2017/18 UEFA Europa League

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 41 comments
Anyone watching Dynamo Kiev v Lazio?

It's as if Kiev is now a mediterranean city, so much theatrical diving going on.

Edit.

Dortmund is a shadow of what it once was. It's clear that they've lost too many great players they haven't replaced.

Last edited:
It's as if Kiev is now a mediterranean city, so much theatrical diving going on.
Speaking of diving... Danny Welbeck. It would have been embarrassing were it not for the outrageous decision to give a penalty, then it became utterly hilarious.

Anyone watching Dynamo Kiev v Lazio?

Edit.

Dortmund is a shadow of what it once was. It's clear that they've lost too many great players they haven't replaced.
The problem with Dortmund is they are too willing to sell players, it's insane that alot of the time they are selling their best players to their biggest rivals as well.

Sure they might be turning profits but this is not how you win throphys.

Still they have one of the best youth systems in the world and they have some of the best scouts as well, they will rebuild.

I only caught about a half hour of the Arsenal and AC Milan match and it was probably the worst half hour possible. Turned it on around the 60th minute to see Donnarumma parry a ball into his own net and watch Milan make Jack Wilshere look like Messi.

Only one way to make the Champions League now (Re:$$$ to pay loans) and that is through the Serie A finish.

Man.

Arsenal and Atletico are 2 major clubs in Europe, but tonight's game isn't half of what we got in the Champions league. 'tis a bit ruined by the early red card, but still, it could be a lot better.

Edit.

And Arsenal are ****ed.

Last edited:
I wonder why Arsenal even bothered to come back on the field for the second half. They have been playing as if there was no hope for a goal. An absolute non-performance.

Perhaps Wenger asked them to throw the game. To stick it to the asses in charge who buttflupped him out of the job.

Edit.

I just noticed that I have been talking to myself in this thread for 4 weeks now.

Last edited:
It's okay @Dennisch it's just that nobody cares about the Europa League.

To be fair, it has been getting better now that it's a route into the Champions League, but it's still largely a forgotten non-event cash-in organized almost exclusively for sponsorship interests.
If I didn't love watching Arsenal lose so much (and happened to be bored in Iceland at a bar that had it on) I wouldn't have bothered watching tonight, and I doubt I'll go out of my way to catch the final. It just isn't a particularly compelling competition.

It just isn't a particularly compelling competition.

It had some pretty good games once most of the crap was pooped out of the competition though. It was a shame that Arsenal were, well, arse and Salzberg were screwed horribly by the referee. Marseille scored in the second overtime out of a corner that should not have been awarded.

What kills the Europa League is that Champions League rejects get parachuted into it. Chances are, the EL winners are one of those teams the next year.

And also rewarding finishing 5th or lower in the top divisions.

🤬 off.

What kills the Europa League is that Champions League rejects get parachuted into it. Chances are, the EL winners are one of those teams the next year.

And also rewarding finishing 5th or lower in the top divisions.

🤬 off.
it's still largely a forgotten non-event cash-in organized almost exclusively for sponsorship interests.
Gotta get dat money!

Another spanish team to win an european cup (or league).

Didn't watch it but from the stats point of view, it looked like a one sided match.

Back