2017 Formula 1 Pirelli Belgian Grand PrixFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 250 comments
What was before Brawn? and so on?

Technically nothing, the FIA registered them as a brand new team. They were formed from the defunct remnants of the scrapped Honda team who some years previously had bought out the BAR team (who had originally been Tyrell).

I think you have forgottent in your article that, once again, Perez proved his incompetence too...

The thing is... I don't see Perez being so dangerously firm with any other driver than Ocon. I think it could be that Perez wants number one "no racing" status and isn't happy that the team wanted to let them race. He's becoming a proper little rockstar.

There are quite a few drugs that are banned but not for reasons you may have thought of. The beta blockers that I take to regulate my heart rate are a banned substance for motorsports (and archery, shooting, billiards etc) as they keep your heart rate down and make you less susceptible to "pressure" and/or help keep your hands still.

Before I was on them, I'd be racing at a GT LAN and someone would be catching me and my heart rate would increase and I'd tense up a bit. Same if I was on a hotlap and about to beat my ghost. Now I'm on the beta blockers, I don't notice it as much.

I've heard of Beta Blockers, but I never knew what they actually did (or that they were actually banned from sports). Interestingly though, I don't see FIM on that list. Would've thought considering how physically intensive 2 Wheel Motorsport is, it'd be on there somewhere.

As for your use of it, Was your heart rate getting to dangerous levels whenever said moments occurred?

As for your use of it, Was your heart rate getting to dangerous levels whenever said moments occurred?
I have bouts of Atrial Fibrilation and the beta blockers just keep it under control. My heart rate now is probably about 50-60bpm and it rarely gets above 100bpm now, even when I'm out on my bicycle. When I was in AF, it'd be about 130-140bpm at rest.

I don't recall a time when Sauber were not, well, Sauber. Even during that confusing time where they somehow had BMW AND Ferrari In the name (Not sure how one even manages that), Sauber was still there.

I don't recall a time when Sauber were not, well, Sauber. Even during that confusing time where they somehow had BMW AND Ferrari In the name (Not sure how one even manages that), Sauber was still there.
Ferrari doesn't matter because it was an engine supply, when BMW was involved they bought the entire team and Peter Sauber was an Employee of BMW Sauber so it kinda is different.

From F1's own app:

IMG_8269.jpg

Ehhh. Tomato, Tomato...

Seriously though, I love how even the picture has the proper spelling and someone still messed up.

Back