2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
Well, slot 1 was a disaster. I skipped qualifying and started P20, carefully avoided the anticipated group scrapping and ghosted cars returning to the track until an FT-1 missed his braking point turn 4 and spins me. After I recovered, I was 6 secs behind P19 so race effectively over. I scraped some places back and finished 16th.

Slot 2 I switched to the Supra. Started 20th with TCS 5 to 'tank' my car in case surrounding drivers opted to sideswipe (one did but bounced and spinned himself off the track) or pit-maneuver instead of racing fair. Luckily, apart from that one guy, a steady and patient lobby this time that understood it's a long race with plenty of time to make up positions. I slot myself behind 6th until a Mazda that pit caught up lap 12. I was happy to concede rather than invite 9th to catch up. I didn't pit because I wasn't sure if increased pit times extended to this track and held on with pretty beaten up tyres to finish 8th/122p. I wanted to try the RX-V but decided to leave it there, that's enough dice rolling for today. :D

Last edited:
I usually run races once only but had to run this one 3 times.

CSA Slot 3, I've got caught out by dirty air on my qualy lap, put a wheel in the grass and spun, with no time to make it round again. Oopsie... :embarrassed: Q20 to P10. At least saved my DR. Decided to go again.

CSA Slot 4, qualified P13. Had a solid race to P7, until a guy decided to divebomb two cars at the same time in the final hairpin of the final lap. :banghead: As I was on the outside to have the inside for the final corner and he obviously pushed the 2 cars wide, I ended up off the track and finishing P12. :mad:

CSA final slot, qualified P9. Luckily, a clean race with no mistakes or incidents this time. Only issue was the Mexican ahead, which was lagging badly on one bar. That put me off and ended up losing his slipstream. Then spent most of the race not losing any time to the two cars ahead, but not being able to get closer either, as I didn't manage to save my tyres well enough. Same thing with the cars behind, gaps almost not changing throughout the race.

P5 at the end and 157 points. 👍 Not a great score but considering it was the last chance and looking at the calendar, only Laguna Seca sounds interesting to me from the remaining races, I wanted to get a decent result here.

PS_App_20210307_021810.jpeg

Last edited:
Raced 3 times tonight, had 3 really fun races. First one I blew my Qually lap and started P20, but ended up having a solid race and made it up to P6 by the end of the race. 2nd race I was up to top split, got a lap in this time and started P11, had another good race and made it up to P8 by the end this time. I knew I had a better Qually lap in me so I figured I’d try one more time. Ended up in top split again, but this time got a pretty good Q lap in, and wound up starting P3! :eek: My highest top split start to date. I was super nervous at the start of the race, but luckily I had a team mate starting right behind me in P4, and @KiepeYai starting P5, so I knew I didn’t have to worry about anyone doing anything silly behind me off the start. The start went well and the two aliens ahead of me started to pull away. That left me with about 9 laps to figure out how to hold of @kevinddr in his FT1, which is no small feat. I’m still not sure how I managed to stay ahead, but I did, and wound up with my first ever top split Podium finish. What a great night of racing it turned out to be, and to think, I was gonna skip the whole night because I didn’t like the track! :lol:

View attachment 996081
will you end up with two accounts receiving dr. S ratings for this season of nations races?

I’m not going to lie , this round broke me, i had good pace here and yet i scored 0 points, M6 was my weapon of choice because the rear don’t wear as much , i got ran wide on first lap the first 2 slots so i vowed to never stay around the outside again, 3rd slot came and i qualified 5th ,it was really great starting top 5 on top split alongside @Pigems , i just wanted to maintain that 5th and i got ran wide AGAIN , i started on the left side of the track this time so i couldn't hug the inside as i wanted, atleast the guy that ran me wide this time waited for me so i wouldn't feel alone running 19th place . , made my way back to 10th , but i knew i could score big here , so i went again on the 5th and last slot then this happened few seconds later everybody got kicked out, that's it , 0 for everyone

Last edited:
I struggled with qualifying on this round and I was placed in the back of the pack in each race I did. I qualified 14th on my third and final attempt. My goal was to get at least 5th, which was worth 154 points. It didn't seem likely at all from where I was starting, but you never know what can happen. @Jwptexas was in this lobby too and qualified on pole.

Got a good start off the line and I managed to stay out of the trouble that was taking place in front of me, as the cars ahead were packed like sardines and kept bumping each other. This allowed me to sneak through and gain some positions. I was 9th after the huge banked corner and everyone was beginning to spread out. What happens next I really can't put into words, so I'll show it instead. :lol:

I took 7th thanks to that bizarre incident. However, I unfortunately lose my momentum on lap 2 when I miss a braking point, dropping me to 13th. But other drivers made mistakes of their own as well afterward, and I recovered back to to 7th again halfway through the race. Then on lap 8, someone further up disconnects, so I automatically gain 6th. All that was within my immediate vicinity was another RX Vision and I focused on trying to catch up to it. Right at the start of lap 13, a Beetle that was in 4th spins out. Now in 5th, my goal was reached. On the final lap, the RXV I was chasing starts battling with 3rd and soon, I'm on top of both of them. I wasn't able to get past the pair though. But after the final corner, I passed @Jwptexas, who had slowed down to my surprise. (You really didn't have to do that. :embarrassed:) I won't deny that luck was a factor in this race, but I can't turn down jumping up 10 positions. :)

full

I was having trouble with my G29 autobraking, and cleaning didn't seem to help it, so I ended up swapping in a load cell from RICMOTECH (and swapped the clutch spring in for the throttle at the same time) yesterday morning.

After about 45 minutes of lapping, I was running laps close to my FP times before I switched the pedals, but I kept crashing every 4 or so laps when I released pressure from the trail braking too soon. I figured risking my main account wasn't a good idea, so I ran on my B/S alt account.

Qualified first in the GT, got a great start, was leading by 3 seconds coming into the big banky boi on lap 2 and pixel spun. I couldn't keep it on the track after that and ended up finishing DFL :scared: :lol:

I'm hoping I'll have it figured out by manu on Wednesday as I usually do pretty well at DTS.

Last edited:
(snip snip) I truly believe qualifying should be one car on the track at a time, or at least ghost all of the other players. Having to "race" while qualifying is ridiculous. But what do I know? (snip snip)

I have been following racing my whole life and often wondered why a lot of the "pack racing" series hold individual qualifications. That always seemed ridiculous because they race in packs - right?. However I do not agree with your idea of single car qualification or ghosting. I know your qualification attempt can (and often will) be ruined by others with this "pack" qualification style but that is a feature of the game I believe is good. Just my two cents.

Enjoy your racing!

It’s possible, though that wasn’t my intent. I have just enjoyed the last two races more than expected, so I wanted to keep racing, I didn’t expect to get good scores. :lol:
there are others running multiple accounts in nations exhibition season. One being a team mate of yours and one a NA top 5 Wtour vet. All of you also run manufacturers, obviously. The three of you might take 9 dr S badges. I think that sucks. I know dr S is a rank for the fastest competitors to have eligibility for Wtour events. But i also consider it a badge of accomplishment for others that have slim to no chance of making Wtour events. I have watched you over the past few years put your time into GTS and your results are impressive. Congratulations. You also give your time to help others improve their skills. You have given alot to the GTP community. Thank you. But it doesn't give you the right to play by your own rules because of your accomplishments. PD does have rules against multple account use in FIA series. I have participated in GTS FIA series since its inception a few years back. There were times that i ran multple accounts. I always made sure to stop using them if i was encroaching on the point threshold for a dr S badge. I would appreciate input from others on this topic. Thank you

This was not my favorite round. I couldn't find the groove for this track layout all night. i'm pretty good at the main track i could put time on the leaderboard. for some reason i'm pretty bad at this layout. i wasn't competitive i was too careful which slow me down even more, on top of that you have some drivers who who don't care for sportsmanship they would pull Illegal block, brake checking, and use you as a guardrail to make the corner...We were not having fun -_- still we manage to make it to the end tho it was a total grind.

Enjoy the Chaos...

there are others running multiple accounts in nations exhibition season. One being a team mate of yours and one a NA top 5 Wtour vet. All of you also run manufacturers, obviously. The three of you might take 9 dr S badges. I think that sucks. I know dr S is a rank for the fastest competitors to have eligibility for Wtour events. But i also consider it a badge of accomplishment for others that have slim to no chance of making Wtour events. I have watched you over the past few years put your time into GTS and your results are impressive. Congratulations. You also give your time to help others improve their skills. You have given alot to the GTP community. Thank you. But it doesn't give you the right to play by your own rules because of your accomplishments. PD does have rules against multple account use in FIA series. I have participated in GTS FIA series since its inception a few years back. There were times that i ran multple accounts. I always made sure to stop using them if i was encroaching on the point threshold for a dr S badge. I would appreciate input from others on this topic. Thank you

I do agree with some of what you’ve said, especially form a sportsmanship perspective.

Just for transparency I’m not sure who your talking about but yes there are players running multiple accounts and some even running in multiple regions.
As you will see below I have 2 accounts, 1 EMEA and 1 NA. The NA account is under 20 days old and has been set up so that I can race in the FIA as I just can’t make new EMEA time slots. FIA is the best part of sport mode imo so to race I’ve had to switch regions (rightly or wrongly) but I am only entering on that one account and I only race in 1 time slot.

Ok so on to the multiple accounts in the same region. Yes for the top tier drivers it can be used to essentially cheat by stopping the competition gaining points. However I don’t think that is happening and if it was to the point of affecting the world tour you’d expect pd would be hearing about it pretty quickly and hopefully doing something about it.

Your main argument seems to be over the S rank. Which is valid imo, an A+ driver holding 2 accounts at that level could take away an S from another driver no doubt.

However you state you run another account yourself but make sure you don’t encroach on the S rank so as not to take it from someone else. You fail to recognise that S rank is not the only goal for drivers entering the FIA season. Some may be looking to score 200points, 100points, 50 points, a top 10, a top 5, a podium, a win etc etc. We all have individual goals and by running another account you are affecting that race no matter what.

You may be taking away that achievement from that person without even realising it. On the flip side, just by being it that lobby you are essentially adding to the score on offer and thus you could actually being helping others in your lobby by boosting their points compared to what they would have received had you not been there. So it’s kind of swings and roundabouts a little.

With regards to “it’s against the rules”. Yes I believe it is but the rules aren’t exactly foolproof and pretty much only apply to world tour drivers. Essentially this is still a game at the end of the day especially with no prize money on offer.

A bigger problem imo is the points system in general. A low A / high B rank driver who does well can score more than a top A+ driver who finishes bottom 5. I think that breaks the whole ranking/scoring system and really until that is fixed it doesn’t really matter who’s doing what unless you really are at that world tour level.

As this current season is only exhibition, without doubt we are more likely to see players using additional accounts and/or playing in other regions. Once the official season starts I imagine the vast majority will disappear as usual.

In general though I do agree with your sentiment and those who are choosing to run multiple accounts should do so in a sporting manner :cheers:

I do agree with some of what you’ve said, especially form a sportsmanship perspective.

Just for transparency I’m not sure who your talking about but yes there are players running multiple accounts and some even running in multiple regions.
As you will see below I have 2 accounts, 1 EMEA and 1 NA. The NA account is under 20 days old and has been set up so that I can race in the FIA as I just can’t make new EMEA time slots. FIA is the best part of sport mode imo so to race I’ve had to switch regions (rightly or wrongly) but I am only entering on that one account and I only race in 1 time slot.

Ok so on to the multiple accounts in the same region. Yes for the top tier drivers it can be used to essentially cheat by stopping the competition gaining points. However I don’t think that is happening and if it was to the point of affecting the world tour you’d expect pd would be hearing about it pretty quickly and hopefully doing something about it.

Your main argument seems to be over the S rank. Which is valid imo, an A+ driver holding 2 accounts at that level could take away an S from another driver no doubt.

However you state you run another account yourself but make sure you don’t encroach on the S rank so as not to take it from someone else. You fail to recognise that S rank is not the only goal for drivers entering the FIA season. Some may be looking to score 200points, 100points, 50 points, a top 10, a top 5, a podium, a win etc etc. We all have individual goals and by running another account you are affecting that race no matter what.

You may be taking away that achievement from that person without even realising it. On the flip side, just by being it that lobby you are essentially adding to the score on offer and thus you could actually being helping others in your lobby by boosting their points compared to what they would have received had you not been there. So it’s kind of swings and roundabouts a little.

With regards to “it’s against the rules”. Yes I believe it is but the rules aren’t exactly foolproof and pretty much only apply to world tour drivers. Essentially this is still a game at the end of the day especially with no prize money on offer.

A bigger problem imo is the points system in general. A low A / high B rank driver who does well can score more than a top A+ driver who finishes bottom 5. I think that breaks the whole ranking/scoring system and really until that is fixed it doesn’t really matter who’s doing what unless you really are at that world tour level.

As this current season is only exhibition, without doubt we are more likely to see players using additional accounts and/or playing in other regions. Once the official season starts I imagine the vast majority will disappear as usual.

In general though I do agree with your sentiment and those who are choosing to run multiple accounts should do so in a sporting manner :cheers:
thanks for sharing your opinion and calling out my lack of empathy for the goals of others. I should be more considerate. Im under the assumption that results from this exhibition season will grant dr S badges for the official 2021 FIA season that runs for a good portion of the year. Is that the case?

thanks for sharing your opinion and calling out my lack of empathy for the goals of others. I should be more considerate. Im under the assumption that results from this exhibition season will grant dr S badges for the official 2021 FIA season that runs for a good portion of the year. Is that the case?

I’m going to go with yes it will however I’m not 100% sure.

Don’t take my response personally (apologies if I was direct) I was just pointing out that just because S rank is important you, even if your running another account below that, you may still be affecting others peoples goals.

I don’t enjoy adding a tonne of stress to my racing by chasing results. So the rankings points etc don’t really do anything for me especially as I see them as flawed. I take each race as it comes and hope to have some close racing with like minded people. For others I know that results and pushing themselves is what drives them so I fully understand where your coming from.

We’re all here to have fun at the end of the day.

:cheers:

Last edited:

Last season, the S rank was reset after each of the 4 rounds (every 10 races and 5 weeks, essentially).

I think the issue this time is exacerbated by the fact that only 2 rounds count. In the past, running an alt account didn't matter that much if you didn't run it every week since you wouldn't get enough scores to matter.

I am also not a big fan of the use of alts at the upper-levels, especially across regions. One of NA's finest, who frequently causes trouble in Top 16 races here, messed up Tidgney's race yesterday, just as another example. There's a well-known EMEA guy who was in every NA top split last week, too. The later slots of the top lobbies are rife with high-level alts, and they are often helping teammates to get better results, and that is an equity issue as well. Unfortunately, until PD re-states the rules or makes dishes out a high-level punishment, I think it will continue.

I say all of this after mentioning that I ran an alt last night -- essentially, for the purpose of practicing with new gear. In the end, I sucked so bad it didn't matter, but as Kermit said, I could've just as easily finished in the top 5 and removed someone else from their goal. It wasn't so long ago that I was working my way up through the ranks, and I'm sure I would've been annoyed if I knew my position was taken by someone on an alternate account. I think that was maybe the 3rd or 4th FIA race I've run on the alt. I don't think I ever ran it more than once in a season. I'll be thinking about this the next time I am wondering whether I should run the alt or not, though.

Got my time in the kart to 56 flat after 30 minutes and it was sort of fun. Then I went back to the Manufacturer race and I was screwed. Had to stop because I just couldn't race a group 3 car.

I was racing on the maggiore. I was all messed up for a bit. O like it in reverse now.

Who else is excited for these karts as much as I am? Brrrrrrrap!
Not I, tried them and since I use hood cam you get chase cam, change it to cockpit which is closest to what I use and you can't drive because the timer is far too low. Tried bumper and just couldn't get used to it, strange since I started on bumper and only changed to get rid of the mirror and give better side view. Didn't really enjoy the karts anyway.
So you lot have fun, but I'm steering clear.

Not I, tried them and since I use hood cam you get chase cam, change it to cockpit which is closest to what I use and you can't drive because the timer is far too low. Tried bumper and just couldn't get used to it, strange since I started on bumper and only changed to get rid of the mirror and give better side view. Didn't really enjoy the karts anyway.
So you lot have fun, but I'm steering clear.

Why would you not want the mirror? I wish every view had it.

Because it's too easy to be distracted by the guy behind, I get enough info from radar and other clues that I can drive cleanly (OK I make mistakes, but we all do) but I don't do stupid things because the guys sitting on my bumper. If you get a dirty driver it can be a negative point, but against clean drivers it helps me. If there was a switch for mirror I'd use it, but I feel overall I do better without it. I do have review on L1 and square so it's not like I ever have an issue about see those behind me.

Second venture into FIA racing, first time in the Nations Cup. Chose the 4C since that's what I was fastest with in practice out of all my Group 3 cars. All DR-B lobby. Qualified 18th after being punted off course twice. Finished 18th out of 18 (surprisingly, my only offs were my own fault) after two disconnects, dropping me closer to DR-C where I believe I truly belong.

I truly believe qualifying should be one car on the track at a time, or at least ghost all of the other players. Having to "race" while qualifying is ridiculous. But what do I know?

Either way, best of luck to the rest of the FIA competitors...I doubt you'll see me again LOL.

I always hang back to get a clear track. About 90% of the lobby swarm out as one. It annoys me when I go but then a car pulls out of it's pit just ahead. :banghead:
I usually get half decent results in qualifying because of it. Just another strategy call for you to make.

Mirrors on a kart would slow you down. :P

I’m not going to lie , this round broke me, i had good pace here and yet i scored 0 points, M6 was my weapon of choice because the rear don’t wear as much , i got ran wide on first lap the first 2 slots so i vowed to never stay around the outside again, 3rd slot came and i qualified 5th ,it was really great starting top 5 on top split alongside @Pigems , i just wanted to maintain that 5th and i got ran wide AGAIN , i started on the left side of the track this time so i couldn't hug the inside as i wanted, atleast the guy that ran me wide this time waited for me so i wouldn't feel alone running 19th place . , made my way back to 10th , but i knew i could score big here , so i went again on the 5th and last slot then this happened few seconds later everybody got kicked out, that's it , 0 for everyone

Sorry for the turn1 incident. I had a good exit and then I noticed everyone in front of you not going as fast. I tried to get off throttle and turn sharper but it was too late. everyone is so aggressive on getting a good result it's hard to race smart and have a good race.

Race 1 (slot 3) - Got thrown into top split. Got me excited. Qualified P8 which I was very happy for. Then I pushed kiepeYai wide in T1 (sorry). Waited for him to pass because he didn't go far off track, last 3 or 4 spots. I got dive bombed in the rear a few laps later and that put me at the back of the pack. Crawled my way back up to 14th after binning it on the exit of the last corner.

Race 2 (slot 4) - dc'd at race entry screen.

Race 3 (slot 5) - raced with people who HAVE to make a move on every corner. Went 2 and 3 wide far too often in the fast S section. Pushed off track multiple times. The last 5 laps calmed down and I was able to get in my groove. Caught up to a pack of 4 cars by the last lap but made small off tracks all the way there. Could of had a top 10 finish without those small errors. Finished p11 for a miserable 92 points.

Last edited:
Back