2017 IMSA WeatherTech SCC - Round 4: COTA

There's barely anyone watching the race there. Is it normal for events like this?
It's the first time IMSA has raced here on this date since they were paired with the WEC. The lack of crowd is not a good sign for this race in the future though.

It's the first time IMSA has raced here on this date since they were paired with the WEC. The lack of crowd is not a good sign for this race in the future though.
Why did they change the date? Wasn't it better when combined with WEC? Maybe move it even later and combine with F1?

Difficult to imagine the WEC race getting much attendance if previous races are anything to go by.

I'm also watching the 24 hour series from Paul Ricard.

I don't know the Paul Ricard circuit so it's hard to tell what's a good battle or just an easy pass due to the track lines. There's also Blancpain at Brands Hatch but I think it's just qualifying today.

Why did they change the date? Wasn't it better when combined with WEC? Maybe move it even later and combine with F1?
Too much hassle to work with the WEC. The teams had to work from their haulers instead of having garages to use, the pit lane needed a mid afternoon overhaul to remove the concrete K rails, and it was too damn hot.

Since the race is now being aired on FS1 and I already know the results (missed the race), should I watch the race now that it's on FS1 or go find something else to watch?

LMP1 teams spend thousands of $$ developing a timer/fuel rate gauge for their fuel nozzle, IMSA teams use a broom handle they bought at Home Depot for $10.:P
Not just IMSA. Seen it used with the Coyne team at least for IndyCar.

Since the race is now being aired on FS1 and I already know the results (missed the race), should I watch the race now that it's on FS1 or go find something else to watch?
Watch it, I made sure not to see any spoilers, but even if you know results watching and enjoying the racing is the most important IMO.

Edit - unless Ford finishes 1-2.

Last edited:
Back