2017 Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand PrixFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 952 comments
I hate to say "good" in a situation like this, but Perez brought that on himself. No matter who's actually at fault, Ocon wasn't having a repeat of Canada.

And he's furious now? :lol:

And in spite of every attempt he has made to bottle it, Ricciardo finds himself in a great position to make it four podiums in a row.

Actually, I wonder if Verstappen's mechanical issues could be traced back to him pushing harder than Ricciardo most of the time. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but if he's trying to drive the RB13 harder than it was designed to be driven over the course of a season, that could explain both his crazy pace and his subsequent issues.

That's not to say that Verstappen is doing anything 'wrong' and in fact, it's clear that Ricciardo is flustered by Verstappen's newfound qualifying form. He's not used to having a team-mate who often beats him in qualifying and that could explain why he kissed the wall in Q3 and doomed himself to 10th.

Last edited:
Vettel definitely hit Hamilton there. And I can't blame him, Hamilton did brake test him.

And for the first time ever, I love you Seb Vettel. That was brilliant.

Wow. Vettel should get a big penalty for that. Using your car as a weapon a la Maldonado.

*edit*
Vettel definitely hit Hamilton there. And I can't blame him, Hamilton did brake test him.

And for the first time ever, I love you Seb Vettel. That was brilliant.

What are you watching? Hamilton stayed at a constant speed. Vettel accelerated without realising.

Didn't know that was damaged too.

Vettel hit Hamilton after that brake check in a teenage girl like way. Took his hand off the wheel to wave a WTF sign and car veered to the right.

I hate to say "good" in a situation like this, but Perez brought that on himself. No matter who's actually at fault, Ocon wasn't having a repeat of Canada.

And he's furious now? :lol:
I think it was fair enough for Ocon to have a go, but he misjudged the kerb and exit slightly like Bottas on the first lap. Unlucky for both of them, but certainly not complaining that Massa is up in 3rd! :lol:

Red flag. So uh, this race has been something.

RED FLAG!!!!!!

Red Flag! Get the street sweeper out!

Red flag, comrades.

How appropriate.

Red Flag says you can repair damage and do things. Can Raikkonen come back?

Well, I guess Red Flag is a good decision if they can't get their 🤬 together otherwise.

Has there been a red flag? :sly:

I think it's great. Something that this series needs. Passion and emotion. No more coporate "yes" man, a bit of emotion and passion is needed here and Vettel just displayed that.

Neither move was on.

Hamilton's "brake test" was in a dangerous place and Vettel bashing into Hamilton was very dangerous.

I think it's great. Something that this series needs. Passion and emotion. No more coporate "yes" man, a bit of emotion and passion is needed here and Vettel just displayed that.

Passion, yes.

Deliberately hitting someone, NO.

It has plenty of that. No reason to play bumper cars when Lewis is trying let the SC go and no risk trouble like the last restart where he supposedly passed before the first SC line.

Also it wasn't a brake test, considering he never accelerated or braked, he coasted through the turn, let's quit blowing it up as a malicious act.

I don't think Vettel purposely turned into Hamilton. He had one hand on the wheel and I think he just wasn't in total control. Not excusing him at all though.

This as well, let's not assume that Vettel purposely turned into Lewis either...

If Hamilton gets a penalty, Vettel should be hit twice as hard. Completely unacceptable reaction from Sebastian.

Gotta agree somewhat, F1 has lacked proper drama for decades and the speed was low but I can see the other angle of it though.

Less than half of a race and already more excitement than the entire weekend last year.

Good stuff. Good stuff.

Vettel and Hami under investigation.

You can clearly see when Vettel runs up alongside Hamilton, he turned the wheel hard left then hard right to come back next to Hamilton. But he never straightens out because he's busy putting his hands up.

Latest Posts

Back