2017 AMA Supercross seasonMotorbikes 

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 46 comments
While the 24 Hours of Daytona was the big racing event fans were seeing, the (official name dropping) Monster Energy AMA Supercross an FIM World Championship was in Glendale, Arizona. Without spoiling anything, congratulations to the Main Event winners in 250cc and 450cc. The next round of the championship will be the last one in California this season as AMA Supercross rocks Oakland. Yeah... some NorCal action in the Bay Area coming up.

What a main event!!! That was incredible from Chad Reed, I'm still a bit in shock and I watched that yesterday. Where the hell did that come from??

And Tomac too. After the last couple of season, who'd have thunk he still had what it takes to ride a full main event without fading.

Real hero of the night though for me was the track. That was one of the best SX tracks I think I've ever seen. The rythem sections were incredibly difficult with all kinds of weird lines, some which really rewarded the brave. The flat track sections led to some great passing and repassing....just, everything was superb 👍

Really hope this trend of the "defeatable Dungey" continues...although I think next round, he'll be out for blood and status quo will be resumed.

So... Remember when I said Ken's performance at A1 was dominating? (It's literally on the first page of this thread...)

Holy cow, was Eli on his own planet in Glendale! If he's confident and comfortable on the night... and gets the holeshot, I'm sure that helped... he can be the guy to beat, as he showed last Saturday. Nice surprise to see Reed's performance, as well. 250s had a nice race with Hill vs. Mcelrath, that will be fun to watch to the end.

Honorable mention from the weekend: I'm very impressed with Malcolm Stewart. I know he fell in both mains, this weekend and the last, so his results are at the bottom of the sheet. But he's qualified out of the 1st round heats both weekends, he is super fast. For a last minute deal and on privateer bike, he has the potential for a great result in the coming weeks.

Track for Oakland looks pretty sick. Bathurst 12hr and Supercross on the same night (in the US)! :D

Oakland, California gets its shine on tonight with AMA Supercross there. While the Oakland Raiders may or may not move proper to Las Vegas, at least the fans in Oakland will get to see AMA Supercross make its final stop of the season in the Golden State. Go enjoy some AMA Supercross tonight, folks!

Sorry to spoil, but here are the Oakland results if you haven't looked around online...

* 250cc Main Event Oakland: Justin Hill
* 450cc Main Event Oakland: Eli Tomac

I saw the 450cc highlights in a video on Twitter. Man, Tomac was shadowing Ryan Dungey and pulled off a sick pass on him. It was great!

Next round of the AMA Supercross season is the last AMA Supercross West race for a while, as the tour comes into my home state of Texas to race at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. That race drops the gate this Saturday.

At 10:00 PM EST on FOX Sports 1, AMA Supercross has its final West division race until April when AMA Supercross eminates from Arlington, Texas. The home of the NFL's Dallas Cowboys will have some racing as hard-hitting as any gridiron football game. Give the Valentine's gift of AMA Supercross! :)

Finally rewatched the race from last week. Tomac has momentum on his side after reeling in the champ like it was nothing. Tonight should be fun to watch! 👍

Heads up! Monster Energy Supercross, an FIM World Championship, is about to show on FOX Sports 1. The action makes its first Midwestern trip with the action from Minneapolis, Minnesota. First race of the AMA Supercross East tour.

Tonight, AMA Supercross is ready to go down South. Yep- AMA Supercross East action from the ATL at the Georgia Dome, the former home of Super Bowl LI runners-up Atlanta Falcons. Who'll win the last ever AMA Supercross event at the Georgia Dome? We'll find out tonight in Atlanta! FOX Sports 1 should air this event at 7:00 PM EST.

At 10:00 PM EST tonight, FOX Sports 1 will show highlights of AMA Supercross from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The only non-American event this season will come to you from beautiful Toronto. Be sure to check out the action from Toronto if you get a chance.

Going downtown to the race today in Indianapolis. Catch it on your local FOX channel tonight!

Heads up! FOX Sports 1 is showing AMA Supercross from St. Louis right now. Yes- it's LIVE! I'm sorry I haven't updated this post too much.

I just recently got caught up, turning into a great season. When Roczen went down I thought it was over, but Tomac is riding the best I've ever seen him ride, and I almost wonder if Dungee is nursing an undisclosed injury, because he does not seem himself.

AMA Supercross from Seattle is on right now. Enjoy, all my Pacific Northwest friends...

Impulse bought tickets for tonight's race at Metlife Stadium, looks like I'll there this evening! :D

This weekend is the 2017 season finale in Las Vegas. Vegas, baby! East and West ready to clash to determine champions (if any haven't been locked up prior to this coming weekend). Enjoy the action.

Heads up! The 2017 AMA Supercross finale is going on right now from Las Vegas. Enjoy the show!

Back