2018 FIFA World Cup Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,047 comments
Kyle Walker with another ridiculous ball into the air :ouch:

Come on England, one last push now.... bring on Vardy FFS!

French created both a football team and the world cup for the sole purpose to beat their best frenemy to their own game, and they always miss the rendez-vous.
Put that ****ing ball into the net!

French created both a football team and the world cup for the sole purpose to beat their best frenemy to their own game, and they always miss the rendez-vous.
Put that ****ing ball into the net!

Hey! I forgot about you Frenchie! I haven't been around for a while glad to see your're still around. Allez le blues!!

They easily could have got another 2 in in the first half.

Heartbreak. We may not see things fall into place (like the draw etc) for another generation.

Respect to the England players, Southgate and his staff, they have had an immense tournament where they have excided all expectations and can be proud of their efforts.

Respect and congrats to Croatia, how they can go three consecutive games with extra time and two of them with penalties and still go through is incredible. the better team won.

Croatia were the true lions of tonight, determination and grit alone won the game. It just goes to show how hard emotionally is to play in a WC play off, the young english team could not keep it's heart at it for the full 90. What a match this has been.

Congrats and on to a great game on Sunday. :cheers:

Yes but England should have been 3-0 up by half time.
Yep, they didn't make it count when they had the chance - but to be fair, Croatia played poorly in the 1st half but more than made up for it in the rest of the game - they looked much more threatening in the 2nd half.

Both teams were on their mettle and both were worthy semi-finalists - but unfortunately for us, Croatia just had that little bit more experience and guile that made all the difference.

I just hope the British media recognise what the England players have acheived - although some have been a bit disappointing (Sterling, Walker, Lingard, Young), there has also been some real passion and great performances (Kane, Maguire, Pickford, Trippier), but the team exceeded expectations - even though expectations always rise ridiculously fast.

Kudos to England although! Amazing play even with selfish players like Sterling, they managed to reach that far!! More kudos to Croatia for never giving up!!

Also, give deserving England players their Knighthood, your magesty!!

Could have built the gap in the first half, deserved to lose it overall, they just had more over 120 mins. Well played Croatia.

As little difference as it might've made, why on earth didn't they send Pickford up at the end, it was the last kick of the game...

Respect to the England players, Southgate and his staff, they have had an immense tournament where they have excided all expectations and can be proud of their efforts.
Absolutely. I'd be amazed if those dreadful tabloids see it the same way though. They'll be like "Croatia 2 - 1 Dreadful Donkeys."

Back