2018 Moto GP/WSBK/BSB etc thread

Not a rule but what I’m saying is to get that many in one race you need to be parked because as a world championship rider you shouldn’t be breaking that may rules going against officials and others
You just can’t be have like that

I don’t know if they still use the penalty points system which famously put Rossi at the back of the grid but I’d like t see how many points Marquez could rack up

I think the 30 second penalty was for continuous irresponsible riding but that's just my opinion. It seemed extremely harsh compared to the other penalties dished out across the weekend, albeit justified for that specific move.

Those penalty points were sacked off after 2015, probably because Rossi was one more infringement away from starting from pit lane. :lol:

But surely he has to expect the rider in front to come across since it's a double apex corner. It looked like he bit off a bit more than he could chew and unfortunately Rossi went down, Aleix was a bit more lucky.
Of course he has to expect that, what I was saying is that it wasn’t a case of him braking 10 meters later than the lap before, it was just a difference between his and other riders’ braking points, which obviously doesn’t make it right. It’s just what happens when you have a rider who is 0,5sec in front in, I think, 3 of 4 FPs, and you have him chasing the pack in mixed conditions, in which he is easily the fastest rider on the grid. Which again, it doesn’t make it right.

BTW I never quite understood why would you put somebody on the back of grid for aggressive riding, it surely means that there’s more to come, no?

OTOH I feel like Marc is about to dominate this season, considering his pace and the fact that he learns from mistakes

Also, I really don’t like Rossi talking about being scared of riding with Marc, about Marc destroying the sport, because I feel he’s using his importance to get Marc a race or 2 race ban, as he knows it’s his only chance for the title

Planning on attending the Portugese round of WSB this summer.... anyone else been to the track before? Ticket info seems pretty vague, even when emailing the circuit directly.

Pleased to say that I'll be making my debut as the Lead Commentator for WorldSBK this weekend at Aragon. Covering all Free Practice sessions for Superbikes and Supersport FP2 on Friday, then Supersport 300 Superpole on Saturday afternoon.

It was a great race ruined by this one jackass who thought he was too cool to play nice. I don't really have much nice words to describe Marquez with anymore - what an absolute classless scum continuing Simoncelli's legacy of endangering everyone around him. I almost feel like no longer watching the premier class races as long as this clown is present.

It was a great race ruined by this one jackass who thought he was too cool to play nice. I don't really have much nice words to describe Marquez with anymore - what an absolute classless scum continuing Simoncelli's legacy of endangering everyone around him. I almost feel like no longer watching the premier class races as long as this clown is present.
Ok, we get it, you don't like Marc, but don't act like he is some hooligan who doesn't give a crap about other riders, yes he was impatient, but he didn't punt anybody on purpose. Also there are guys on the grid that have done worse.

And if you don't want to watch the sport because of a clown, who is one of the best, if not the best rider in history, then you are better off not watching it, cause you will suffer over next few years.

BTW it's the first time Marc caused somebody to DNF in premier class (second if you count Pedrosa's TC cable in 2013, his rookie year)

Tom
Pleased to say that I'll be making my debut as the Lead Commentator for WorldSBK this weekend at Aragon. Covering all Free Practice sessions for Superbikes and Supersport FP2 on Friday, then Supersport 300 Superpole on Saturday afternoon.
Serious?? We’ve got a celebrity in the house?? Too cool. Best of luck on your debut, I’ll be tuning in for sure :)

adb
Ok, we get it, you don't like Marc, but don't act like he is some hooligan who doesn't give a crap about other riders, yes he was impatient, but he didn't punt anybody on purpose. Also there are guys on the grid that have done worse.

And if you don't want to watch the sport because of a clown, who is one of the best, if not the best rider in history, then you are better off not watching it, cause you will suffer over next few years.

BTW it's the first time Marc caused somebody to DNF in premier class (second if you count Pedrosa's TC cable in 2013, his rookie year)
So it needs to be a bunch of purposeful shunts now for my call-outs to be valid? He should've learned that kind of carelessness won't fly the first time, not taken it up to eleven as the race went on, treating the inside of that corner as some personal play space that others need to be moved out of. He'll need some serious discipline applied soon because it's like he can't control himself when he sees a gap that's closing real fast.

For the record, I'll be doing just fine... no assholes like that stinking up the otherwise good show in BTCC or IndyCar.

Also, why did no one correct Miller's starting spot?

Last edited:
So it needs to be a bunch of purposeful shunts now for my call-outs to be valid?
No, but his actions are quite far from being:
absolute classless scum continuing Simoncelli's legacy of endangering everyone around him
Also, why did no one correct Miller's starting spot?
After Sachsenring 2014 they introduced a rule saying that, if you change a bike after sighting lap, you go to back of grid, 23 of 24 riders did so, hence the grid

This compilation would suggest otherwise. I was already appalled before seeing all of these, but several clips later I'm convinced that he really has a school bully's attitude to racing. He even shoved rookies around like it was nothing. Zero class.

Might be one of the most pathetic racing performances I've witnessed, and this comes from someone who's seen Brian Vickers cause 5 cautions in one race or Tora Takagi taking 3 different drivers out in 3 different crashes in the same corner each time.

Now not every individual incident was completely outrageous, but the fact those kept happening all throughout the race is the terrifying part, as opposed to Zarco doing one stupid thing and leaving it at that.

Last edited:
This compilation would suggest otherwise. I was already appalled before seeing all of these, but several clips later I'm convinced that he really has a school bully's attitude to racing. He even shoved rookies around like it was nothing. Zero class.

Might be one of the most pathetic racing performances I've witnessed, and this comes from someone who's seen Brian Vickers cause 5 cautions in one race or Tora Takagi taking 3 different drivers out in 3 different crashes in the same corner each time.

Now not every individual incident was completely outrageous, but the fact those kept happening all throughout the race is the terrifying part, as opposed to Zarco doing one stupid thing and leaving it at that.
Which ones of these are so bad? (apart from Aleix/Rossi ones which were discussed before) Rabat had a moment while both of them were leaned over, is Marquez supposed to have some sort of sixth sense? Nakagami one, you can't see what happened here, bike movement doesn't look like contact.

adb
Of course he has to expect that, what I was saying is that it wasn’t a case of him braking 10 meters later than the lap before, it was just a difference between his and other riders’ braking points, which obviously doesn’t make it right. It’s just what happens when you have a rider who is 0,5sec in front in, I think, 3 of 4 FPs, and you have him chasing the pack in mixed conditions, in which he is easily the fastest rider on the grid. Which again, it doesn’t make it right.
A rider needs to adjust to the fact there is another rider in front, especially when overtaking. I don't think any of Marquez' moves were outrageous, just careless. The sport is dangerous enough so that sort of behaviour needs to be discouraged.

A rider needs to adjust to the fact there is another rider in front, especially when overtaking. I don't think any of Marquez' moves were outrageous, just careless. The sport is dangerous enough so that sort of behaviour needs to be discouraged.
Of course a rider needs to adjust, that’s why I said before that he deserved a penalty, I was just stating a difference between brain fades (or purposeful) and braking later than you usually would, as compared to failure in adapting your braking when you are much faster, which was what Márquez did. Also I wouldn’t say he was careless, he was impatient and didn’t expect some very fast riders to brake so early, which is his fault.

Has Aron Canet taken racing lessons from Marquez? :dopey:

Maybe, maybe not, but his style suggests he certainly idolizes him more than anyone else.

Kenan Sofuoglu will race this weekend at Imola but he will retire afterwards. I was never his biggest fan but he always provided entertainment and I'll be sad to see him go.

Has Aron Canet taken racing lessons from Marquez? :dopey:

Maybe, maybe not, but his style suggests he certainly idolizes him more than anyone else.

Some good action during the UK round of WSBK at Donnington Park this weekend, with Tom Sykes claiming a record number of pole positions and Dutchman van der Mark claiming his first ever win(s) on the world stage.

I managed to attend the circuit on Sunday and I have to say it's incredible watching these guys wrestle 200+BHP motorcycles from left to right in quick succession, all while within 5ft of one another. The amounts of talent these guys have is unreal.

What on earth happened to Ducati??
For some reason they never seem to get a decent weekend at Donnington, probably doesn't suit the bikes engine layout? :confused:
Chaz Davies did well in race 2 to be fair, he ended up in 12th by the end of lap 1 and brought it home in 4th place, not bad considering the state of the rest of the weekend.
I think it's safe to say Kawasaki and Rea are going to win once again this year bar a disaster.

For some reason they never seem to get a decent weekend at Donnington, probably doesn't suit the bikes engine layout? :confused:
Chaz Davies did well in race 2 to be fair, he ended up in 12th by the end of lap 1 and brought it home in 4th place, not bad considering the state of the rest of the weekend.
I think it's safe to say Kawasaki and Rea are going to win once again this year bar a disaster.
They had it bad at Imola as well where Chaz has ruled the past few years. I know the organisers can alter the revs after each 3 rounds and the Ducati had the most podiums in the first 3 (11 out of 18) but only 3 in the next 3 rounds. Maybe it was adjusted but seems to have hindered them a bit too much, can be changed again now before Brno. I'm obviously just speculating but it's been a drastic turnaround.

Terrible Isle of Man news, Dan Kneen was killed in superbike qualifying last night. Also Steve Mercer has been seriously injured in a collision with a course car. How on Earth that happens is beyond me.

It might also be his last. Rumour has it that he's got factory MotoGP offers on the table.

If he takes one of those it would be a phenomenal move for both series. MotoGP gets one of the best riders in the world and WSBK becomes competitive again.
I hope he has a shot in MotoGP, and it would be interesting to see which team he signs for if he does make a move.

He's on another level compared to the other WSBK guys and has been for a while now, I thinks it's ultimately up to whether he wants to risk more WSBK success for potentially being a No2 rider at a factory team.

Turn 1, Mugello. Probably the worst place on the calender to have a crash as these guys are doing in excess of 200mph heading into that corner.

I'm glad he's come out of that accident with just a dislocated shoulder, I feared the worst when the medical team put up a white sheet covering the scene.

Rossi has just set a new lap record at his home circuit, I'm well pleased for him :eek:.
I would love to see him finish in first place tomorrow, I think he's going to have trouble holding off Marquez and Ianone though.

Wow Lorenzo, people quickly forget just what he can do on a bike that is to his liking, never been a fan but his Ducati spell so far made me miss him, great to see him back, also the only top Duc not to struggle with fuel.
Shame about Márquez crashing, not sure if he had anything for Jorge though, still almost a race win lead in championship

adb
Wow Lorenzo, people quickly forget just what he can do on a bike that is to his liking

The same can be said for most of the GP grid really, but the key to being the best in the championship is making the most of a weekend when the bike isnt perfect. Happy for Lorenzo nonetheless, hopefully that result gives him a much needed boost of confidence.

Shame about Márquez crashing, not sure if he had anything for Jorge though, still almost a race win lead in championship

Agreed, I had to laugh at him for holding onto the bike the whole way through the crash though :lol:. Like you say, I doubt he would've kept up with the leading pack after seeing the front end of the Honda wash out during the first few laps.

Hopefully Dovisioso can begin to close the gap in on Marquez from here on for the sake of the championship 👍

Back