2018 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 2,549 comments
Wait, what talk? I turned the coverage off not long after the race finished.
Not much, really. Andrew Jones reported that the Kelly boy’s are in contact with another manufacturer in Kia. Todd Kelly apparently expresses concern over developing a new engine for the sport.

As much as I'd love to see Scotty running #1, I don't blame him for sticking with 17.

I wore my autographed McLaughlin tee and Shell V-Power Racing Team cap to work today, doing my bit to celebrate :D Naturally I've had to order one of these too:

upload_2018-11-26_17-53-4.png

As much as I'd love to see Scotty running #1, I don't blame him for sticking with 17.

I wore my autographed McLaughlin tee and Shell V-Power Racing Team cap to work today, doing my bit to celebrate :D Naturally I've had to order one of these too:

View attachment 782480
Oh, the Holden faithful didn't like when I showed up with my Shell polo. One co-worker avoided me until I was leaving. :lol: He shook my hand and said well done to Scott. Then, added about Fabs getting payback from Whincup and the out of fuel thing. I said it was that sneaky litre of Caltex, RBHRT slipped in Scott's tank, that gave him bad fuel economy last lap.

Awesome news. An official climb to VASC.

The 2019 Aussie Driver Search has new main judges, with Chelsea Angelo as one of a few other additional judges.
Add TCR Australia and S5000, Motorsport here, is looking good.

One more thing, a co-worker of mine, was down by the TCM pits. He heard John Bowe was upset with where TCM are set up(using the old Newcastle Station, end of line lane). Said he won't be back at this round.

We'll see what happens. Thing is, Super 2 and the 86s, were at the infield of the track. So, I don't know how that works in regards to which series gets preference. Anyway, hope they return next year.

The Super 3 tag makes sense & it’s what I’ve been calling it privately for around 2 years .
It’s a lot easier explaining how the three tiers work together & how a potential talent climbs the ladder.

Bowey is highly pissed off at being squeezed in there as there’s not enough space for all their logistic needs.
I don’t know what the solution is but they need a fix.

Something I just remembered, while reading about the Mustang homologation. I saw a brief article about Gazoo Racing Australia, may look into joining VASC. Not sure if it was the Supra or Camry. I'll look in my search history later.

Something I just remembered, while reading about the Mustang homologation. I saw a brief article about Gazoo Racing Australia, may look into joining VASC. Not sure if it was the Supra or Camry. I'll look in my search history later.
Oooooh I want to hear more from this

Wasn't there something not long ago in Auto Action about the Supra? Don't me wrong it'd be great if it happened but Toyota rumours have been around for years and years. I'll believe it when I see it.

Wasn't there something not long ago in Auto Action about the Supra? Don't me wrong it'd be great if it happened but Toyota rumours have been around for years and years. I'll believe it when I see it.
Yeasss. I saw the Auto Action pic. There's Motoring.com or car sales or go auto.com that had a write up.

It doesn't have the nickname 'Auto Fiction' for nothing :odd:

I bought every issue of that for 35 years :rolleyes: Sold them all in a pristine condition to a well-known Motoring Journo :D

Back