2017 Formula 1 Pirelli Magyar NagydijFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 300 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
It's Magyar Nagydíj time again! Or to those not blessed with knowledge of the Hungarian dialect, it's Hungarian Grand Prix time again! Only Monza and Monaco can boast a longer run of consecutive years hosting a Grand Prix, so this circuit is truly steeped with history. A tight and twisty circuit that has the tendency to throw up interesting results, the track has been resurfaced this year, so that's something. Interesting fact: no winner of the Hungarian Grand Prix has gone on to win the title since 2005! Will that change this year? Well, we shall soon find out (well, after the last race at least with the last comment) as we welcome the Hungarian Grand Prix!
1468859259715.png

Hungaroring

First Race

Laps

Circuit Length
4.381km (2.722mi)

Race Length
306.63km (190.53mi)

Lap Record
1:19.071, Michael Schumacher (Ferrari) 2004

2016 Results
1: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
2: Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)
3: Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull - Tag Heuer)​

I have a feeling the Ferraris are going to come good, here. If all goes right, Vettel could be looking at another win.

Gut feeling

The program with Giovinazzi at Haas F1, is not going well. He's only weakening the team. He's driving like an amateur, and then he just wrecked Kevin's car with a clear signal, "Good luck in the qualifying".

Think Guynter Steiner has his thinking, you can clearly see he is not happy.
Send Giovinazzi home, and give him a Go Cart.

I don't like the idea of having these Friday drivers, because how they handle it as it is. The drivers in the teams has to leant his race car to another driver.
It would make more sense to me if these drivers was using the test cars, or if they could introduce spare cars again, one spare car per team, it would mean that the established drivers wouldn't loose any practice runs.
What do you guys think, let's have a discussion about it.

The program with Giovinazzi at Haas F1, is not going well. He's only weakening the team. He's driving like an amateur, and then he just wrecked Kevin's car with a clear signal, "Good luck in the qualifying".

Think Guynter Steiner has his thinking, you can clearly see he is not happy.
Send Giovinazzi home, and give him a Go Cart.

I don't like the idea of having these Friday drivers, because how they handle it as it is. The drivers in the teams has to leant his race car to another driver.
It would make more sense to me if these drivers was using the test cars, or if they could introduce spare cars again, one spare car per team, it would mean that the established drivers wouldn't loose any practice runs.
What do you guys think, let's have a discussion about it.
agree. Also with the knowledge that Giovinazzi will not race for Haas in future/next season. Then why does he needs to testdrive now for Haas? orders from the higher order team? Leclerc's chances are increasing

Other suggestion: Let the test drvers start one hour before the P1,P2 trainingsession. That means rescheduling of other race leagues prior to the trainingseries but it's just an developing idea

Even if it will cost Renault some money to get Palmer out of his seat for the rest of 2017, if Kubica has a good test day next week he can help Renault more than Palmer (well, his money) regarding 2018 onwards which is what they are aiming for

I think this has pretty much set things in motion for Kubica to replace Palmer. This season? Perhaps not, but certainly if Kubica can prove that he can drive a 2017 spec car with the capability or at least 95% of the capability he could drive some ten years ago, I feel we're going to see a different name in that Renault alongside the Hulk in 2018.

On a side note, the way he has hit the barrier does look a little like the F1 trailer. Curse of the Codies?

Both McLarens in the top 10 in both sessions...
The Hungaroring isn't as dependent on top end speed as other tracks, so being down on power isn't quite as much of a disadvantage this round.

Which probably means Alonso's gearbox will shred itself into metal coleslaw on lap 68, just out of sheer spite.

The Hungaroring isn't as dependent on top end speed as other tracks, so being down on power isn't quite as much of a disadvantage this round.

Which probably means Alonso's gearbox will shred itself into metal coleslaw on lap 68, just out of sheer spite.

But let's hope not . Time for the tango to shine !

As for the Palmer pic . Maybe he was looking at a big sign with his quali position ?

That thread name, whatever naming convention it follows, is certainly not user friendly. It's 2017 F1 Hungarian GP, that what we need to now at first glimpse in the thread list.

I'd be pretty worried for 2018 if Kubica does well in the post-race test, if I were Palmer.
If Palmer is not worried at all for 2018, then he must have way more cash to bring that he currently do. In recent interviews of Cyril Abiteboul, he uses carefully chosen words about Palmer that refers to his current contract, almost speaking like a lawyer. Palmer doesn't seems to be an option at all beyond that contract.

Anybody knows why would Massa miss the Qualifications? Just heard that he could be replaced, but don't know why.

Anybody knows why would Massa miss the Qualifications? Just heard that he could be replaced, but don't know why.

Illness. He was at a medical centre yesterday and cleared to return by the medical delegate. On Sky F1 they just said he has been having dizzy spells.

Edit looks like Paul Di Resta is replacing him as they have just taken out the peddles of Massa's car and they'd only change them if they were too worn down or a taller or shorter driver was going in the car.

Illness. He was at a medical centre yesterday and cleared to return by the medical delegate. On Sky F1 they just said he has been having dizzy spells.

Edit looks like Paul Di Resta is replacing him as they have just taken out the peddles of Massa's car and they'd only change them if they were too worn down or a taller or shorter driver was going in the car.
He didn't participate in any free practice session though. Will the stewards allow him as a special circumstance or something?

He didn't participate in any free practice session though. Will the stewards allow him as a special circumstance or something?

I think so as Williams are already preparing the Car for Di Resta. He is the reserve driver and I'm sure he will have had to complete the same tests as the other drivers.

The Qualifying session is classed as a practice session so he'll (Di Resta) be able to compete in the race come Sunday.

They were going on about "how hard it'll be" and "in at the deep end" but he's probably had more driving as a reserve/test driver than the race drivers and he'll be relishing the chance.

He should at least be aiming to beat Stroll but it looks like they're struggling at this circuit.

The Qualifying session is classed as a practice session so he'll (Di Resta) be able to compete in the race come Sunday.

They were going on about "how hard it'll be" and "in at the deep end" but he's probably had more driving as a reserve/test driver than the race drivers and he'll be relishing the chance.

He should at least be aiming to beat Stroll but it looks like they're struggling at this circuit.

About the bit in bold. It should be hard as he hasn't actually driven this years car at all. All the testing he has done has been on the simulator. With him relishing the chance it's a yes as if I remember rightly Massa only signed for this year to cover Bottas and he should be thinking that it's his chance to get a race drive for next season.

Wow, what a challenge and opportunity for PdR.

Has a driver ever driven only Qualy and Race at a weekend?

Back