2017 Formula 1 Rolex British Grand PrixFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 338 comments
Well...um..ok... Congrats to Hamilton for his 4th consecutive British GP, & Kimi for his very surprising 3rd place.

Also, does anyone know why Verstappen was called in last minute?

Because of what happened to Sebastian. He had 29 seconds on Hulk, and they wanted to be safe.

Well...um..ok... Congrats to Hamilton for his 4th consecutive British GP, & Kimi for his very surprising 3rd place.

To avoid what happened to Vettel, apparently.

EDIT: Tree'd

Tyres as they didn't want to have what happened to the Ferarris

Bringing him in was a bad call no doubt, if he had just backed off a little he could have lasted till the end.

They were worried that he could've suffered the same fate as Seb and Kimi.

Oh goodness, did anyone notice Billy's legs? I know what happened to him, but seeing the damage really confirms how bad it was. I feel incredibly bad for him. :(

On a positive note, I congratulate Lewis on a fantastic Grand Prix win, and Kimi also deserves some praise! Really unlucky what happened to him though.

I wish the stewards would do something about cars constantly going off track at the exit of luffield
It's something they all do in the race, so no problem. You forget, that It's a issue all the drivers very well have agreed too, in the drivers meeting, they do this on every track. It's a case we don't have in racing games, we should have:cheers:, cheers.

Great race at Silverstone, great win by Hamilton, and strong performance by Bottas. Feel with Vettel, and his front left tire failure. Great strong performance by Magnussen, and the great battle he had with the two Force India's. Also I feel with Sainz, when he was unnecessary hit by Kvyat, Kvyat should be banned, you can't drive like that. Congratulations UK, for an absolutely stunning race:cheers:, cheers, In Heineken, no In Carlsberg:D:tup:

Edit: Congratulations to Verstappen for finish a race for a very long time:tup:.
Billy Monger is a big inspiration, and a strong kid, really emotional with Hamilton cheering with Monger, great moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whether or not it's a good it depends on whether you like the end result or not. I believe at Silverstone the cars had more of a say than a driver making the difference. Gutted for Seb, the worst luck you can get in a race with the brakes, being held behind a slow car and the puncture, but better luck next time.

HamiltonFans.png

I can't wait for Lewis Hamilton to retire. By then we'll have a whole new breed of cars and crop of drivers. I can't knock him for this as it's his own way of celebrating but I hate it and will be happy when it's gone. Formula 1 drivers should have at least a modicum of self-awareness at the level they're competing at and act accordingly. I'm not saying be a Finn and don't act like anything, but crowd surfing is just something that doesn't fit in with the rest of the sport. It's funny how he goes so out of his way to do things like this when he's doing well but when he's doing bad he has enough decency to hold it together. I know I'm ranting and probably sound like a jerk but that's how I feel.

I can't wait for Lewis Hamilton to retire. By then we'll have a whole new breed of cars and crop of drivers. I can't knock him for this as it's his own way of celebrating but I hate it and will be happy when it's gone. Formula 1 drivers should have at least a modicum of self-awareness at the level they're competing at and act accordingly. I'm not saying be a Finn and don't act like anything, but crowd surfing is just something that doesn't fit in with the rest of the sport. It's funny how he goes so out of his way to do things like this when he's doing well but when he's doing bad he has enough decency to hold it together. I know I'm ranting and probably sound like a jerk but that's how I feel.
You do sound like a jerk.

It's utterly perplexing how some people let one person get to them so much that they lose all sense of things.

Oh well. I just don't like the way he celebrates. It almost feels like an insult to the prestige of the sport, but to each their own.

Like when he was on the podium and when the interview is being done with Kimi he's taking out his phone and setting up some live stream crap. I would expect this stuff from the much younger guys if they get a podium but Lewis has been around for awhile now. You could say he's adapting with the times but in my mind there's just no need to. Simply put, get on with the racing.

Oh well. I just don't like the way he celebrates. It almost feels like an insult to the prestige of the sport, but to each their own.

Like when he was on the podium and when the interview is being done with Kimi he's taking out his phone and setting up some live stream crap. I would expect this stuff from the much younger guys if they get a podium but Lewis has been around for awhile now. You could say he's adapting with the times but in my mind there's just no need to. Simply put, get on with the racing.
Whats your opinion of Dan getting people to drink champagne from his shoe on the podium. Does that denigrate the prestige of the sport?

Back