2017 Ford Gt is meh.

• Thread starter Pururut
  • 75 comments
So let me get this straight, OP:

You're trying to anti-hype the 2017 Ford GT, a modern road-going supercar that clocks in at almost 650hp and weighs 1385kg, because you don't think it corners as good as the 1966 Ford GT40, a homologation model of a Le Mans sports car that makes 300hp less and weighs 300kg less.

Aside from sharing the Ford GT name, you're comparing apples to oranges here. Plus everyone else here seems to be satisfied with the '17 GT on the other hand. It's quite clear you're trying to be a contrarian here, OP, especially with such a weak argument to try to "prove" your point.
Are you sure that everyone satisfied? It seems like you only read comments that suits to you.

Also PD slapped 0/100 downforce value to the car which obviously not realistic at all. The car can lowered to 50mm in track mode while in game it can only lowered to 90mm.

Are those not good enough for my point?

Last edited:
Are you sure that everyone satisfied? It seems like you only read comments that suits to you.

Also PD slapped 0/100 downforce value to the car which obviously not realistic at all. The car can lowered to 50mm in track mode while in game it can only lowered to 90mm.

Are those not good enough for my point?

Unfortunately there are lots of examples of questionable downforce and suspension values applied to cars in GT, like the GT-R Nismo having the same amount of downforce as the standard one, and the same values being put on different cars

It's a great car from a driving standpoint, but it's not a beauty. Almost ugly.
I hate the back end

The only GT40 missing out in GTS is this one:

maxresdefault.jpg

Should have the Mk2 which IMO is the best one.

I used the Forza model because you know, its perfect.
Don't forget the 1969 race car
(I know its basecally a MK.1 but you know) .

Drove the Ford GT quite a bit yesterday. I really like it. Reminds me a little of the KTM. Carbon tub, very stiff, track focused, rewards neat driving.

The GTE version must be around the corner.

Last edited:
The 2nd-gen Ford GT handles like a dream at lower speeds, I love how it handles. But once I begin to gain speed and reach the 170 mark, I've noticed that the car just stiffens up and refuses to move. This is chalked up to the aerodynamics, which I don't understand why it doesn't have any front downforce whatsoever. Other than that. It's an amazing car.

I finally had the time to test it and oh boy is it a fast and great car. Did a 07.11.036 with it on the Nordschleife. It is basically 1! second slower, than the F1 and Veneno and about 4 seconds faster, than the One-77 and Porsche GT3. Feels pretty well planted, has great brakes, less understeer than the others and nice acceleration. From 300 km/h onwards it's a little disappointing though and it is also a little slippery at low speeds. Definatly not really hard to move at the limit.

Yep, I found like danimac it picks up speed very quickly when you get on the throttle mid corner, and it rapidly makes the turning circle wider so you have to be a bit patient, but once you get it right you can get a lot more speed out of it.

With regard to cornering speeds at LeMans in the 60's GT40 - heres an interesting video where it is discussed in the commentary, though there is some debate over accuracy in the comments. I couldn't keep my eyes off the trees right next to the track down Mulsanne though, scary stuff at 200mph!

Sick video. The growl sends a chill up my spine.

Don't forget the 1969 race car
(I know its basecally a MK.1 but you know) .

Yes, since the Mk1 was available as a race car in GT6 then yeah, a Gr.X version should come (I guess???) - its a bit weird to ask for a Gr.X version when the N300 exists yet here we are!

I'm usually in the N400/500/600 classes and yeah the 2017 GT3 really does do well. Mine has a HSG tune and its really competitve except when its asked to run terminal velocities where it is a bit lacking, perhaps the 3.5 v6 is at its limit there?

The old 5.4 v8 is an engine that has little limit... we know that in the really world it hits 400km/h on bonneville salt flat situations.

Be that as it may, the 2017 I try to avoid given that it is so good in 99% of track situations.

That rear wing going up and down on hairpins is a bit... funny.

Even with a complete moron like me behind the wheel... a full weight n400 GT with only 439hp dusted the entire GT4 class on nurburgring after 2/3rd of a lap.... to humiliate the lot after 2 laps. The interval at the end? I dont know, it was lots. And this is a std. 2 lap professional custom race.

The car rips.

me neither but i had a go at it for the fun :). Thanks

Mind telling me how you got the buttresses to comply? Even after messing with it in the livery editor, it hates my guts, video probably? I keep having the decal show through the other side of the buttress, I've tried messing with depth and angle and no luck.

Even with a complete moron like me behind the wheel... a full weight n400 GT with only 439hp dusted the entire GT4 class on nurburgring after 2/3rd of a lap.... to humiliate the lot after 2 laps. The interval at the end? I dont know, it was lots. And this is a std. 2 lap professional custom race.

The car rips.
You cant judge the cars by racing against bots.

You can judge a car but not in very fine detail... eg. I did a GT40Mk1 vs. 2004 GT vs. 2017 GT test around the "Ring and they all passed. I could get them all to win but all the problem lies in finding and recording the interval.

However can you beat the AI in an N400 SuperBee? I doubt I could. What about an N400 Toyota Tundra?

In very coarse terms you can in that your skill is pretty constant and the AI at that level is also pretty constant.

Back