2018 Super GT SeriesSports Cars 

• Thread starter blinky77
  • 174 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought NismoTV covers that as well.
I only see the races on their channel. The Blancpain race had live qualifying coverage, but I don't see anything for Super GT.

Just had a look. I only see "Qualifying Highlights" at Fuji from NismoTV

Retarded youtube. I go straight to the channels' video lists every time. I didn't know that new uploads can show up on the front page that aren't yet listed under "videos."

Thought the race wasn't going to start for another hour. Good thing I caught this post. 👍

Looks like the Lexus LC500 is still the car to beat. Honda only scored the win in the first race because of their strategy and the GTRs are off the pace as well. Well, except for the Motul GTR. These Michelin tires must be really good(or the drivers).

Looks like the Lexus LC500 is still the car to beat. Honda only scored the win in the first race because of their strategy and the GTRs are off the pace as well. Well, except for the Motul GTR. These Michelin tires must be really good(or the drivers).
The Honda winner of round one won on pace from the front mate. Nothing to do with anything else at all. Lexus were strong at Fuji because Toyota own it. They test there.

The Honda winner of round one won on pace from the front mate. Nothing to do with anything else at all. Lexus were strong at Fuji because Toyota own it. They test there.

You are right. I’m sorry. The way I remembered it was that both NSX got in front by not changing tires, but that was only the Raybrig.

Last edited:
Turning on auto-generated closed captions for the NISMO TV stream is hilarious.

upload_2018-5-20_18-51-46.png

Go Benson and Cassidy 👍

If there's a GT300 Toyota 86 with ~500hp how come we can't get a GT3 version in other race series around the world?

If there's a GT300 Toyota 86 with ~500hp how come we can't get a GT3 version in other race series around the world?
The GT300 86 is a carbon monocoque Movva Chassis, with an NA V8 (Nismo block I believe?).

The BRZ in GT300 is a modified BRZ road car, but it uses a derivation of the EJ20 block last seen in the WRX STi World Rally Car.

So the 86 is no where near being close to GT3 regs, as it has nothing to do with a road car. The BRZ would be closer to GT3 regs...but... in JAF, the BRZ has open aero development, and uses a custom tire. If you were to restrict the aero, put it on a spec tire, and forced it to use an engine closer to what the road car uses, it would be much much slower than a standard GT3 car.

Also...I don’t know... an 86 feels kind of out of place on a GT3 grid to me. I love it in GT300, but to me, it’s a bit like if Mazda made a GT3 MX5. GT3 is Grand Touring, and I don’t see an 86 as a Grand Tourer. I do like seeing Toyota/Lexus on GT3 grids, and I think the current RCF is a good fit.

I think when the new Supra comes out, that’ll be the platform Toyota uses for a GT3 program, which would be great to see.

That Grand Tourer is such a blurred line now. I don't see midship cars as GT cars. I see them as Sports Cars(the way racing name them anyway), but here we are.

I can respect Sam Collins, but jesus... when he says JAFFFF GT-free-hundred Muva-Chassis... I want to chew my phone battery.
This entire time I thought they were called "mother" chassis because of him.

This entire time I thought they were called "mother" chassis because of him.

They are :D I just don't like the way he pronounces the 'th' sound as a 'v' or 'fr' sometimes. It's an enjoyable commentary team combo, except for that.

That Grand Tourer is such a blurred line now. I don't see midship cars as GT cars. I see them as Sports Cars(the way racing name them anyway), but here we are.
It’s funny. I’ve seen people on the internet say the Bentley Continental and BMW M6 don’t fit in the GT3 category, but to me, they’re the very definition of a GT car.

They are :D I just don't like the way he pronounces the 'th' sound as a 'v' or 'fr' sometimes. It's an enjoyable commentary team combo, except for that.
Oh, alright. I see twitcher was just joking. I used to find his commentary quite grating, but they've managed to remedy it a bit with better recording and volume leveling. I remember barely being able to hear the other guy, but then suddenly Sam's voice explodes with him saying something in a very high pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back