2018 Super GT SeriesSports Cars 

• Thread starter blinky77
  • 174 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam collins is NOT first mike material at all and comfortably the worst thing about the nismo coverage. He good at presenting features but he is second mike at best when there isn't a race driver available for that slot.

They need a proper commentator.

I cannot stand Collins in the slightest. The commentary feels almost like a quota - insert DIDJA KNOW BLUE CAR VS RED CAR info every ten laps, some random misinformation, etc. It's really quite grating.

When I first saw his Nismo videos a couple years ago, I didn't know of him. Thought he was a British celeb, pulled from a series, to host a show.

I've since gotten used to him(it helps he knows the Japanese language and has knowledge to share).He engages with the fans and seems genuine towards Super GT.

I think the NISMO TV coverage of Super GT is my second favourite broadcast team, behind only Supercars. I like it because it’s different, mostly due to the platform. The broadcasters interact with the people on the stream, I like how they have nick names for some of the cars, like the “Wonky Sticker Audi”...I have a lot of fun and smiles watching super GT.

I like RLM, but at least with Super GT, I don’t have to hear “extroooooooooodinary” 15 times per hour.

I think the NISMO TV coverage of Super GT is my second favourite broadcast team, behind only Supercars. I like it because it’s different, mostly due to the platform. The broadcasters interact with the people on the stream, I like how they have nick names for some of the cars, like the “Wonky Sticker Audi”...I have a lot of fun and smiles watching super GT.

I like RLM, but at least with Super GT, I don’t have to hear “extroooooooooodinary” 15 times per hour.
Well, that and in the SGT coverage, you don't hear at every track, "That's the fastest corner in Australia Japan!".

Well, that and in the SGT coverage, you don't hear at every track, "That's the fastest corner in Australia Japan!".
“The faaaastest corna is Austral-Asian Motorsport” :lol:

I dunno, they all have quirks.

Boogity boogity boogity was cool and funny the first time, now it’s kind of silly.

Eddie Cheever saying every race before the 500 is a practice session.

The guy who does ADAC F4, ADAC TCR, GT4, etc, always sounds like he’s eating lunch while broadcasting, with the amount of lip smacking and throat clearing.

The guy who does WTCR hates race stewards.

The main guy for BTCC sounds like an auctioneer..

The TCR Euro guy sounds like he’s falling asleep.

The Blancpain duo ramble on and on about the weirdest stuff, and usually miss most on screen action because they’re watching timing screens.

The F2 guy who says “have a check” (although I love his enthusiasm!!)

Crailsy always opening his damn mouth and ruining things :lol:

Mintzilla and Bumble Bee. :lol:

“The faaaastest corna is Austral-Asian Motorsport” :lol:

I dunno, they all have quirks.

Boogity boogity boogity was cool and funny the first time, now it’s kind of silly.

Eddie Cheever saying every race before the 500 is a practice session.

The guy who does ADAC F4, ADAC TCR, GT4, etc, always sounds like he’s eating lunch while broadcasting, with the amount of lip smacking and throat clearing.

The TCR Euro guy sounds like he’s falling asleep.

The Blancpain duo ramble on and on about the weirdest stuff, and usually miss most on screen action because they’re watching timing screens.

Crailsy always opening his damn mouth and ruining things :lol:
Ohhh the F2 guy! Holy moly! :lol:
That guy goes bonkers. I don't know what he's saying, but yeah, he's a happy chap.

Oh man, we need a commentator thread now. All of these are so accurate. I do love how Martin Haven doesn't even try to deny the innate cringe in WTCR. His sass was so on point at the last race.

Anyway. Sam's alright I think but the problem is the only time I catch him live tends to be the podium ceremonies. Because I wake up too late. And his quips on those are just amusing, probably because they are amusing. Like, they literally brought out an entire golf bag to pose with at Okayama. How can you not love that?

That the one they call Amy?
Yes. His post race banter is good. That's the only thing he gets right.

SuperGT official youtube channel has only put one onboard full length race replay up. The winning Arta car.

Good race. Nakajima must really be cursed when it comes to final laps. At least he got redemption at Le Mans.

Yeah nice battles in the last laps, can only recommend to rewatch the race. Super GT absolutely delivers this year.

Hasn't JP Olivera had some run ins with other drivers before? He kind of screwed himself and his team out of that race.

Lexus 1-2-3-4. The LC is still the best car it seems. The others need little or no ballast to consistently challenge. At Suzuka, the NSX was fastest, but it had little or no success ballast or fuel flow cut. With this win, Kovalainen is now the sole points leader (because Kobayashi missed a race due to the WEC).

Almost could have been a 1-5 place finish, if they just put in a little more fuel for the TOM's AU. It was a excellent race to watch, and kept me up throughout the whole race, since it started around 3:00am. Also a heck of a drive for the GSR Mercedes, since they had a problem right at the start of the race, and was able to claw their way back to 7th iirc.

The Syntium RC F GT3 had a great drive too. I think it was 12th to 3rd. He was balked heavily by the ARTA M6 too, I thought that was a bad move but still great driving for them.

Good race, I really like races at Chang Int Circuit....although I wish there was more “stuff” in the background :lol: Shocking pace from the 100, that was sad to see.

Interesting point raised for the TC1 regs regarding the Wedsport wheels. The Germans want a spec wheel, but the Wedsport team is saying they want to run their Wedsport wheels. Since these are non championship rounds, I think they should run their own wheels.

Any substance at all to that “Felix Rosenqvest to Toro Rosso” rumour Sam spurted out?

The great thing about Super GT races is that they aren't broadcast at a stupidly late time. For me in Australia at least, as the time zone is only like 2 hours behind for the most part. In fact I've watched every round so far! This series is much more entertaining than Supercars because of the variety. The race at Chang was no exception; great competition indeed. I hope it doesn't get taken off Nismo TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back