2017 F1 Pre SeasonFormula 1 

• Thread starter RX-7_FD3S
  • 386 comments
computer-smash-other-guys-Mark-Wahlberg-angry.gif

You got to be kidding me...

Honda won't be in Formula one by year's end. Calling it now. They are worse than what they were in their first year.

Honda on the Alonso problem: "Fernando has stopped out on track with the same issue that Stoffel encountered yesterday - intermittent electrical shutdown.

"Various electrical components in the PU and chassis were changed overnight, and the team are making further changes to eliminate variables and identify the source of the problem."

76035394.jpg

Wouldn't 1-1.5 seconds be an improvement? We've seen cars at the back of the pack off the lead times by what 2-3 seconds in some races?

PS: I wonder how often Hamilton thinks about his move from Mclaren to Mercedes...

At the time we all thought that McLaren were the team going forwards and Mercedes-Benz were the team going backwards.

He must have known a dud when he saw one. A fantastic move in retrospect.
Don't think he couldn't have seen the writing on the wall during his last season with Button?

They had the fastest car on the grid and cocked it up in every way possible.

They have never recovered from it.

That's what I heart too.

(Hopefully last) Red Flag. Toro Rosso standing on S/F straight. Even Alonso could do a few laps in the past hour :D

At the time we all thought that McLaren were the team going forwards and Mercedes-Benz were the team going backwards.

He must have known a dud when he saw one. A fantastic move in retrospect.
Yeah that factor is so important in F1. Seems Fernando had the other side of that medal a lot..

That's a great video. Let's not forget that these Grand Prix cars are also at their heaviest since the 1930s if not their heaviest ever. And Räikkönen is still 3+ seconds faster than last year's ultra-dominant car.

That's a great video. Let's not forget that these Grand Prix cars are also at their heaviest since the 1930s if not their heaviest ever. And Räikkönen is still 3+ seconds faster than last year's ultra-dominant car.
Well yeah they are heavier because the fatter and hence more gripper tyres weigh more.

On first glance, I thought that was just the usual "bring forth the copyright hammer" of years past when I saw that the video wouldn't work on this site, turns out Liberty are doing at least one thing right! It would be very nice indeed if they could show various highlights of that quality throughout the year.

Turn 6 is where Kimi really increases the gap.

Turn 3 is what really amazes me. They're pretty much flat-out through there. I cannot even imagine how physically challenging it's going to be when they're doing that for 90 minutes straight.

Well yeah they are heavier because the fatter and hence more gripper tyres weigh more.
It's the power units that have caused the weight increase. These cars are back to the pace of the V10 cars, but it's the weight increase that makes such a development so impressive.

Back