2019/20 FIA Exhibition Series Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by nissman, Sep 13, 2019 at 10:38 AM.

1. Famine

Famine Administrator

Has that changed for the Exhibition Series then? Only it's always been the last race you do - as evidenced by the number of people making threads and posts on GTPlanet asking why they got lower points after doing worse in a subsequent race (like this and this), and the official website which still says this:

JEverettL likes this.
  2. NeSSaYah

NeSSaYah

Well it's the same in both cases - you can try again to gain more points in the next race ;P

I believe I've red it somewhere in this forum that You gain points from the race where you got most of them.
    If that's not true I am willing to accept my failure ;)

As a side note - is my DR available somewhere? Or still only via tool/site I need to buy?
    What was it? - Kutos? Kudos or something like that.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019 at 2:16 PM
  3. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

Can confirm the last race you enter in the round is still the only one that counts.

Makozi entered and won all 3 Oceania manufacturer races on Wednesday night but ended up 7th overall after the round was finished, as each race was worth less points than the one before.

I jagged 33 manufacturer points for finishing P4 in the first timeslot despite pretty ordinary pace. If I get that again this season I will be pretty happy.

4. hairless_ape

hairless_ape

Couldn't get below 1:50 in the 5 or 6 practice laps I ran for manufacturer's, so I didn't bother. That's what I get for always avoiding RBR and having never driven GTS in the rain yet. Ah well, maybe I'll race next week.

5. Riptide

Riptide Premium

Nothing has changed. Only the points from the driver's last race counts - for better or for worse.

6. tonyNOS

tonyNOS

A lot of drama yesterday at RBR wet.I haven't competed for many months, but I know what my 4c can do, so I entered the race. There was already another driver with the 4c who took pole position, I started from the last position thanks to all those who do not know how to do a clean qualifying. In the race I recovered from 17 to 8; here the epilogue, the pilots involved said that I am a dirty driver

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019 at 3:37 PM
  7. Lucas180

Lucas180

so if you finish in a better position you gain the additional points? if you finish in a worse position does it use those results instead ?

nvm think its been answered

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019 at 3:38 PM
  8. Pelikan

Pelikan

Well, I went with Subaru. Hoping to make the Top 16 race again...*fingers crossed.

Ran the middle race last night and finished P5 in the top split. Spent nearly the entire race within .5 to 1.5 seconds trailing P4, I just couldn’t manage a safe overtake. RBR in the rain was a lot of fun.

[​IMG]

theschledy and hairless_ape like this.
  9. afc5150

afc5150

Team No Name Lexus made it's Manufacturers Cup Exhibition series debut last night, and I was pleasantly surprised that despite maybe 10 laps on a wet track total prior to qualifying, I managed to qualify 17th and bring the beast home in P8! Lots of intense, close and most importantly, CLEAN racing. Only 2 of the 9 places made were through attrition, the rest were legitimate passes. :D

I decided to stay with Lexus for this season, as I find the cars nice and consistent and suited to my driving style, while not being the fastest out there.
    Onward and upward! 20190919103704.jpg 20190919103500.jpg

dimassa19, watto79 and bloodyboyblue like this.
  10. stpatty

stpatty

Having a look at the EMEA drivers who've picked Nissan I think I might end up getting an S rank. You need to be top ten in your manufacturer, right?

11. Pfei

Pfei Premium

Top six now after the regions were split.

12. hairless_ape

hairless_ape

Is the '16 RC-F really all that superior to the '17? I ask because I notice that darn near everyone who chooses Lexus in FIA opts for the older car. And I haven't used either car enough to have an informed opinion.

13. afc5150

afc5150

Things have probably changed with the various physics updates, but all I remember is prior to last season, I took both the '16 and '17 out for multiple laps at multiple tracks, and the older car was consistently just a wee bit faster, and possibly a little better in the tire wear department.. when I renewed with Lexus the other day, it never even occured to me to try out the '17!:banghead:

hairless_ape likes this.
  14. Famine

Famine Administrator

Nope. Top five for Central/South America, still top ten for Europe.
    Also lol "revered".

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019 at 6:48 PM
    Pfei and stpatty like this.
  15. hairless_ape

hairless_ape

Marc VDS Racing Logo...it's been on a lot of GT3 cars. They shut down the 4 wheel racing team at the end of 2015.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019 at 6:28 PM
  16. stpatty

stpatty

I'm 17th and ahead of a guy who was top 3 last season. It's on.

17. Famine

Famine Administrator

I'm in eighth and showing a GT World Tour finalist and World Finalist a clean set of brake lights...

... which will last until Saturday when he destroys me.

GT5Power and Pfei like this.
  18. MIE1992

MIE1992

I think it says something that there's one N-Series race in the Nations Cup Exhibition Season 1 schedule, and it's a one-make. It's really too bad about the balancing because if they had races that replicated events from various campaigns, that could be neat, like those daily races where you were limited to the late 90s/early 00s JDM cars.

I think there should be a way to avoid having the field in various Sport Mode events be so homogenous, ignoring one-make events. It doesn't feel very interesting when you have multiple options yet everyone picks the same car. Maybe the cars should be better-balanced (e.g. having BoP also account for downforce & final gear ratio) but then they could be random, forcing players to adapt.

I also think that when tuning is disabled, you shouldn't be permitted to use "interclass" N-series cars. It sort of defeats the point of the N-series, AFAIK, when you not only have minute changes to power/weight as an inherent part of BoP, but also when you can radically change the power to have a car go into another N-class, and let BoP do the rest. It's arguably antithetical to the concept. I also wonder if it'd be warranted to make another class for cars like the Mazda Roadster Touring Car and Toyota S-FR Racing Concept? Maybe a class (or even a series of classes) for tuners? Heck, it could even include cars that've had parts added by the player, such as custom wings. It'd also include the cars that've been picked by PD from the Tokyo Auto Salon & SEMA, except for the drift cars, as they'd go into their own class.

Basically, each class could have further rules beyond just what cars fit into it. Like the N-Series would always have tuning disabled beyond BoP, and each N-class would only allow cars that come stock as part of that class. But for a hypothetical M-Series (as in, 'M' for modified), tuning would always be available to various capacities - it could be all the potential settings, or just one setting, or one section, or a combination. There could be upper/lower limits for each metric (rather than just a minimum weight and maximum power) in some cases, too.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019 at 7:05 PM
  19. mobilmasher

mobilmasher

I think Saturdays Manufacturer race at Interlagos will require the use of both tire compounds. It requires the use of hards when mediums are also available.

20. breeminator

breeminator

Can anyone think of a way to establish the size of time penalty that is applied at the end if you haven't used the required tyre type? Impossible to judge the best strategy without knowing that.