2019 FIA Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by bduddy, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Tassie_tiger

Tassie_tiger

Yeh, maybe they have put Oceania 12 hours later instead of 12 hours earlier.
    Therefore we are the 30th with the rest on the 29th.

Or maybe it's a moblie/App error.
    Because here's what I see on my desktop PC as I look through the regions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They all say the 30th to me - Aus/Japan/US/UK/Brasil.
    Unless it recognises my time-zone, even though I'm not signed in, and therefore it tells me the 30th for them all. :confused:

Again, is no-one actually currently playing to confirm the races are on the 29th?

Anyway, good luck to everyone if it turns out it's race day.
    I'm off to do some driving. :p

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  2. Pipodeclown

Pipodeclown

I'm in for the manufacturers starting in 15 :)

Tassie_tiger likes this.
  3. LogSwapper

LogSwapper

I had already chosen Ferrari and now I couldn’t get back into manufacturer practice without choosing a manufacturer. Even the game is like “Ferrari, really? Maybe you should reconsider..”.:)

But yeah, seems like the races are on today. Waiting to be matched right now. Weird.

Lost Sheltie, The Cake and Winnie847 like this.
  4. mclarenLB

mclarenLB

So uhh, It appears the races are indeed happening tonight... Guess I'm streaming...

F4H Super GT and Tassie_tiger like this.
  5. EL_ZISSOU

EL_ZISSOU

Good evening my name a Borat, reporting live from US and A.

Attached Files:

SpecMiata-JSW and Tassie_tiger like this.
  6. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor

Man this is going to mess up a few leagues methinks.

7. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

Porsche 996 '01 is faster with no ABS and Brake balance setted to +5. Seems that the F50 too.

The Cake and 05XR8 like this.
  8. Winnie847

Winnie847

I'm not sure how I can explain it in more detail, but all you gotta do is change the power low enough to meet N300, you literally can't do anything else to it because once you lock that in, BOP does all the rest. You aren't in control of the power or weight, you just have to ensure your power is in the RANGE of N300 and it does all the rest. The power and weight is decided by the game. You only have to "upgrade" with mileage points if the car you want to use is let's say N500 (Ferrari F50). Upgrading it allows you to tune down the power to N300, but as soon as you lock that in, the game changes the BOP accordingly, which includes power and weight. You literally have no say in what the power or weight settings are. As far as the power band goes, who knows, who cares, you have no choice, but I assume that de-tuning an F50 to N300 isn't going to get the best performance out of that car, but it will still be fast for N300.

F4H Super GT likes this.
  9. Winnie847

Winnie847

Man, if the Americas races really are tonight, that pisses me off. I've planned my week around racing on Wednesday and working all day today. I won't be able to get home until around 19:30, so that doesn't give me much time at all to practice and I'll only get one shot I think. Probably won't even have the chance to do both Nations and MFG. This is pretty ridiculous of them to change this at the last minute.

KONTRAone and Dezcom like this.
  10. Twissy

Twissy Premium

Yep this schedule has ballsed me up royally

11. HERE4BEER3

HERE4BEER3

I am in game, first race starts in 4 hours, green "Today's Events" marker, todays date etc.

No schedule change notification when you launch the game though. I'd be interested to hear the reasons behind this, and hopefully the fastest drivers don't get the memo :)

Tassie_tiger and richroo like this.
  12. Lost Sheltie

Lost Sheltie

Yep, just doing the race at the moment. In a higher level than normal due to nobody realising what is going on.

In the Manufacturers race I was introduced to horrible tyre wear and understeer. I messed up my 2nd flying lap at the esses so started way down the field. Race was just a bit of a mess being tapped by a few different drivers so never really managed to do much. Shuffled up the field and then back down again on my 1 stop on Mediums. Not sure if 2 stops on Softs work better but don't really fancy struggling through another race with that much tyre wear so 14th and 600 odd points will have to do.

Nations was surprisingly more fun as I ended up being the cork in the bottle. Guy in 1st had a shifter so he disappeared off into the distance, and then 3 others in front of me managed to get away. Then it was just me and the 10 people behind me for the final 7 laps, so turned into a massive struggle by me not to make any mistakes and let anyone past. Was great fun racing with fair drivers so I managed to hold on for 5th :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    Schosse, Tassie_tiger and richroo like this.
  13. Winnie847

Winnie847

I'm not even sure if it's going to be worth it for me to even try to compete in this season if half the races are going to be on Tuesdays. As it was, I already had a hard enough time making the Wednesday races because I work every other Wednesday until about 7pm. So even on all the past seasons I participated in, I never got any practice right before Wednesday's races and I usually had to choose one, MFG or Nations. I know I could have performed better with more practice and I was hoping I would be able to make that happen this season with better planning/scheduling. Looks like that is out the window because I have to work every Tuesday no matter what, so all my practice for one race will have to be before hand, and I will only get a few minutes to warm up every Wednesday night. Way to go PD.

KONTRAone likes this.
  14. rono_thomas

rono_thomas Premium

PD you *****. Well thats that for me. Cant rearrange schedule.

richroo likes this.
  15. O604

O604

Not that I know anything but I think they have to let those expecting the race tomorrow to race tomorrow. All the documentation has Wednesday, 30 January as the date.

Probably just an error. Since the rule changed that only the last race counts on multiple tries. Not sure it changes anything as long as they keep the scheduled race tomorrow.

The Cake likes this.
  16. Famine

Famine Administrator

I've just done the first Nations Cup race. I'm about to do the first (well, second slot) Manufacturer Series race.

richroo and Tassie_tiger like this.
  17. watto79

watto79

Wait, its happening now?! When did that change? Did PD just change it and not announce it?
    I'll try and jump into a later race but may miss this now. And I did loads of practice to get to grips with the new car :confused:

18. 05XR8

05XR8

I was still practicing around those times. So, no go from what I saw.

Current time this morning
    IMG_6449.JPG

Tassie_tiger likes this.
  19. KONTRAone

KONTRAone

:confused:

I'm just baffled as to why PD does the things that they do... they got us used to a steady wednesday/friday schedule for almost a year only to change it out of nowhere with no warning or precedent? And not only that but it seems they also slid the time slots back two hours so that the last slot is at a very early 9pm in the eastern US. That means that our friends on the west side have until 6pm to get their races in!!!
    So are they deliberately trying to exclude and alienate their adult player base or is this some kind of early april fools joke in very poor taste?

bloodyboyblue and Winnie847 like this.
  20. Tassie_tiger

Tassie_tiger

Race day it is then. :lol:
    Very confusing for me, probably due to time-zones.
    Plus I thought the Asia/Oceania races were always on first regarding each round. :confused:

Well what a mess.
    Something has gone horribly wrong with either the website or the servers to have announced race day is the 30th but hold them on the 29th.

Someone somewhere needs to go stand in the naughty corner. :dunce:

richroo likes this.
  21. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190129190734.jpg So reckon this is messed up. I got from 17:00 to 45:00

O604 likes this.
  22. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

I'm guessing that means they've scheduled it for same times tomorrow

banckzy likes this.
  23. Pfei

Pfei Premium

Looks like they are indeed moving to Tuesday and Friday, but it seems they have now pushed back the first race to Wednesday. This page was showing today earlier. It's now showing Wednesday, with round 3,5,7, etc on Tuesdays.

Screenshot_20190129-161506.png

24. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

Yeah looks like they've been scheduled for tomorrow as well
    PS_Messages_20190129_191759.jpg PS_Messages_20190129_191803.jpg

25. HERE4BEER3

HERE4BEER3

4300hrs? What dimension is this?

bduddy, The Cake, richroo and 3 others like this.
  26. banckzy

banckzy

I’m gonna guess we have both days to compete in the first round??

Loving the tuned down f50 by the way... what a beast

The Cake likes this.
  27. bloodyboyblue

bloodyboyblue

Now I’m glad, since I had free time this afternoon, I jumped on with my Euro account and did both races...since apparently the American races are back to normal/tomorrow again.

28. vvise

vvise

I think someone is getting fired. Up until just a moment ago it showed"4hrs remaining" etc... but now it's back to saying it's tomorrow.

Now the in game is showing "1 days remaining"

It seems like someone accidentally released some races today and now they're trying to undo the damage.

29. Venster

Venster

On the calendar it’s says the next race is on Saturday, then from next week Tuesday and Friday?

30. KONTRAone

KONTRAone

First round has been changed back to wednesday in N.A. but the rest of the season still shows tuesday/friday...
    if they are doing two days per round then thats fine, but they'd have to do something like 3 slots per day or let us run for best results again to encourage a good player count in each slot.
    And they NEED to adjust the time slots in North America... at the very least move it back by 2 hrs again, if not more. Its simply not fair to our friends in the west.

Love2Wheels and Winnie847 like this.