2017 F1 Pre SeasonFormula 1 

• Thread starter RX-7_FD3S
  • 386 comments
Anything was better than that launch livery, glad to see a colour that stands out and looks good in a bubble gum kinda way.

When was the last time pink in some form had a presence on the grid? '92 Brabham?

hill-hungary.png
Mark-Webber-Jaguar-GP-Monaco-2003-fotoshowBig-7b690873-955030.jpg

So it went from the ugliest to the ugliest but in pink. Too many ads and the blue ad just messes with it a lot. That studio shot looks hideous, hopefully it looks better on track.

At least it doesn't have the fork nose now. Confirmed it was just down to the way it was painted
How can you tell from that shot? I looked to see if there were any others, but have not found any. Until we see it straight on, not sure we will know for sure.

It's still a bad scheme, but I'll take the pink one over the "we were too lazy to do anything" silver one they had before. Whatever. You might actually be able to pick out the cars on track with that colour scheme - so good. I do think we're missing a good quality green car (and I normally hate green). Something like the old jags would be nice.

I'd normally love green but being color blind it's hard to see properly. Same with the orange/yellow/reds. I'm sure the McLaren orange looks better than I see it.

Other than Haas who else is mostly grey? I think they're all relatively different now

Mercedes - bright silver
Ferrari - red
Red Bull - dark blue with red accents
Williams - white
Force India - pink
Sauber - bright blue
Toro Rosso - blue with accents
McLaren - orange
Renault - yellow
Haas - grey

Thankfully Force India and BWT didn't go overboard with the water bubbles graphics that looked horrible on the DTM Mercedes.

More color on the grid is always good.

I'm really glad Force India have gone ahead with it, as many have said, it's so refreshing to have some colour on the grid, after so many seasons of the same relatively dull, dark liveries.

Also the VJM10 pulls off that shade of pink pretty well, would normally be adverse to to it, plus their design of shark-fin blends in much better now.

Reminded me of another classic pink livery, in the form of the Porsche 917; aka "The Pink Pig". Although, albeit, the 917's shade of pink is a bit different but still.

Porsche 917 Pink Pig.jpg

You definitely "can" do pink right, but it takes some work. Now I just wish Mercedes had gone with a genuinely new scheme - theirs is ugly, has been ugly, and terribly boring.

You definitely "can" do pink right, but it takes some work. Now I just wish Mercedes had gone with a genuinely new scheme - theirs is ugly, has been ugly, and terribly boring.

Exactly this.

Granted, with the car being silver, it stay's true to their "Silver Arrows" moniker, but it wouldn't hurt to spice it up.

Even if the livery was inverted, so the Petronas green became the main colour, and the silver was used for the detailing, it'd make for a change

Last edited:
When was the last time pink in some form had a presence on the grid? '92 Brabham?

There was a little bit of pink on the back section of the '95 Footwork car too. 👍

db694182d27cb633bdc3770faa1d2127.jpg

I can't believe a couple of weeks ago I was slagging off Force India for having one of the most bland livery designs I have ever seen. Now it's the complete opposite. I'm loving the pink. :)

Hey,

Been a while since i posted in this forum. I am having a look around and maybe i missed it. But is there a Fantasy F1 for the 2017 season?

Thanks.

Hey,

Been a while since i posted in this forum. I am having a look around and maybe i missed it. But is there a Fantasy F1 for the 2017 season?

Thanks.

I decided I rather not fail classes this semester/year, and decided not to host it this year, but anyone else willing to is free to do so.

In reality it wasn't really hurting my school work just too many personal things happened and school was most harmed by it that I decided to cut out most of my free time to other things like studying.

I decided I rather not fail classes this semester/year, and decided not to host it this year, but anyone else willing to is free to do so.

In reality it wasn't really hurting my school work just too many personal things happened and school was most harmed by it that I decided to cut out most of my free time to other things like studying.

Hey,

that's cool, school is important so no need to explain further. Will see if i can get something started before the first race.

cheers.

Back