2018 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 120 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The should-be-renamed-Emirati Grand Prix rolls into town to close off the season for the 5th year in a row, as once again both titles are decided.
However, that doesn't mean there isn't still stuff to decide.
3rd place in the drivers championship is a battle between three drivers, best of the rest 7th place is contested, as is the battle for 4th in the constructors title.

Will we get an interesting race in Abu Dhabi? Will Bottas finally win a race this season? Will Hulkenberg get a podium? Will Ricciardo finish on the podium for only the third time this season?

And also, what will happen to Fernando Alonso in his final Grand Prix?

All will be found out in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
image.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
5.554km

Race Distance
305.355 km

Lap Record
1:40.279 Sebastian Vettel (2009)​

The should-be-renamed-Emirati Grand Prix rolls into town to close off the season for the 5th year in a row, as once again both titles are decided.
The cynic in me thinks FOM were planning on adding a Dubai GP when they coined the Abu Dhabi GP.

Anyway, Red Bull are looking quick, maybe they could spice up this race.

The outer curb at turn 20 looks like it's starting to break up or either it's just the paint peeling off of it. I haven't watched P2 yet to see if it got any worse.

Happy race weekend! Curious if we will witness a great final race of the season? Anything special on the horizon?
BTW nice press room for Alonso.

Congratulations to Sebastian Vettel, today he won the record of youngest polesitter in F1 history

What meme did I miss? :D

Today was the last qualifying session at which Verstappen could've taken the record for the youngest pole sitter in F1 history from Vettel. By the time we get to Australia next season, Max will be older than Sebastien was when Seb took pole at Monza in 2008 and claimed the record.

Roo
Today was the last qualifying session at which Verstappen could've taken the record for the youngest pole sitter in F1 history from Vettel. By the time we get to Australia next season, Max will be older than Sebastien was when Seb took pole at Monza in 2008 and claimed the record.

Ah ok. :cheers: The way it was written sounds weird. Vettel won that title a long time ago.

New drivers will come who will have the chance to get a podium and Vettel won't "win" the title every time they pass the age Vettel had when he got it.

Verstappen failed to get the title of youngest polesitter in F1 history would be more accurate.

This is about to become to the first season in F1 history to have all the same drivers from start to finish!

I'm waiting for a race that doesn't involve Coulthard mentioning the extra 100kgs of fuel. Somehow he got it in there with that crash.

Latest Posts

Back