2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
OK 2nd go and we're not getting punted or discoed. D10, 61 points, terrible Q all my fault though Q15. Would have been 6th with this mornings one, but that went badly so maybe this is a good thing. Got punted several times raged and came last 17, spent last lap in pits just to make it count.
The 3 other Oz events I've done this season have been the cleanest I've had and then this garbage. Have I been unlucky today or lucky before. Should I go again or even just quit all FIA events?

@Pigems Citroen Q9 and was an absolute 🤬 got 13th, but probably would have done OK if he had tried driving round the circuit rather than through all the other cars.

Did try to try again, but froze, restart wouldn't match then froze, restart oh wow a new car and just missed entry time. It obviously thinks I should quit.

Last edited:
I will most likely enter this one, but I’m just not expecting much out of my Chevy.
Qualifying will be tough, because you will need that slipstream but that has its own risks. My strategy will be just try to win a war of attrition and not get tangled up...Good luck out there.
Fellow 'Vette driver here. What have you been getting for practice qualifying times? I've been 46.1-46.3 when I can get a good lap, and low-mid 47s in the race. I run BB +3 for qualifying and +4 for the race.

Fellow 'Vette driver here. What have you been getting for practice qualifying times? I've been 46.1-46.3 when I can get a good lap, and low-mid 47s in the race. I run BB +3 for qualifying and +4 for the race.

I’m on wheel. I think my best practice is same as yours.
I don’t like to run too much practice though because the cars so different in race trim.
I use bb0. I ran bb 2 rear on it messing around on Autopolis qual, and it gives it an ability to whip the rear out if you do it just right but tbh gained no time from 0.
Both vettes I find, for me, and the way I drive, seem to stay very even in tire wear at the 0 bb. Of course people think I’m a loon because TCS3 also lol.
Autopolis I’m off pace gr4 on meds.
In the past I’ve always used other cars here for gr4.
I love the Ferrari here, and the Viper. The Chevy gearing or something just doesn’t seem optimal here. I hit a good clean lap but it just doesn’t seem reflected in the time. Plus this will be tougher matching for me than dailies which often aren’t full plus rooms...
I’d be willing to bet guys will battle and slow which will likely provide ample overtaking chances.
Qualifying is what worries me most. Typically I do fine in race there, but people can really nail qual laps, and I’m gonna need to try to use the slip which has always failed me in the past. I much prefer one flyer alone, but that’s just not gonna work with these long straights...

Edit for me I prefer even tire wear because the car drives more the same balance wise, just less grip, and considering I run tcs sliding out the rear is a no no.

Last edited:
To those who are about to die in the chicane of death we salute you and please don't take me out. :nervous:

Update: Horrible qualifying that had more in common with bumper cars, finished 18 due to punts and corner barging.

Race was much the same bad enough that some folks had red SR by end of race and you have to really work hard to get that these days. Given how the Q went my plan was to hang back and let everyone bash the heck out of each other then pick up the pieces.

Took it fairly easy on lap 1 and then just put in consistent laps in the Lexus RC F doing .51 & .52 the entire race. At my level of racing the fastest race lap was a .49 so not too far off the pace.

Picked of a few places to folks who fell or were pushed off track. Also some folks pitted as they didn't seem to know what tyre saving is and can only go hell for leather so couple more places there.

I worked myself up to 10th without really having to make a pass and felt pretty good but of course someone had to spoil it with a punt and run which lost me a couple of places. So I ended up crossing the line in 12th a bit fed up but it could have been worse I guess.

Might try one of the later slots but I am not sure it's going to go any better.

Last edited:
To those who are about to die in the chicane of death we salute you and please don't take me out. :nervous:

Let em take each other out. Don’t get caught up in bad battles, use the slingshot when others battle and ruin their exits...There’s 12 laps-that’s a LOT of time for others to bin it or try to late brake and lose time on the straight, that’s when you pounce!

One and (I think) done.
Qualified 7th which I was pleased with. Lost a few gained a few spots due to the usual scuffles. Took me several laps to settle but found some space to get some consistent laps in, with a trio including a known dirt fighting behind me and a duo in an apparently cleaner fight ahead.
Eventually gained on the duo ahead and took advantage of a tangle to move to 6th. Got pushed out of the way to drop back to 7th and would regain the spot at the pre-cod hairpin before being pushed out of the way on the last turn by the same driver. He's sorry though so it's fine, right?
7th for 105 points (same as first round) which I'd have taken pre race. Just a little annoyed at being shoved out twice by the same person on the last lap.
Overall will probably not go again, chances of me surviving another full race without binning myself on the cod are slim!

F17F4266-5EE1-41D3-A333-A28E592D4EF0.jpeg

Came through with a few bruises but didn’t die in the COD :lol:

Qualifying could have been better but actually turned out to be a good race and made most of my positions by good old fashioned overtaking. That said, it was very nudgy and bargy in the first few laps. People nudging people into others. People still don’t seem to realise you’re going faster in draft and need to brake a bit earlier! Took a while to settle down. Had a good battle with a vette and RCZ. Just shame with a couple of laps to go the vette decided to stop driving nicely and dived from way back using me and the RCZ as a barrier and speeding off into the distance. But definitely one and done here! :)

Ops, forgot to say i was in with @LVS_1986 too! Always good to race with a GTP friend! From what i could see, you made up a few positions too!

Last edited:
Well that was a fun race. I completely screwed up both qualifying laps and started all the way up the grid in P18.

The race went way better, the Jaguar is probably the car for this track in Gr4. I managed to make the most of the cars straight line speed without dying if death at the chicane of death. Managed to work my way up the field through the race to finish in 8th for 96 points. One and done for me, good luck to everyone else racing :cheers:.

Also well done to @Stoobert on there second place finish.

View attachment 996880

Came through with a few bruises but didn’t die in the COD :lol:

Qualifying could have been better but actually turned out to be a good race and made most of my positions by good old fashioned overtaking. That said, it was very nudgy and bargy in the first few laps. People nudging people into others. People still don’t seem to realise you’re going faster in draft and need to brake a bit earlier! Took a while to settle down. Had a good battle with a vette and RCZ. Just shame with a couple of laps to go the vette decided to stop driving nicely and dived from way back using me and the RCZ as a barrier and speeding off into the distance. But definitely one and done here! :)
You mean this guy from some north african country?:mad: new penaltys system is bad

Or middle east country

Last edited:
Asia region slot 4 split 3 (or 4 maybe lol) and 12th seed

Started at 6th and able to went up to p4 after the chaos ahead of me. Found that the lambo wasn’t so fast, so i bump drafted the other jag to challenge him. But i failed to catch them after i made a small mistake in the chicane of death...

But anyway, p4 is a good result and i can have a good sleep with that

CD0317AC-EE42-44F7-92F0-D8ABC77BAE87.jpeg
4854A47F-C125-4021-84D8-037987578458.jpeg

Last edited:
Also well done to Stoobert on there second place finish.

I did see the great move up the table you made over those opening laps. Well done :)

I think you're right on the Jag being strong here. He got up the inside on me T1 and I outbroke myself for the first chicane giving them the lead. Could only keep up with him until lap 3 when the chicane of death claimed me as a victim. Luckily 3rd also had a mare there and 4th back must have been fighting hard on those opening laps as with 2 broken front wheels and a broken splitter I didn't lose any places. Spent the next 9 laps just knocking 5 seconds off the time. I think the Jag driver was stronger than me in the braking zones and it would have effortlessly passed me on the straights if I did get a move.

I have enjoyed these last two tracks as the car / track combo has suited me, but I don't expect these strong results to continue over the next few races.

Last edited:
Race 1

Unfortunately D1, Q4. Was happy with Quali. Definitely wish I was a higher door number.

Lap 1, in to the first brake zone and I get pushed wide by the guy who started in P5. Pushed me down to P6.

Same guy goes on to push P3 off the road on the next lap. So up to P5.

Held position to lap 10, when the dirty driver disconnected, karma? Up to P4.

Finished P4, 147 points, DR +1000. One and done.

Well the 2 in Oz sucked and the first one here was terrible too, bad quali and then the punting started. Going again, but am getting to the stage where hitting delete might be the best way to keep my sanity.

Victim of the COD reporting in! (On the first attempt at least, had some grazes on the second but nothing race ending.)

Qualified P7 on the first attempt with a 1:46.882. Finished P16 after turning the front of my Atenza into a pancake on lap 6. (Rotting dog wang pancake?)

Qualified P7 on the second attempt as well with a 1:46.833. Very aggressive race from start to finish. Had to get my elbows out (which I'm not really fond of doing) and play chicken heading into the COD a couple of times... :scared:

A Nissan that started in P4 caused all sorts of hell after getting the COD wrong on lap 2 with a heavy impact on the left side upon exiting, dropping down to P7 with some ghosting. I almost went up the back of it as it was practically invisible until the last moment. The train of cars in front of me drove straight through it as I was exiting the chicane, and then it suddenly unghosted in front of me. It took out an Aston Martin I'd been fighting with a few laps later at the seaside hairpin after bombing down my inside far too fast to stop in time.

It also later caused carnage on the final lap as I got a run on it out of the seaside hairpin, only for it to start grinding me into the right-side wall before the first right. That fired us both into the left-side wall and we then got hit by the cars behind. A McLaren wound up with a 2 second penalty that wasn't really justified. Finished P6 due to the McLaren's penalty with 137 points. That's a decent result, so I think I'll leave it there...

Last edited:
Do we have a blacklist of GT Sport idiots that we can submit names to on here? :lol::mad:
Getting really frustrating as I’ve rarely had a problem with the game over the last year or so but now there’s a few drivers in each race who are in Wreckfest mode!

Anyway the race......The randomiser selected Dodge for me in these 6 races. Man the Gr4 car is slow now, I know it got neutered but I didn’t realise to what extent!
Got a decent lap in but it was only good enough for 14th.
Quite a scruffy start to the race however I held position in the most part and made my way up to 10th on about lap 9 when I was deliberately pushed off by some pillock.
I made my way back up to 12th for a measly 50 odd points.

Can we put the kids in their own room or something please PD?

After watching @Tidgney stream on Saturday it seems all levels and ages are at it to be fair. It’s cowardly and pathetic and I shouldn’t be this irritated by a video game :bowdown::banghead:

Last edited:
@Dave_H_87 We can't write names of the idiot drivers on here, so you should probably remove the one from your post. ;) However if the same idiots are continually causing problems, save some replays/live video and upload to YouTube and post those here so we can see them in action and know to avoid them if we come across them.

:gtplanet::cheers:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210310191857.jpg

After a fight against the tyres and then a bottle job at the chicane, I dragged this out of my 3rd attempt. 1st and 2nd in a WRX and a GT-R were fighting a lot and the Lexus ahead of me in 3rd didn't seem able to work together very well. Eventually that GT-R fell back and was replaced by a Huracan from behind driven by someone whose name for some reason makes me think he's dirty but he was fine here. Even after being in slipstream for about 9 laps my tyres still died and I just held off the other GT-R to finish where I started.

PS @Adam Barber sorry about the Calsonic livery but I ran it twice and it was a disaster, it's off the car

Stupid idiot quali 1st lap just before COD I get purple and risk flat out for pole, anyway didn't end well and 2nd lap was a fair bit slower so Q14:banghead::banghead::banghead: Wouldn't call it clean, but in comparison it was spotless. Would have come 2nd, but 2 and 3 decided to fight, both lost out badly rather than taking the 3rd and 4th. We 3 had a decent lead of the rest, but they fought then 1 made a mistake and I passed he fought me until he spun off (no contact at all) then I passed 2nd purely on speed, I had fastest lap at this time and he was easily a sec a lap slower. So others caught up and a bit of barging left me in 4th the others came 6th and 9th just stupid. Still a fairly clean and enjoyable race.

@Pigems Not a lemon in sight

Well that was strangely uneventful and still satisfying despite the end result.
1st slot in EMEA (took a late lunch) and managed to be second on the road in qualy with the perfect slipstream from someone just a little bit slower than me. Pole position!!!:eek:

But I reckoned there were some quick drivers behind as the qualy seemed messy behind me.

Nevertheless I got out well and managed to lead for 7 laps but an early 2 secs gap was gradually being eroded by a train of 5 cars who didn't appear to be fighting too much.

Then I miss my braking at the final turn of lap 7 and down to P2 with 4 more cars right on me. I can tell the VW's tyres are starting to mean I have to adjust the braking points and by the time we get to the hairpin before the COD I get outbraked by the first chaser and am offline as we enter hell:banghead:. All 4 go past and really I couldn't do much about it or else I'd be in the wall. It was robust but clean, like one of these touring car races where one car gets just off line and a train goes through.

Anyway, 4 laps to go, P1 has checked out but the 5 of us will surely mix it up a bit and I can pick up the scraps. But no! Very clean and precise racing by all means we run a train all the way to line. P6 but as I said strangely satisfying to have a clean race. My one mistake was really costly, almost like IRL!

In a low B lobby (I got 50 points for 6th) it is unbelievable to have everyone up front hit their spots for virtually the whole race:boggled:

Back