2018 Super GT SeriesSports Cars 

• Thread starter blinky77
  • 174 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Calsonic probably lost the race with the Long Pitstop, the NSX didn't need front tyre change at Sugo(thanks to it's weight distribution) so it made up loads of time in the pits, keep in mind they lose like 4-8 seconds in the first few laps due to cold tyres and even with that the Raybrig was closer to the Calsonic when it left the pits then it was before either pitted.

Passing is pretty easy at Sugo though and was a much better race to watch then the F1 race at Singapore later in the day by a very long margin lol.
Better than the VASC race that WAS like watching current F1. :sly:

Man what is this lol, medical cars on the racing line and green flag kept. The safety standards are low in SGT.

Not sure Id see it that way. All the drivers know how the series runs, they know there’s course vehicles on the circuit while the race is going on, and there would have been flags indicating so. I won’t argue that the driving from the course vehicle was a little suspect, but the only person who seemed to be caught out by the situation was a driver who is very new to the series.

It’s basically the same system that is used at the Nurburgring during VLN events.

Not sure Id see it that way. All the drivers know how the series runs, they know there’s course vehicles on the circuit while the race is going on, and there would have been flags indicating so. I won’t argue that the driving from the course vehicle was a little suspect, but the only person who seemed to be caught out by the situation was a driver who is very new to the series.

It’s basically the same system that is used at the Nurburgring during VLN events.
Yeah no, Button was very angry at the end of the race. It's not normal.

I just got through seeing a live stream of Super GT at Autopolis from NISMO TV's YouTube channel. It was a great race. Hard to believe it was three weeks since the previous round at Sugo. We kind of had fun in chat when the Hoppy 86 car was shown.

Final round: Twin Ring Motegi.

Nice race at Autopolis.

Come on Jenson, you wouldn't admit using team orders if it was in your favour; remember Brawn 2009. You should care more about talking to your Youtube channel than to tweeting those things. Anyways, not sure Tom's team orders were the best idea. That would have been the third victory of the season for au's car, and Sekiguchi had a real shot at the driver's championship -he'd be leading if not for the fuel issue at Buriram-; now they are putting all their eggs in one basket on the Keeper. I'm eager to see the battle for the title between Button and Cassidy on the last race at Motegi.

On this closing stages of this 2018 season, do you think Alonso in SuperGT for 2019 is a possibility?

PS: How is it that all British commentators I know pronounce "Hondar" instead of Honda?
Sky Sports, NismoTV, ButtonTV... all I hear is "Hondar engine", "Hondar NSX".

Wow that season was entertaining until the last lap!

Awesome driving by Benson Jutton there. Gutted for the ARTA M6, they had quite a lead coming into Motegi.

So much fun. In all my time of watching Super GT I have never regretted staying up to watch a race. :)

Congrats Button, Raybrig, and Darth Leon drivers! How did ARTA manage to lose this one? You had one job!

So I watch every race but am not entirely up to date on some things. But what is up with Nissan lately? Do they just suck, or does the series have them BOP'd so badly they can't do anything but ride around mid-pack?

Jenson back on top, awesome result! What a great season, i wanted the Raybrig to win all year being a Jenson and Honda fan but honestly didn't think it would happen. Long overdue for Raybrig and thoroughly deserved. Cant wait for next years season!

So I watch every race but am not entirely up to date on some things. But what is up with Nissan lately? Do they just suck, or does the series have them BOP'd so badly they can't do anything but ride around mid-pack?

There is no real BOP in this series. You get ballast for the amount of points you have, but all of that gets removed for the final race. Nissan has real pace issues. Development is not locked and cars can improve throughout the season. They must have dropped the ball somewhere along the line.

What the hell happened to the Arta M6? Thought they'd be in a strong position after the late pit stop but Walkinshaw went nowhere.

Was rooting for KeePer TOM's but can't begrudge Button and Honda. Well deserved championship.

According to magazine Auto Sport, the Supra will return to the series as a GT500 car in 2020:
2018.7.31-Supra-C.jpg

There is no real BOP in this series. You get ballast for the amount of points you have, but all of that gets removed for the final race. Nissan has real pace issues. Development is not locked and cars can improve throughout the season. They must have dropped the ball somewhere along the line.
That's what I mean, probably should have said ballast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back