3 Ford Falcon FG Ruapuna Park GP May 20 - 23
4 Ruf CTR3 SMS-R Oulton Park Island June 3 - 6
5 Aston Martin Vantage GT3 Watkins Glen GP July 1 - 4
6 Caterham SP/300R Brands Hatch GP Aug 12 - 15
7 2016 Ford Fusion Stockcar Road America Aug 26 - 29
8 Mercedes-Benz AMG C-Coupe DTM Nurburgring GP Sept 9 - 12
9 BMW 1-Series Stanceworks Edition Snetterton 300 Sept 23 - 26
FINAL Ford Falcon FG Bathurst Oct 7 - 10

This thread is for GTP members to discuss the series, car and track combo's and share tips for better lap times.
Good luck to everyone who has entered!

Details: http://www.projectcarsesports.com/2016-nvidia-challenger-series.html

ROUND VEHICLE LOCATION DATE
1 Bentley Continental GT3 Monza GP April 22 - 25
2 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R Laguna Seca Apr 29 - May 2
3 Ford Falcon FG Ruapuna Park GP May 20 - 23
4 Ruf CTR3 SMS-R Oulton Park Island June 3 - 6
5 Aston Martin Vantage GT3 Watkins Glen GP July 1 - 4
6 Caterham SP/300R Brands Hatch GP Aug 12 - 15
7 2016 Ford Fusion Stockcar Road America Aug 26 - 29
8 Mercedes-Benz AMG C-Coupe DTM Nurburgring GP Sept 9 - 12
9 BMW 1-Series Stanceworks Edition Snetterton 300 Sept 23 - 26
FINAL Ford Falcon FG Bathurst Oct 7 - 10

This thread is for GTP members to discuss the series, car and track combo's and share tips for better lap times.
Good luck to everyone who has entered!

Thanks for reminding me of this, I'll definitely give it a shot. The fixed setup should make for a very even field.

@ODB The #NCS is live now, you will find in the community events 👍

Ok thanks about the heads up :dopey: quite tight schedule and on a quick look in a cars I've driven only few laps if any so perhaps a little preparation would have come in need but definitely going to give it a go during the weekend!!

EDIT: oh yeah. do I need to "enter" this series separately or do I just set my lap in at community events??

Last edited:
ODB
Ok thanks about the heads up :dopey: quite tight schedule and on a quick look in a cars I've driven only few laps if any so perhaps a little preparation would have come in need but definitely going to give it a go during the weekend!!

EDIT: oh yeah. do I need to "enter" this series separately or do I just set my lap in at community events??

Just set your lap mate 👍

Just set your lap mate 👍

Ok so I stock tune and just hit the track, sounds simple enough :D Going to be until tomorrow for my first go for I thought I just chill for tonight, but this will be my first actual go for community events so looking forward to it and interesting to see how it goes :) having only few days to practice is really tight so not expecting that much, but seems like there's going to be some TT action so I'll make sure to set up at least some sort of a time to get in to action :dopey: 👍

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

How are you all finding the Bentley at Monza?
What sort of lap times are being thrown down?

It's ok really got a late 45 but can't get back on till Monday now 👎

So I will be well done the leaderboard by then

Same here. I'm away for the weekend (Monday is a holiday in NZ) so I can only have a go then.
I just had a look at the online leaderboard and the top time is 1'45.287 so far.

I run few laps and made 1'49.7.
I have done so little with pCARS but to combo felt ok. Takes little time to used to pCARS over GT6.

Ok heheh this is starting to feel more familiar :D Fist try and I'm barely making it in to top 100 :dopey: really nice there's some proper competition going on and even though I did more driving in GT car today that I've done the whole time I've been playing Pcars (well it's a rough estimate but I had to buy DLC just to get this car :boggled: ) it feels I did a pretty good result even though I'm almost two seconds slower than the lead :dopey: looking at the time @Zakspeed_TV had done I was hoping to make it under 47's but as it took me probably over 2 hours to get under 48's I was getting bit tired and as I came down with a flu few days a go I had my friend Captain Morgan keeping me company and he was starting to get bit too distracting as the time passed so I had to give it up for today...

Thought I'd post a replay of my lap if you guys could give me some tips :) also it would be grate to see some faster guys videos to be able to pic up some ideas so if you guys have the replays post them up so I can compare them with mine... Well anyway here's my effort for today, I think I should find few more tenths going back to it tomorrow with better energy and now that I know the car/track combo better, but if there's some obvious stuff I'm doing wrong (like changing the gear on wrong revs etc.) give me a hint... Oh yeah are you using some assists @Zakspeed_TV ? I was able to be bit faster by turning on the "real assists" on the game menu but not sure did it matter that much...

Here's the lap, on first impression car was nice and easy to drive and Monza is relatively straight forward track, but after getting more familiar with it this car it really feels quite heavy and I'm having real trouble trailbraking in this thing... Well could be the fact that I have basically zero experience on stock GT cars but I guess I'll get used to it, but if you guys have some easy tips I would really appreciate them :cheers:

Nice lap. I had done 1'47.9 so far. I'm having hard time to make trailbraking also.

Nice lap. I had done 1'47.9 so far. I'm having hard time to make trailbraking also.

Heh yeah starts to get pretty tricky after getting under 48's... would be interesting to see some faster laps on replay... But yeah, nice lap mate well done :cheers: I think I have better starting point tomorrow to go with and if I make some improvements I'll post my lap so we'll see how it looks like... Heh well if you figure out how to get below 46's I hope you'll give me some pointers :D hard combo but good learning for me for I've done so little driving on stock tuned cars...

Good luck guys :gtpflag:

I want to share this info with you, it's from this post on the official forum:

Due to the pretty long flat period and the sharp and fairly early dive on the power curve of the Bentley (due to the intake restrictor causing the engine to be starved for air at high revs) you should NOT rev it all the way to the limiter! From my testing I found out that the optimum shift point on the Bentley is right about when the second LED lights up on the dash. When you shift there you have as much or more power in the next gear than you had in the previous gear, and revving to the limiter can rob you from over 30 usable horsepowers, making you significantly slower. It does however also mean that the usable rev range on the Bentley is narrower.

Other than that, I have a question to you: Do you restart the session after every lap to have a new set of fresh and hot tyres for your lap or do you rather keep running to keep the brakes at temperature?

ODB
Ok heheh this is starting to feel more familiar :D Fist try and I'm barely making it in to top 100 :dopey: really nice there's some proper competition going on and even though I did more driving in GT car today that I've done the whole time I've been playing Pcars (well it's a rough estimate but I had to buy DLC just to get this car :boggled: ) it feels I did a pretty good result even though I'm almost two seconds slower than the lead :dopey: looking at the time @Zakspeed_TV had done I was hoping to make it under 47's but as it took me probably over 2 hours to get under 48's I was getting bit tired and as I came down with a flu few days a go I had my friend Captain Morgan keeping me company and he was starting to get bit too distracting as the time passed so I had to give it up for today...

Thought I'd post a replay of my lap if you guys could give me some tips :) also it would be grate to see some faster guys videos to be able to pic up some ideas so if you guys have the replays post them up so I can compare them with mine... Well anyway here's my effort for today, I think I should find few more tenths going back to it tomorrow with better energy and now that I know the car/track combo better, but if there's some obvious stuff I'm doing wrong (like changing the gear on wrong revs etc.) give me a hint... Oh yeah are you using some assists @Zakspeed_TV ? I was able to be bit faster by turning on the "real assists" on the game menu but not sure did it matter that much...

Here's the lap, on first impression car was nice and easy to drive and Monza is relatively straight forward track, but after getting more familiar with it this car it really feels quite heavy and I'm having real trouble trailbraking in this thing... Well could be the fact that I have basically zero experience on stock GT cars but I guess I'll get used to it, but if you guys have some easy tips I would really appreciate them :cheers:

Nice lap mate 👍 Aids are set to real so only abs is available. Only had a go at it on Friday so no real tips really, it's just a case of putting time in to improve. I'm hoping when I get on Monday I can maybe get 45.5ish.
Keep pushing mate 👍

^ABS and TC ;) Nice and clean lap ODB. Also looks very smooth, unlike the top times where they tortoure the car...whether gearbox or suspension :rolleyes:

I want to share this info with you, it's from this post on the official forum:

Ok thanks!! I was looking at the telemetry and came to conclude this same thing (power starts dropping when second led lights up)

Other than that, I have a question to you: Do you restart the session after every lap to have a new set of fresh and hot tyres for your lap or do you rather keep running to keep the brakes at temperature?

I do my laps on fresh tires... I was also looking the brake heats from the telemetry and they really are cold when going in to first few turns so I was actually tried running 2nd lap too, but at least yesterday I was mostly slower on 2nd lap for tires felt bit more slippery..

You think it should save time to run on heated brakes?? Tires cooling down for 2nd lap worries me here...

Nice lap mate 👍 Aids are set to real so only abs is available. Only had a go at it on Friday so no real tips really, it's just a case of putting time in to improve.

Yeah hehehe it really felt like I should simply just "drive better" :D I'm not quite used to driving so safe and stable car and it really feels like I'm trying to guide two tons of steel trough those rather narrow chicanes of Monza (they're reaaly not so narrow at all, in this car they just feel like going trough a needles eye :D ) so going faster really is so "simple" as taking better advantage of the car by using driving techniques to make it a live... SIMPLE, not so easy though :D

al so only abs is available. Only had a go at it on Friday so no real tips really, it's just a case of putting time in to improve. I'm hoping when I get on Monday I can maybe get 45.5ish.
Keep pushing mate 👍

Heh my goal would be sticking in to top 100 ( this I think I can make, wont disappoint myself too much :D ) and I'll be damned if I don't see high 46's already tonight... Naah doesn't even matter THAT much but never the less this seemed like a series I must follow trough!! Driving this bentley yesterday showed me that I will have some learning to do when it comes to GT cars in stock tune... So far I really mostly driven open wheelers in career mode and then done hot lapping in 98T, P30 and gumpert (drove these in career too) and I think I've been tuning them in such way that they turn in to corners almost by themselves, having so stiff car as this I really need to work to get something out of it!! So yeah, this will be good practicing for me that is for sure :)👍

Nice and clean lap ODB. Also looks very smooth,

unlike the top times where they tortoure the car...whether gearbox or suspension :rolleyes:

Heheh well that's what I'm trying to achieve tonight :D My yesterdays lap really probably looks really smooth but I just wasn't quite able to get more out of this car :rolleyes: I think the idea would be to sort of take this car from the neck and just FORCE it to DANCE trough the corners but when talking about English gentleman with stiff upper lip it's not so easy... HE JUST DOES'T WANT TO DANCE :lol: :lol: hehehe naah, nothing hard in punishing the gear box, making the suspension alive just takes some quite brilliant maneuvering...

Oh yeah, can I see those laps on video somewhere???
Have a nice Sunday guys :gtpflag:

Last edited:
ODB
I do my laps on fresh tires... I was also looking the brake heats from the telemetry and they really are cold when going in to first few turns so I was actually tried running 2nd lap too, but at least yesterday I was mostly slower on 2nd lap for tires felt bit more slippery..

You think it should save time to run on heated brakes?? Tires cooling down for 2nd lap worries me here...

That's exactly what I was wondering about. On a track like Monza it is obviously important to have your brakes working properly. The question is if that makes up for colder tyres.

That's exactly what I was wondering about. On a track like Monza it is obviously important to have your brakes working properly. The question is if that makes up for colder tyres.

I should have time for few hour stint tonight and I try it out again... That much was quite sure that I was able to brake just a tad later in to first corner on 2nd lap but felt like on 2nd turn I was sliding a bit too much already.. Pretty certain that the 1st lap is the best opportunity for that hot lap for warmer tires but Monzas first turns really makes this bit less obvious... @Zakspeed_TV should we restart after every lap and go with warm tires, or can we just keep lapping (tire wear is obviously off) without restarting and the car should stay roughly the same no matter if I hit like 100 laps in a row or how is this?? When I've done TT's I just lower the tire temps so much that they're usually burning by the second lap so hot lapping in stock car is bit different... So do you do your fast lap on the 1st lap or just keep lapping until you hit good lap??

Tire wearing is on.

It's forced by the event? Ok well then I think it's quite obvious that you must make the best effort on the first lap, having fresh tires is quite much better I'd guess no matter what sort of a corner it is...

Ok I changed the field of view to 65 (cockpit) and it actually made everything seem different, corners look more steep now and I'm really getting better view on some of the details I need, braking points etc... I also took on to follow @Zakspeed_TV 's ghost for one lap and I saw he was taking a bit wider line for corners 3 and 4 and also for the last corner and as I was paying a bit more attention to how I approach these corners I started to find time... I also started to feel the car much better and I realized I can brake really deep in to corners for this car turns so nicely when on the brake... Just have to be careful in few places not to turn and brake too much for the car will oversteer quite badly, in first chicane I'm on the brakes all the way to the first apex, but feels like on 2nd chicane trying to go too deep will throw me off balance... Also getting my left front wheel to go from the left side of that red sausage is quite difficult but turning in late enough will help on that.. I was looking the get 46:5 but couldn't quite not make it today, driving with better field of view also made this car feel bit more alive (or I just got used to it)

Here's the lap if some of you guys want to try to pick up some stuff from it, good luck :cheers:

1:46:611 somewhere in top the 70 IIRC

Nice lap mate 👍 Aids are set to real so only abs is available. Only had a go at it on Friday so no real tips really, it's just a case of putting time in to improve. I'm hoping when I get on Monday I can maybe get 45.5ish.
Keep pushing mate 👍

Go on @Zakspeed_TV get no 1 spot! I did a 1:47.104 which i'm happy with, just tickling the short and curlys of you aliens! ;) Good luck mate! 👍

Back