2018 Super GT SeriesSports Cars 

• Thread starter blinky77
  • 174 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
A day late, but see above.:D:sly:

Was worried that the Supercars and Super GT races would clash. Good thing that channel 10 aren't covering the Supercars this weekend, otherwise it wouldn't finish till near on 5pm.

Was worried that the Supercars and Super GT races would clash. Good thing that channel 10 aren't covering the Supercars this weekend, otherwise it wouldn't finish till near on 5pm.
Yerah, I've also got European GT4 to look forward to this weekend. Awesome couple of days.

Stream should be about to start. Of course the countdown timer would be completely borked for this race since I said something(not for the first time).

The announcers are really earning their paychecks... They haven't gone a minute without talking about something Nissan related. :lol:

Woke up in time for the most important bits; the last 7 laps, and the podium ceremony. Evidently I missed most of a good race, though.

Woke up in time for the most important bits; the last 7 laps, and the podium ceremony. Evidently I missed most of a good race, though.
If you get time, enjoy the replay. Fun stuff.

Why were the announcers so sure that the 23 GTR would have had an easy race without the penalty?
Tires? Because all the other GTRs were quite a bit off the pace.

So the May 3-4: Fuji GT 500km Race should be around the same time in europe? And with a little luck also on Youtube..?

First full Super GT race I've watched. Quality racing, epsecially the battles in GT300. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

May 3-4 is Thursday & Friday. Is this date a holiday in Japan and why they aren't running on the weekend?

I wasn't able to watch the race live yesterday because I was at a footy game, so I had to watch it when I came home. I watched the full race whilst eating pizza, and it was great fun to watch. Much more action than Formula 1, with a large variety of cars competing and battling for position. From GT3 cars to mother chassis cars to Priuses to the GT500's at the front of the field. You cannot get that in any other series. I want more!

May 3-4 is Thursday & Friday. Is this date a holiday in Japan and why they aren't running on the weekend?
It is indeed a holiday, Golden Week to be specific. Bit like how a couple of our national series run stuff on Easter Monday.

As mentioned, it’s a holiday for them. They used to run this race in a wednesday, Thur/Fri is a new change as far as I’m aware.

Also the official super GT youtube channel has uploaded a bunch of full race replays from individual onboard cameras from the last round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back