2017 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand PrixFormula 1 

Is it bold to believe that at least one McLaren will finish - and not that far off pace or even last?

I don't think it is, but I don't think they'll be on the pace, then again I don't think a few teams will be on the pace either so yeah they probably wont be last if they finish at all.

And just before the first 2017 race FIA erased the so called 'Verstappen braking rule'. Also upon request of the majority of the teams 👍 In general they now say which is fair: he who drives uncarefully will get a penalty (and I think this is/was always the case).

Let the racing begin!

American schedule:

IMG_7608.JPG

This is a system that is not only used by other series and used very well, but one which has proven extremely popular.

That may very well be true, we don't get a whole lot of race coverage here in the states, even of some of our own domestic series much less anything outside. I did love the coverage that Speed channel used to give us over our winter off-season, especially the Aussie V8's...too bad Speed channel is gone. Seems to me though, depending on who you ask, there is plenty wrong with F1 as is that need addressing. I very rarely here anyone complain about qualifying so I think it would low on the list of things to address. I could be wrong though...it wouldn't be the first time :)

lucky US. this is the time schedule for EU

24 Mar 2017
02:00-03:30 First free practice
06:00-07:30 Second free practice
25 Mar 2017
04:00-05:00 Third free practice
07:00-08:00 Qualifying
26 Mar 2017
07:00 Race

lucky US. this is the time schedule for EU

24 Mar 2017
02:00-03:30 First free practice
06:00-07:30 Second free practice
25 Mar 2017
04:00-05:00 Third free practice
07:00-08:00 Qualifying
26 Mar 2017
07:00 Race
You guys get the luxury of mid-day/afternoon and evening races for most of the season though. Races in Europe start at 8am on the east coast and 5am in the west.

Last edited:
Anyone want to start betting times on the fast quali? 1:23.517 there I said it.
I'm guessing 1:20.321. Hard to judge, would be awesome if they are a lot quicker than that time. Not long until FP1 when we will get a better idea. Hoping Lewis gets pole and wins the race and it is closer than last year between the top three teams. Hopefully Honda get their PU together for this race, by the sounds of it they got the least powerful one still but as long as it's not too much slower and works then McLaren should at least beat Sauber. I think fourth in the constructors is looking like their best hope the way things are now.

Do we think the RB13 will get a bull with a tail ;)

interview with our Max,
The clean design of the RB13 was a much-talked topic at the tests - but it was suggested that this would massively change for Melbourne. Are there changes in store? Will we see a different car on Friday?
“It will look a little bit different. A little bit. But not just in a single aspect - everywhere. That's what you do if you want to drive the whole car concept forward. But it is still the best looking car on the grid! And in fact you change to suit the demands: of the track, of the conditions – on wind or no wind. So we do have a 'Melbourne spec' here, if you want to see it that way.”

source: http://www.verstappen.nl/en/article/2829/

Back