2017 General WEC/ELMS/AsLMS Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,611 comments
Interesting article and a Thing I (and I bet a lot of other people) would welcome. I just can´t sympathize with those generic looking robo-cars in LMP1 and LMP2. They just look the same. I wonder if and how the Results of the WEC Survey will affect the developments of that idea.

Interesting article and a Thing I (and I bet a lot of other people) would welcome. I just can´t sympathize with those generic looking robo-cars in LMP1 and LMP2. They just look the same. I wonder if and how the Results of the WEC Survey will affect the developments of that idea.

I have to hope for a return to '90's GT1 thinking. Excluding the Toyota and Bentley, those cars were exciting to look at. I love the other two but they were Prototypes through and through.

I have to hope for a return to '90's GT1 thinking. Excluding the Toyota and Bentley, those cars were exciting to look at. I love the other two but they were Prototypes through and through.

I talked about it on another thread here. I wish for this thinking as well....yes the GT-One took it nearly to Group C Standards...bonkers that this car had a road legal Version! But I love it. As much as I love the whole GT1 line-up. I mean racing Versions of nearly every supercar/sportscar maker on the planet no matter how small the Company...those were the days. Mclaren, for example, have pointed out their interest in Le Mans in the top LMP class under the following circumstances:

https://www.motorsport.com/lemans/news/mclaren-le-mans-return-lmp1-947003/

The WEC stakeholders could do so much with the new regulations package....bring back the last golden era of closed wheel Motorsport.

The manufacturers are seemingly pushing this, the ACO is going along with it. I hope they keep a prototype look and not something like Super GT. I think the Mercedes CLR was the best looker for the generation of cars. It had that low, wide stance and prototype look, but it was distinctly Mercedes

1999-mercedes-clr_06_sb.jpg

The last time someone took a swing at a car that was a good resemblance of the brand was the Nissan GTR LMP1. Too bad it was canned and had too little support.

Well the Bentley came at the "GTP" era so it doesn't truly count as a "GT1", as it didn't require a road car counterpart.

If
The manufacturers are seemingly pushing this, the ACO is going along with it. I hope they keep a prototype look and not something like Super GT. I think the Mercedes CLR was the best looker for the generation of cars. It had that low, wide stance and prototype look, but it was distinctly Mercedes

1999-mercedes-clr_06_sb.jpg

The last time someone took a swing at a car that was a good resemblance of the brand was the Nissan GTR LMP1. Too bad it was canned and had too little support.
the sauber C9 and the clk gtr LM had a baby. That was it. What a shame it did have this fate. There is an onboard lap video of christophe bouchut in the early hours of the race and its just so f“@&€*^ fast. Perfection, as long as it lasted.

LMP2 went right down to the wire with Rebellion claiming the championship. Bruno Senna did a remarkable job in the last 45 minutes or so driving that car after the power steering went out.

Toyota commits to the entire 2018/2019 Super Season. See here.

Whenever a WEC season ends it feels like the end of The Truman Show. What else is on...

Imagine being a person who is slowly seeing all his favorite series end their seasons.

I believe "Withdrawal" is the word :lol:

But now is the time to go back and watch races from the series that I couldn't get around to live like VLN, 24 Hours Series, Super GT, Continental Tire in IMSA, etc. 24 Hours of Dubai is January 11th but I've got plenty to keep my racing fixation satisfied until then.

Anyone knows where I can find the 6 hours of spa of 2015?

edit: Found it, If anybody is looking for it, ask me in private. I dont want to post it here so it can be turned down easily.

Last edited:
Back