2018 Super GT SeriesSports Cars 

• Thread starter blinky77
  • 174 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good race, I really like races at Chang Int Circuit....although I wish there was more “stuff” in the background :lol: Shocking pace from the 100, that was sad to see.

Interesting point raised for the TC1 regs regarding the Wedsport wheels. The Germans want a spec wheel, but the Wedsport team is saying they want to run their Wedsport wheels. Since these are non championship rounds, I think they should run their own wheels.

Any substance at all to that “Felix Rosenqvest to Toro Rosso” rumour Sam spurted out?
I feel teams should run their own wheels. DTM used to run BBS, OZ, Enkei.

Should be that way in all motorsport. I think Red Bull had RAY'S on their cars for a while(when Coulthard had a seat). With the one tyre manufacturer, guess they want it to be level across all cars.

Wheels mean nothing outside of their weight. I say give them regulations on size and minimum weight and let them have at it.

Wheels mean nothing outside of their weight. I say give them regulations on size and minimum weight and let them have at it.
Maybe aero? Some past race wheels, had the discs/fins covering the wheel centers. Maybe to retain heat or dissipate it for tyre/brake cooling/warmth temps(though brake ducts could do the same with blockers, but I haven't checked when those were first used in DTM/JGTC)?

The great thing about Super GT races is that they aren't broadcast at a stupidly late time. For me in Australia at least, as the time zone is only like 2 hours behind for the most part. In fact I've watched every round so far! This series is much more entertaining than Supercars because of the variety. The race at Chang was no exception; great competition indeed. I hope it doesn't get taken off Nismo TV.
I like the times too. Mainly because I sleep and get up at different hours than the rest of society, lol. It just fits my schedule.

The great thing about Super GT races is that they aren't broadcast at a stupidly late time. For me in Australia at least, as the time zone is only like 2 hours behind for the most part. In fact I've watched every round so far!

Yeah, an overseas race series that is actually timezone friendly for us Aussies. How good is it. 👍

Having said that, for some reason I totally forgot about about last weekends race. :dunce: Only just caught up on it a couple of nights ago.

Lexus 1-2-3-4. The LC is still the best car it seems. The others need little or no ballast to consistently challenge. At Suzuka, the NSX was fastest, but it had little or no success ballast or fuel flow cut. With this win, Kovalainen is now the sole points leader (because Kobayashi missed a race due to the WEC).
Rubbish. Honda is the car to have this season. It is success ballast holding them back.

For us US viewers sometimes the races are live very early Sunday mornings like 2 or 3am early. Now if I'm not getting up early Sunday morning for a F1 race then I can watch Super GT live.

Rubbish. Honda is the car to have this season. It is success ballast holding them back.
I'd argue it's the Lexus LC. The MOTUL NSX had 2kg of success ballast and only finished 5th in Thailand. You might say it's because it runs Yokohama tires, but the Wedsport Lexus runs Yokohama tires and finished 3rd, 30 seconds up the road. It had 4kg of success ballast. The winning car, the Denso SARD Lexus had 30kg of success ballast but runs Bridgestone tires. If you look through the season's results so far, the Lexus is the only car to finish on the podium in every round. Being consistent in scoring regardless of the ballast and fuel flow penalties seems to be favoring the LC.

Has there always been a Corvette in SGT?
DlUey2AUcAAKe4k

DlUlGBWUwAEj_Of

Has there always been a Corvette in SGT?
DlUey2AUcAAKe4k

DlUlGBWUwAEj_Of
Thats the 10 Hours of Suzuka race. But to answer your question as far as I can tell through looking things up, no there isn't one.

Edit: The Suzuka 10 Hour is part of the Intercontinental Championship. Other races include 24 Hours of Spa and the 8 Hours of Laguna Seca

Thats the 10 Hours of Suzuka race. But to answer your question as far as I can tell through looking things up, no there isn't one.

Edit: The Suzuka 10 Hour is part of the Intercontinental Championship. Other races include 24 Hours of Spa and the 8 Hours of Laguna Seca
Ah, okay. That's part of the Bathurst 12H as well. Haven't seen that C7 run over here. Would be cool if it did at next year's B12H.

Anyway, hoping for the Modulo NSX to finish strong.

There was as far as i know two types of Corvette in SGT.

Dijon_Neon_Callaway_Wako's_ED_2012_Super_GT_Sugo_free_practice.jpg

supergt2_5.jpg

For the first time ever, I am seeing a live Super GT race. I am watching the stream of Rd. 6 at Sugo on YouTube from NISMO TV's YouTube channel right now. Cool stuff! I've always been a JGTC/Super GT fan.

The commentator have said that the Prius would go in WEC and the GR Supra will replace in GT 300 ?! And we could have the Mercedes in GT500 next year ? Really ?! :boggled:

Sounds good to me.

I mean ok for the Supra even if i would be more happy to see the car in GT500, but the Mercedes ?! Leaving the DTM for the Super GT + their future program in Formula E, and a "possible" entry in Hypercar or GTP in 2020 with the Project One it's a bit weird.. :crazy:

I mean ok for the Supra even if i would be more happy to see the car in GT500, but the Mercedes ?! Leaving the DTM for the Super GT + their future program in Formula E, and a "possible" entry in Hypercar or GTP in 2020 with the Project One it's a bit weird.. :crazy:
SGT is popular. They're running an AMG GT3 Customer Program. Also makes sense to showcase the CLK in the booming Asian market.

SGT is popular. They're running an AMG GT3 Customer Program. Also makes sense to showcase the CLK in the booming Asian market.

Yeah yeah but for me it don't make sense to quit the DTM for Super GT specially if they gonna come with same car the C63 AMG, but for the moments it's just rumor.. Let's wait and see. 👍

Man what is this lol, medical cars on the racing line and green flag kept. The safety standards are low in SGT.

Last edited:
That was a crazy race! It was even cool seeing the Hatsune Miku (or Goodsmile?) AMG GT in the pack. The Hoppy 86 car is kind of cute. It was so cool watching this race on TV. Thing is, it was crazy seeing non-racing machines seeming like they wanted to sabotage the finish. Still, it was a good race. Congratulations to the GT500 and GT300 winners at Sugo.

Yeah there were some close calls with course vehicles. :boggled: Good race though.

Finally a win for Benson Jutton after 6 years, he was very very happy. Nice to see Jann Mardenborough on the podium in GT500, remembering he came from the GT Academy!

Can't beleive the bad luck again for the Calsonic car, it was looking like a sure win before the last corner slide on the marbles.

Yeah, shame for the Calsonic GT-R. They've had very little luck in the past couple of races.

Crazy last lap with the medical car not bothering to use his mirrors, almost screwed both 1st and 2nd place cars. Never seen anything like that before. :lol: :crazy:

The Calsonic probably lost the race with the Long Pitstop, the NSX didn't need front tyre change at Sugo(thanks to it's weight distribution) so it made up loads of time in the pits, keep in mind they lose like 4-8 seconds in the first few laps due to cold tyres and even with that the Raybrig was closer to the Calsonic when it left the pits then it was before either pitted.

Passing is pretty easy at Sugo though and was a much better race to watch then the F1 race at Singapore later in the day by a very long margin lol.

Passing is pretty easy at Sugo though and was a much better race to watch then the F1 race at Singapore later in the day by a very long margin lol.

Didn't watch the F1 but it was a hell of a lot more entertaining than the Supercars race. :lol:

Goot point about the pit stops. Originally thought Sasaki had a problem after he left the pits. The GT-R was really struggling on cold tyres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back