2018 Fantasy F1Formula 1 

• Thread starter JamCar0ne
  • 25 comments

JamCar0ne

Premium
United States
Illinois
JamCar0ne
I offered this last year and am doing so again this year.

For the past several years, I have been playing a formula one fantasy league that I believe is the best there is (and I have played many of them). This is not another one of those simply guess the podium finish type leagues, instead it is a team management league. You start with a set budget and throughout the season, work to build your budget and teams for more points. It is known as Pure Fantasy Race League (PFRL) and I have created a created a league just for GTplanet users. I think it will be a lot of fun for this community and I hope you will join me.

Yeah, yeah... I know, you think F1 is boring and all that. But playing this league will make you want to know how the back markers are doing and where they finish.

Instructions:

1. Go to www.pfrl.net/En/, and register. To avoid confusion, it may be best to use your GTPlanet user name as your login name at PFRL. I've been playing for years so my handle is different (Hubcap00). You'll be able to name your teams almost anything, just avoid anything offensive.

2. Create your teams. You can create other teams for other leagues to try different strategies.

3. After creating your teams, choose the team you wish to join the league with. On the far right you'll see a button, 'Join a league', click it.

4. Select 'Private Leagues', then from the pull down menu choose 'Planet of GT'. Enter the password ( planet ) and click the blue 'join the league' button.

5. You're in! Be sure to read the league rules and keep up on current events in Formula 1 as the season progresses. You will be able to make changes without penalty until the first race, so your team doesn't have to be "set in stone" should you change your mind prior to qualifying. After each race, your teams will either increase or decrease in value depending upon many things, but ususaly they increase. This allows you to slowly improve your teams throughout the season.

NOTE: If you are new, the game will automatically select amature as the playing difficulty. Embrace all it has to offer (amature did not exist when I started and I suffered). Even though I do play at the Expert level which has an option for ERS, I will not engage the ERS option for this series to make it fair.

This fantasy league is completely free and there are no prizes other than bragging rights.

After you've entered the league, please post your team names in this thread.

Recap:
League type: Private
League name: Planet of GT
Password: planet

Best wishes to all this season!

Code:
Bragging Rights: .... Pole ........... Fastest Lap ............ Winner

Australia ........... Kowhai ......... Digitdan7 .............. Bleirohr 4
Bahrain ............. Tecticles ...... Nail-27 ................ Bleirohr 5
China ............... Mully 465 ...... Hubcap00 ............... Mully 465
Azerbaijan .......... LongbowX ....... RockerII ............... Frihin
Spain ............... Gutlos ......... Apenrader .............. Gutlos
Monaco .............. Tecs ........... LongBowX ............... Hubcap00
Canada .............. Gutlos ......... Bleirohr ............... Hubcap00
France .............. Frihin ......... LongbowX ............... Frihin
Austria ............. Gutlos ......... Frihin ................. Jagdschein
England ............. Frihin ......... Jagdschein ............. Hubcap00
Germany ............. Bleirohr ....... Frihin ................. TEX-36
Hungry .............. Hubcap00 ....... Jagdschein ............. Hubcap00
Belgium ............. Jagdschein ..... Apenrader .............. Gutlos
Italy ............... Gutlos1 ........ Jagdschein ............. LongbowX
Singapore ........... Gutlos ......... Jagdschein ............. Bleirohr 
Russia .............. Aerolite ....... Gutlos ................. Aerolite
Japan ............... LongbowX ....... Jagdschein ............. LongbowX
USA ................. Gutlos ......... LongbowX ............... Bleirohr
Mexico .............. Hubcap00 ....... Bleirohr ............... Bleirohr
Brazil .............. Hubcap00 ....... Jagdschein ............. Hubcap00
Abu Dhabi ........... Gutlos ......... Jagdschein ............. Bleirohr

Code:
Final points of 2018 season:
Pos...... Team ................ Owner ........ Points
1..... SlipperyStevens ........ Hubcap00 ...... 244
2..... Bleirohr 4 ............. Bleirohr ...... 213
3..... Gutlos1 ................ Gutlos ........ 212
4..... Bleirohr 5 ............. Bleirohr ...... 181
5..... Jagdschein1 ............ Jagdschein .... 169
6..... Wyvern 5 ............... LongbowX ...... 153
7..... Frihin 4* .............. Frihin ........ 153
8..... Gutlos2 ................ Gutlos ........ 133
9..... Bearhawk ............... Aerolite ...... 130
10.... Warhorse Racing ........ mully465 ...... 129
11.... Jagdschein2 ............ Jagdschein .... 79
12.... American Racing ........ TEX-36 ........ 68
13.... Tecs ................... Tecticles ..... 63
14.... Apenrader5 ............. Apenrader ..... 48
15.... Phantum Phyler Int ..... Nail-27 ....... 41
26.... Epsilon Euskadi ........ Digitdan7 ..... 35
17.... Kowhai Racing .......... Kowhai ........ 33
18.... Frihin 3* .............. Frihin......... 17
19.... Team R1 ................ RockerII ...... 16
20.... American Racing 2 ...... TEX-36 ........ 4

Code:
    Team  ................   Owner

Bearhawk .............. Aerolite
    Epsilon Euskadi ....... Digitdan7
    SlipperyStevens ....... Hubcap00  (JamCar0ne)
    Kowhai Racing ......... Kowhai
    Wyvern 5 .............. LongbowX
    Warhorse Racing ....... mully465
    Phantum Phyler Int .... Nail-27  (GTP_Nail)
    Team R1 ............... RockerII
    Tecs .................. Tecticles
    American Racing ....... TEX-36
    American Racing 2 ..... TEX-36
    *Apenrader5 ........... Apenrader
    *Bleirohr 4 ........... Bleirohr
    *Bleirohr 5 ........... Bleirohr
    *Frihin 3 ............. Frihin
    *Frihin 4 ............. Frihin
    *Gutlos1 .............. Gutlos
    *Gutlos2 .............. Gutlos
    *Jagdschein1 .......... Jagdschein
    *Jagdschein2 .......... Jagdschein

* Denotes guest team.

Last edited:
Still a few open spots so if you are interested in joining, do it soon.

Shortly before qualifying starts, the remaining open spots will be filled with random teams (players who haven't chosen a league yet) in order for the league to convert to a race series. A race series is a mini points series and makes the game a lot more fun.

I offered this last year and am doing so again this year.

For the past several years, I have been playing a formula one fantasy league that I believe is the best there is (and I have played many of them). This is not another one of those simply guess the podium finish type leagues, instead it is a team management league. You start with a set budget and throughout the season, work to build your budget and teams for more points. It is known as Pure Fantasy Race League (PFRL) and I have created a created a league just for GTplanet users. I think it will be a lot of fun for this community and I hope you will join me.

Yeah, yeah... I know, you think F1 is boring and all that. But playing this league will make you want to know how the back markers are doing and where they finish.

Instructions:

1. Go to www.pfrl.net/En/, and register. To avoid confusion, it may be best to use your GTPlanet user name as your login name at PFRL. I've been playing for years so my handle is different (Hubcap00). You'll be able to name your teams almost anything, just avoid anything offensive.

2. Create your teams. You can create other teams for other leagues to try different strategies.

3. After creating your teams, choose the team you wish to join the league with. On the far right you'll see a button, 'Join a league', click it.

4. Select 'Private Leagues', then from the pull down menu choose 'Planet of GT'. Enter the password ( planet ) and click the blue 'join the league' button.

5. You're in! Be sure to read the league rules and keep up on current events in Formula 1 as the season progresses. You will be able to make changes without penalty until the first race, so your team doesn't have to be "set in stone" should you change your mind prior to qualifying. After each race, your teams will either increase or decrease in value depending upon many things, but ususaly they increase. This allows you to slowly improve your teams throughout the season.

NOTE: If you are new, the game will automatically select amature as the playing difficulty. Embrace all it has to offer (amature did not exist when I started and I suffered). Even though I do play at the Expert level which has an option for ERS, I will not engage the ERS option for this series to make it fair.

This fantasy league is completely free and there are no prizes other than bragging rights.

After you've entered the league, please post your team names in this thread.

Recap:
League type: Private
League name: Planet of GT
Password: planet

Best wishes to all this season!

Created team 'Warhorse Racing' as mully465

Joined. Just one team though, Bearhawk. Member name is Aerolite.
Can't choose much close to the top though with the 80 points, guess that is all you get as an amateur, lol. What is "Mio" in the points value?

Jam,

What do I need to do? Super interested!

Follow the instructions in the first post.

Joined. Just one team though, Bearhawk. Member name is Aerolite.
Can't choose much close to the top though with the 80 points, guess that is all you get as an amateur, lol. What is "Mio" in the points value?

"Mio" is the currency you use to buy the components with. You start out with a budget of 80 Mio and as the season progresses, your team's budget will increase as component values change.

Also, be sure and create an additional team to compete in the Rookie League. You only get to be a rookie your first season.

I usually just play this against my family (and the rest of the teams I make for fun). I've been doing that for the last few years. I added a team to this league though, should be interesting.

Only a few more hours to get your picks in for the weekend. Good luck everyone.

Follow the instructions in the first post.

"Mio" is the currency you use to buy the components with. You start out with a budget of 80 Mio and as the season progresses, your team's budget will increase as component values change.

Also, be sure and create an additional team to compete in the Rookie League. You only get to be a rookie your first season.
Kinda figured Mio was just their currency name.
I did create another team for the rookie season, I saw that after.
Thanks for this, should be fun.

Forgot to post here, thanks for this Jamcar. As someone who has been a casual follower of f1, generally only watch Monaco every year as it makes for the greatest day in motorsports watching the 3 races, it seemed to me the track was quite slippery. Is sliding around that much, common in F1?

Mio is the abbreviation for millions in German. I believe the site is German run.

Last edited:
As much grip as an F1 car has they still slide around a fair bit, it does depend a lot on the track location and surface. Of course as soon as they get off line and hit curbs, marbles or whatever they will slide, especially if they keep their foot in it. if Bottas had done a small lift he likely would not have hit the wall in qualy.

I wish I had had more time to put a team together but better late then never. Having this fantasy league is kinda cool but I am a bit confused re the scoring. I read through the rules but for example, I have Alonso as driver #1 and he finished 5th, but I'm shown as scoring no points. Driver #2 is Grosjean who was classified 16th, but I don't believe they average the two do they?
Also I chose the qualy positions and fastest race lap but in my profile it said "missing" today?

I love F1, started watching it with my dad as a small child in the UK, early enough that Jim Clark was my hero, mostly because he was dad's as well. According to my math I think I have been watching F1 religiously for 52 years! Or reading about it in the earlier years when there was no tv coverage available!

Because the choices have now moved on to Bahrain is why it says missing.

Not sure about the points though, I believe whoever scored the highest gets champion points, and the top ten in points get championship points. Checking the standings for the league clicking on the leftmost tab that says overall will show how each team scored for the week, and delivered our standings for the season.

I wish I had had more time to put a team together but better late then never. Having this fantasy league is kinda cool but I am a bit confused re the scoring. I read through the rules but for example, I have Alonso as driver #1 and he finished 5th, but I'm shown as scoring no points. Driver #2 is Grosjean who was classified 16th, but I don't believe they average the two do they?
Also I chose the qualy positions and fastest race lap but in my profile it said "missing" today?

Relax, it's your first race as a rookie. It takes a little time to figure out how to find and use the information on the site. The top menu STATISTICS / COMPONENT POINTS shows the points components earn for each race and an average prediction of points for next race. The qualifying and fastest lap predictions are good for one race only and need to be reentered for each race. You are also able to change the components of your team each race.

Because the choices have now moved on to Bahrain is why it says missing.

Not sure about the points though, I believe whoever scored the highest gets champion points, and the top ten in points get championship points. Checking the standings for the league clicking on the leftmost tab that says overall will show how each team scored for the week, and delivered our standings for the season.

Exactly. Championship points are awarded based upon how your team scored among the other teams in our race series. So if you don't do well one race, you can try again next race.

The winner for round two (Bahrain) is Bleirohr which moves him up 2 places and into the lead. @Tecticles took 3rd moving him up five places and into fifth overall. Most improved team goes to @Mully465 who moves up 7 positions. @Tecticles also takes bragging rights for pole and @GTP_Nail cliches fastest lap time.

Nice scores In Shanghai @JamCar0ne @Mully465 thankfully those 2-3 guys they filled the league out with that are dominating aren't in GTPlanet to tell us what kind of noobs we are.

I put a link to this thread on the league's page in the event they wanted to introduce themselves.

Guys, I want to share this here with you!

fantasy.formula1.com

I created a league for us here at GTP.
Search for a private league and use this code:

bb8571

Signed up with team 'Comtrya'. It will be interesting to see how their game model works over time.

Race recaps for the last few races.

Round three (China) saw @Mully465 knock it out of the park with a pole and a win, moving him up seven positions and into 4th overall. This also gave him a top twenty race finish in the world championship, well done! Bleirohr continues to retain the overall lead.

Round Four (Azerbaijan) Frihin takes the win with Bleirohr nipping at his heels. @aerolite grabs fourth from Mully by two points.

Round Five (Spain) sees Gutlos take the win with 117 points which also moves him up into 20th in the world championship!

Round Six (Monaco) Hubcap00, @Tecticles and @Mully465 all make the podium allowing Mully465 to move up to second overall (6 pts behind Gutlos).

Tips:

When you first login, the first page you see is your 'home' screen. From here, you can click on a team name to view the team-details page. With more than one team, you might choose 'Team Overview' tab to view your teams side-by-side. The team page will be set for the next race (all component scores of zero). If you want to view how the team's components did in prior races, there is a drop down menu in the upper right of screen titled SELECT. Use this to view the team's performance for any prior race.

ENGINE - By now you may have noticed your engine component's score drops the older the engine gets. After seven races it becomes defective and requires changing. For those playing at the amature level, if you don't make a change, the server will do so for you when the pitlane closes prior to the next qualifying session. Higher levels of play will score minus points if not changed.

TIRES - The game requires you to use both compounds of tires (Prime/Option) at least five times throughout the season. Tires are linked to teams (a hold over from the Michelin/Bridgestone era) and usually the tire the winning car is associated with will score more. If you don't use both sets, the server will automatically switch tires for you near the end of the season. ex, run Options all season, the server will switch to Prime for last five races.

@aerolite, @TEX36, @LongbowX, @Digitdan7, @Kowhai, @RockerII, @GTP_Nail, @Mully465, @Tecticles

Latest Posts

Back