2018 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 2,549 comments
JW & PD never looked like losing the race so the others, including their teammates, better do their homework over the coming weeks or it'll be another round of domination by the #1.

JW & PD never looked like losing the race so the others, including their teammates, better do their homework over the coming weeks or it'll be another round of domination by the #1.

I doubt it would be nearly as dominating, Reynolds put it best really, the tire choice and the fact that all of them knew they'd be really strong played more of a factor. They will probably see differences from Sandow to Bathurst because of the changes all around.

So, Triple 8 back to two cars then for next year?

Got to wonder what ended the potential deal with Simona. Sponsorship, perhaps?

Last edited:
Even though I'm not a huge fan of the current Ford GT. This is going to be very, very cool.

Any chance of Andretti bringing one of his Indycar's to do the same? Pretty please.

Last edited:
Can the Ford GT be detuned to run in GT3? Or, would GTE come here for a 24H?
As I understand it, the differences between a GT3 & GTE is, the GT3 has a larger air restrictor than the GTE meaning more power but the GTE has more aerodynamics/downforce. All cars in the GTE class have rear diffusers for a start.

Could they make a GTE a GT3 or in the other direction? Absolutely. How much would that little exercise cost? No idea but it's better than starting from scratch.

Would I like to see the GTE class included in the Bathurst 12 hour? 🤬 yeah :bowdown:

Not sure why the no ad break thing is news. Didn't Foxtel announce that they were going to air it without ads sometime last year?
The more organisations, the merrier. Wonder where they'd get an REC from.

Who would drive for them too. It'd have to be a front running driver, Chip Gannasi wouldn't want just anyone.

Makes me wonder how long until Foxtel finally ditches SD broadcasting. It’s funny how I’m paying a smaller fee for my Foxtel Now subscription with HD as standard while the more expensive, base set top box only features SD. I miss being able to record programs but I really like being able to read the totem pole during the F1 and Supercars broadcasts.

Not sure why the no ad break thing is news. Didn't Foxtel announce that they were going to air it without ads sometime last year?

Who would drive for them too. It'd have to be a front running driver, Chip Gannasi wouldn't want just anyone.
Chip could get Will Davison. He's driven for just about everyone else :lol:

Seriously though, if he was writing big cheques he could poach/rescue one of the Prodrive guys & choose a promising rookie. The talent pool runs deep enough.

Makes me wonder how long until Foxtel finally ditches SD broadcasting. It’s funny how I’m paying a smaller fee for my Foxtel Now subscription with HD as standard while the more expensive, base set top box only features SD. I miss being able to record programs but I really like being able to read the totem pole during the F1 and Supercars broadcasts.
Problem is with the bill going up, for same content. A co-worker of mine, messaged Foxtel about his bill going up(He's got the base package. No HD). The response was, To keep providing services for everyone. Say what?

Lowndes and Pruitt! I've always seen them as twins, about 20 years apart, but twins! ;)

New blood, I'd pick Jacobson. I think Fabian might be out next contract. Throw some money at him, if he doesn't take, try LeBrocq. I'd leave Moffat just where he is.

Chip could get Will Davison. He's driven for just about everyone else :lol:

So true. :lol:👍 He has a knack for not sticking with one team for very long.
New blood, I'd pick Jacobson. I think Fabian might be out next contract. Throw some money at him, if he doesn't take, try LeBrocq. I'd leave Moffat just where he is.

Yeah, either Jacobson, Le Brocq. (De Pasquale will probably be under lock and key at Erebus for a long time). I'd be looking seriously at Will Brown as well, after his performance at Sandown.

With you on Coulthard. Wouldn't surprise me to see DJRTP make a play for Mostert to replace him.

Would much prefer to see her in an S2 car at Bathurst, rather than the utes. Hopefully her performance in the GT3 Cup Challenge will put her on the radar of some teams and sponsors.

I ain’t bidding in the first place unless they can supply irrefutable proof it was one of his cars.

Agreed.

Think there should be some questions about the VK big banger in that auction as well. There's a lot of conjecture about wheather that's the actual #05 or the #25 sister car.

Agreed.

Think there should be some questions about the VK big banger in that auction as well. There's a lot of conjecture about wheather that's the actual #05 or the #25 sister car.
Absolutely. As a former owner of a VK HDT Gp.3 replica & a dedicated Brockophile, I took an intense interest in the subject.

Australian Muscle Car Magazine did a full feature article on the VK #05 & #25 a while back, looking into anything that would identify one from the other. They did an original article when Brock was still alive but had a second look at it when new details came to light. Even original HDT team members can't agree which one is which.
From memory, there were subtle differences in the paintwork & other minor details that would leave no doubt which car you were looking at if you knew exactly what to look for.
After reading that, I'm of the opinion that the car in the Bathurst museum was originally the #25 & the Peter Champion one up for auction is the '84 victor.

As a former owner of a VK HDT Gp.3 replica

Sweet. 👍
After reading that, I'm of the opinion that the car in the Bathurst museum was originally the #25 & the Peter Champion one up for auction is the '84 victor.

Funny you should mention the Australian Muscle Car Magazine article, because back when I read that, I came to the exact opposite conclusion. :lol: Honestly don't think we'll ever know for certain which one is which.

Last edited:
Sweet. 👍

Funny you should mention the Australian Muscle Car Magazine article, because back when I read that, I came to the exact opposite conclusion. :lol: Honestly don't think we'll ever know for certain which one is which.
Tjhe VK was a grumpy mutha but in need of restoration. I'd cross one or two things off the list & end up with another three or four on the bottom of the list. I ran out of patience with it taxing my budget.

Which article though; the first with Brock in #18 or, the second in #76 after his passing?

Latest Posts

Back