2018 Grand Prix de MonacoFormula 1 

I'm not sure about Paul Ricard giving us good racing to be honest
We'll see. It has some good long straights, and the chicane on the back straight will be better than the full Mistral for racing (controversial I know, but it will be)

We'll see. It has some good long straights, and the chicane on the back straight will be better than the full Mistral for racing (controversial I know, but it will be)
A chicane is good for racing! I truly have heard everything now.

Nah, the races there are awful. The chicanes provide space for an overtake. Without them nobody would pass anyone as Lesmo and Parabolica are way too fast to pass into.

"Chicane" is not a by-word for "terrible".
eh? and I didn't say it was

I love how we've had the same dry Monaco GP we've had since time immemorial, yet this is the impetus for people complaining about overtaking? Melbourne and Spain sucked for overtaking this season, as they always have. Nothing has changed, and when we've had circuit you can overtake at, the racing has been some of the best we've seen for a long time (Bahrain, China, Baku).
View attachment 739893
I can guarantee we'll have this same discussion after: Austria, Hungary, Monza, Singapore, Sochi, Suzuka, Mexico, Brazil and Abu Dhabi (Unless any of them are wet), other circuits where passing has historically been tough.

Contrary to popular belief, DRS is a good thing for F1. It's visible and well defined, unlike other things like Push to Pass and Fanboost, as everyone can see when it's used without the need for other graphics. We see cars sat using DRS behind another car a lot without them being able to pass, so it's obviously not too powerful. Yes, like Formula E's car swaps, the organisers are trying to remove a necessary evil, but see that word - necessary. It'll go away when it's not required, but at the moment it allows us to have the fastest cars ever while still allowing them to race and pass when they're quicker. No, DRS isn't the problem, it's the endless engine modes, but I can't be bothered to go through why right now.

Montreal and Paul Ricard are next. We should see some good racing at both, so hold off the complaining. Remember that this is one of the closest seasons we've seen in ages. 6 races in and 3 drivers from 3 teams have won 2 races each, and the midfield is a lottery each race to who will have pace. This is a vintage season already, and to have great races, you need dire races to compare them to.

One notable thing about your graph:

upload_2018-6-1_11-26-24.png

It debunks the refueling argument.

The awful 90's.

There was a reason I preferred CART over F1 back in those days.

Ricciardo's failing MGU-K couldn't be saved and he is now forced to use a new one, resulting in a 10 place grid penalty for the Canadian GP.

With how much Verstappen made up coming from the back and in Monaco of all places I think he'll be okay starting in 10th-16th

Latest Posts

Back