2017 F1 Constructor technical info/developmentFormula 1 

Shame really.

But as we're pretty much done with 2017, it seems ridiculous that rules changes are still being made for 2018.

Eh, cars were always going to become more ugly. I'm less concerned with the aesthetics if we can (in any way) increase the quality of the racing.

Which is all subjective of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

I never said the shark fin had beauty to it, I'd rather it not exist either and if it did I'd only want it to be a specific version. The reality is I think we were robbed a chance at the best looking f1 cars in a long time if ever, due to the shark fin as I showed earlier in the thread. My point is the shark fin serves a purpose now aesthetically due to the introduction of the the halo. Similar to an open cockpit p1/p2 car or even closed, is what next years car is seemingly reminding me of, and if that's the case it will look more complete with the shark fin. Without it, as I said, it looks like it direct focus to the most ugly part of the car.

It'll be interesting to see if this is part of a Ferrari exit plan as some commentators are suggesting - stay in the sport under a different marque. After all, it's barely 70 years since Alfa last won an F1 championship :)

Rumors have been around for a while now, finally it is confirmed: Sauber will become the "Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team"

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sauber-alfa-romeo-returns-partnership-983901/

They will keep the Ferrari engines, but will call them Alfa Romeo engines. Just like Red Bull drives Tag Heuer engines.

Edit: Maybe it is time to start a 2018 constructor thread?
Alfa Romeo Sauber2018.jpg

It'll be interesting to see if this is part of a Ferrari exit plan as some commentators are suggesting - stay in the sport under a different marque. After all, it's barely 70 years since Alfa last won an F1 championship :)
Alfa never won an F1 championship. Back then there was only a drivers championship.

Back