2018 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 2,549 comments
New wing? Wonder if Nissan might want to add that flat plate on the end of their cars, like the S60, ZB, FG X and now Mustang have.

V8SC COTF
syd3.jpg

VASC '15
Rick-008-2.jpg

I've become even more of a die hard since Walkinshaw lost factory backing.

Same.

My father is a die hard Brock fan, so I've been supporting WR pretty much since the start of HRT. Honestly, can't really blame Holden for taking away the factory backing. The transfer of the HRT nameplate over to T8 however still stings. Their performance this year was quite encouraging but they've still got a long way to go.

Edit: Hope this leads to Jaxon Evans WAU co-drive one day.

Last edited:
Holden has Ford to thank for a lot of its Supercar success since 2010 in a roundabout way. Let me explain.

If Ford didn't foolishly withdraw factory support from Triple Eight for 2009, RD wouldn't have got pissed off & decided on a move to the red side of the fence.
All the Holden fans that don't like RD/Triple Eight etc.., really need to think about how much success they would've seen 2010 to the present day had the racing responsibilities been left to Walkinshaw. It wasn't that long ago that the Clayton mob were making wholesale engineering changes, swapping cars & sacking Garth Tander.

Thumbs up to Erebus for this. Interesting to see how competitive the Merc will be against the newer ZB's and Mustangs. Are they still using the AMG engine?

Thumbs up to Erebus for this. Interesting to see how competitive the Merc will be against the newer ZB's and Mustangs. Are they still using the AMG engine?

From what was said in the article Erebus said the only difference is the Engine and Aero to that of the current ZB. So I would think they are still using those engines.

Hopefully it's competitive in S2. The telling difference, may be the move to Main Game rear shocks, if it joins as a wild card. I'm also not sure if S2 run on the "new"-old Dunlop tyre. Fingers and toes crossed, the test was successful.
As mentioned in the article, the E63 delivered its power differently(it needed better drive out of corners). Commodore is good under brakes and exit speed, the Falcon required steering with the brakes, to get it around the corners.

Hope I get to hear that wonderful AMG V8 again. I miss that noise, along with the Volvo, both were very unique to the category.

http://www.v8sleuth.com.au/news/2018/12/04/loki-returns-back-story-of-erebus-resurrected-merc

Edit:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/12/04/eaton-evans-buoyed-after-maiden-supercars-tests/

So many people having a steer of a Supercar. From a Jet ski racer to open wheel racers. All coming away with respect for these cars. Think I'm going to have to buy a Membership with a team and get a ride day in one.

I won a simulator Supercar competition back in 2006.

1st prize was return flights from Melbourne to Brisvegas & back, a tour of the Triple Eight HQ and, a hot lap with CL at the Paperclip in his #888 BF Falcon.
It happened to be the day they were testing the Ethanol fuel under the watchful eye of Supercars officialdom.
They had crap rubber & were just logging laps for data capture and, having fun doing it.
No lap records were set - they weren’t even under threat. Too much oversteer for that.

If you EVER get the chance to go for a ride in a Supercar, do it.
You won’t believe the way they go, stop or corner & the sound is bloody beautiful.
Take a change of underwear.

I’d previously had rides around Sandown in Group A cars: Sierra/Commodore & while the shove in the back from the Sierra Turbo was impressive, the Supercar by comparison does everything well.

Yeah it really is an incredible experience. I managed to be lucky enough to get a hot lap with Todd Hazelwood around Phillip Island through a sponsor. It was the perfect track for it as well. The sudden acceleration coming out of pit lane was impressive, and that was only the start of it haha. When under brakes, it’s crazy how the G forces actually feel. It feels like the front of the car is tilted towards the ground at about 45 degrees when you’re inside the car.

I’ve been a fan of Todd Hazelwood since as well, got to talk to him for a bit after the lap, and he and his team were fantastic.

Back