2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
Well that was brutal. One-and-done, not at all accustomed to having half the field of cars in a near-constant battle throughout the race.

Qualifying wasn't great. I only got one shot because I slowed going through the final sector on the outlap like the cars in front to maintain the gap, but then had a poor run onto the home straight with someone who didn't respect the gap right behind me. I just quit back to the pits and then had to frantically try to set something. I really don't like the qualifying being this short again...

I started P14 and finished P16 for 66 points trying the no-stop. I was hoping the pack would thin out to allow me to move up when the pit stops started, but all that happened was the people further up pitting back into the chaos, so it just surrounded me the whole way. I would have finished P18 if not for a French and Belgian taking each other out at the upward right-hander on the final lap.

I might be too passive in my efforts to race clean; it felt like I was losing positions all over the place, whilst some crazy dives were going unpenalised. :confused:

Last edited:
Went again. Started 12th, had an enjoyable recovery drive to 13th after being shovelled off through turn three on lap 2. I want to try again because I'm enjoying this car, but I'm still miles off the pace and I've been driving all day and my knee hurts. Oh well.

I might be too passive in my efforts to race clean; it felt like I was losing positions all over the place, whilst some crazy dives were going unpenalised.

I feel that is the exact reason I am not advancing my DR. It seems to me when I do get a little aggressive my penalties go through the roof and then I don't feel good after the race. Guilt I guess . . . something I need to loose if I were to care about if I were to start caring about my DR and become a real GT racer.

Very good video of your racing and the race.

Enjoy your racing!

Did the race for a second time. Managed to qualify 3rd with a time of 1:34.127. Could have gotten 1:33s, as I went a bit wide on the last corner.

The race was really fun though. P2 pitted on the 6th lap. He did manage to come back up to P3. It seems that one stop is the better strategy as long as you can keep it clean.

Started P3 finished P2. Quite happy with the result.

IMG-20201128-WA0017.jpeg

Last edited:
Given my current obsession with the GR Yaris, the Season 2 Nations season opener seemed too good for me to miss out on. After managing one test lobby on a no-stopper, and later improving my FP times with the help of @Mistah_MCA's guide, I entered the 14:00 slot with a new personal best of 1:33.366 added to my belt.

14:00
Later found out that this was in the same lobby as @ionstriker, so great to see you on the track! :)

Qualifying went relatively incident-free. After dropping to the very back of the queue on my out lap, I first set a 1:34.675 on brake balance +5, then a 1:34.548 to go 9th fastest ahead of the Belgian 'wifi password' guy. This I hadn't expected with the high tyre wear, but the lack of traffic (save for a Frenchman who had re-entered and exited the pits towards the start of my first lap), probably helped me out a lot. Pole was only 4 and three-quarter tenths away...

Had a good launch off the grid, pulling well clear of 'wifi password' and covering as much of the inside as I can. Going into Turn 1, there is a row of three cars all trying to squeeze each other into the apex. The green car furthest on my left pushes me and 'wifi password' out to dry, somehow not getting a penalty, and in turn allowing a Russian driver to take another place from me. Fell to 12th by the end of the lap, got mugged between the wind turbines and the final corner on the next and between Laps 3-4 I started getting connection issues which saw the grid around me acting very strangely. Had to back off just in case I got collected, and ended up sitting second-to-last as 'wifi password' gets a good run on the back straight.

On Lap 4, a Frenchman dives up my inside at the wind turbines; later on, he and proceeds to force me onto the grass as I try to get the slipstream past him into Turn 1. Despite this, we gain a couple of places due to others going off at Turn 8, and before long we are at the tail of a long queue for 12th. Smacked the barrier at Turn 6 so lost a bit of time, but eventually climbed back up to 15th at the expense of the one-stoppers. My front tyres were in slightly better condition than those of the Spaniard up ahead, so the next few laps were spent catching up to and passing him into Turn 1. The British driver in 12th was struggling even more, his times dropping to around a second slower than my high 1:36s-low 1:37s.

Had a poorer run through Turn 8 on the penultimate lap, so had no choice but to concede 13th to the Spaniard and let him have a shot at my British compatriot. The result is that we end up three-wide as the Swiss driver on the one-stop tries to follow the Spaniard through; I took to the outside, knowing that them squabbling would give me the chance to try and pass all of them under braking. While this resulted in me getting squeezed out by the Spaniard, I made up for that by diving down the inside of him at Turn 5. Harried the other Brit right up to the line, eventually finishing 14th on the road just 48 hundredths behind.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201128143743.png

16:40
After gathering notes and making a few adjustments to my livery (which will be released as soon as I get the gradients on the driver's side door right), I next entered the 16:40, which turned out to be in the same lobby as @Hasnain282.

Again, qualifying was fairly solid. Hasnain and I waited for the queue to clear before we set out on our runs; my times were a 1:34.841 and a 1:34.806 respectively, the latter of which was only good enough to put me in 14th this time. Had I not gone in too deep at the final S-bend on the first lap, I might have been able to extract a bit more as I ended up setting a purple second sector. By comparison, Hasnain started 7th with a 1:34.447, so I'm pleased that my times for the 14:00 weren't far off his pace.

Wasted a demon start by again hitting the barrier at Turn 6, the impact this time sending me into a quarter-spin. Picked up a track limits penalty coming out of the final S-bend which did not help my frustration, but gradually climbed back up the order as others quit, pitted or had other mishaps. Set consistent 1:35s and 1:36s to catch up with the trio of cars fighting for 13th, before diving past the Hungarian on Lap 9 as he served a penalty near the turbines. Found myself in a similar situation to the last race with the Italian camouflage car, which I cleanly dispatched at Turn 1 two laps later.

By this point, Hasnain (who got pushed down early on and was on the one-stop) was not far behind and running faster on fresher rubber. Knowing that he was going to have to pass me sooner or later, I spared him the hassle of fighting by letting him through on the approach to Turn 4. Up ahead, a Russian gets squeezed into the Turn 6 barrier and slots between us; I slip by when he goes wide and does a bit of rallycrossing on the exit of Turn 11. Ultimately finished 14th on the road, which became 13th when another Russian received a track limits penalty shortly after clearing the turbines.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201128171739.png

Still, got some clean passes and consistent lap times out of those. Glad that Mistah_MCA's guides have come in handy once more. I'm open to doing the 19:20 slot, but will see how I feel within the next hour.

Last edited:
I might be too passive in my efforts to race clean; it felt like I was losing positions all over the place, whilst some crazy dives were going unpenalised. :confused:

To me, this is why when someone’s close I don’t trust to race right, I always do the conventional defense of the inside.
It slows you down, but it prevents the diving in, and prevents your exposure to penalties.
I mean many players if they have a run coming into a braking zone or turn will dive 109 percent of the time, so I pull inside on the straight, not affecting their momentum, then match their braking, I’m not trying to late brake just match them, and there’s nothing they can do, it’s better than letting them dive

Okay. Well that went completely different to how I expected.

Door number 20 (am I right in thinking that means I have the least DR in the lobby?), so I’m thinking “here we go, backmarker time”.

Enter quali with a “sod it I’ll be slowest attitude”. 1st timed lap I produce a better lap than I had in practice, a 1:35.5.
This ends up being pole by a tenth!

So now I’ve gone from ‘relax and have fun’ to “oh s**t, I could win this!”

Blinding start from pole, no contact in to turn 1, leading at the end of the lap.

This was the beginning of the end!
2nd passed me lap 2, 3rd passed me lap 3

Having not really prepared and not being any good at tyre or fuel management, it seems I was scrubbing the tyres far too much.
Midway through lap 6 I binned it in the most inconspicuous place, the straight with two kinks that starts after the downhill right. Damn and blast.

I’ve had some stupid and embarrassing crashes on this game but this one really took the biscuit.

Pit for new tyres and I come out in 15th.
Spent the rest of the race fighting in the midfield and come out 11th.

If I ignore the abject disappointment of my own stupid mistakes then it was a fun clean race considering the car and track combo. Not an easy one for my level.

Bit of a tech noob but will try to get a replay up of my kamikaze wall smash so you can all have a laugh at my expense!

Now excuse me while I go bang my head against the wall......

To me, this is why when someone’s close I don’t trust to race right, I always do the conventional defense of the inside.
It slows you down, but it prevents the diving in, and prevents your exposure to penalties.
I mean many players if they have a run coming into a braking zone or turn will dive 109 percent of the time, so I pull inside on the straight, not affecting their momentum, then match their braking, I’m not trying to late brake just match them, and there’s nothing they can do, it’s better than letting them dive
That's what happened in my race. It's like the one time I went defensive because I HAD TO MAKE THE CORNER! I mean, the way the Yaris corners at T4, I had the trajectory to make the corner and a car behind is trying to take that inside while I'm at the apex. I had to shut the door on that one and literally said out loud, "C'mon, Man. I have to make the corner.". No penalty for me or the other car.

Anyway, I'm enjoying Free Practice with the Evo & WRX.

Last edited:
I just ran a 1:34.6 in my third lap of a test race. Probably the best guesstimate of a qualifying session run with tire wear.

Not sure if I’ll race as I am here to ask if that is even a decent lap?

As some plans fell through tonight, I’ll probably give it a go. I like this car on dirt, but asphalt is another question. It’s very obvious it is not a racing car.

The other thing is it helps teach a lesson to overaggressive drivers. Plus it’s funny. I’m talking just simple conventional straightforward protecting the inside-no swerves nothing arcade...Moving over assertively WAY EARLY ON THE STRAIGHT IN ONE MOVEMENT.
It’s important to know if they force you to track limits inside being a real jerk about it you can brake check, and if they move back to the racing line at the braking area you’re fine to follow them back to prevent them from getting the run, however it’s polite to always leave a cars width when you do that.
Most players on NA can’t figure this out. It’s pretty funny when you get the hang of it.
You’re just saying “ok man now what”
What I’ve seen a lot in B race this week is you get that guy you know THAT guy behind you whose gonna try to dive in after you’ve already turned in and go for the ridiculous arcade barge pass...
Well, if you simply cover off the inside early, one benefit to yourself is most times those people realize too late that by forcing the guy ahead into defense it now slows both down. If I’m defensive that’s fine by me I’m ahead. What’s funny is when the pack swallows up the guy behind who was too aggressive and didn’t know how to deal with a simple fair defense.
Ive had that happen so many times on B race, because most players that will dive every time aren’t thinking about what’s behind them, which at times is more players who will dive every time!! I must say it can be quite funny when you prevent a guy from diving and the guy behind THEM dives on them. Usually they get all tangled and you can get away scot free to chase.

Cheers

Last edited:
Manufacturers - RBR Short Gr.4

I re-signed for Dodge, since I didn't want to deal with driving an unfamiliar car on top of having to contend with my inflated DR tossing me into more difficult lobbies. Sure enough, races 2-4 was as disastrous as expected. I got demolished in both qualifying and race.

ihydDRv.jpg

Strategy: 10M-13S

Qualifying sucked, though at least I didn't start last like in races 3 and 4. I immediately gained one place from a Toyota that missed the braking point at turn 2 and went from 9th to 18th. The first stint was basically about trying to stay ahead of the backmarkers. I ended up getting hit with turn 1 track penalties on lap 6 and 10, with the latter penalty costing me 3 places dropping me to 15th, forcing me into the pits to attempt an undercut.

The undercut failed, leaving me 2.5 seconds adrift of the Orange FFF Huracan in 14th. I slipped to 17th as the race wore on, but a pack of 4 was fighting up ahead of me. The 4-way fight would boil over on lap 21 when a Porsche in Ferrari colours braked too late into turn 1 and bumped the yellow Ferrari ahead wide. The Porsche ended up eating a whopping 4 second penalty while I mugged the vulnerable Ferrari. One lap later, I slipped past the no-stop pink NSX responsible for holding the pack up, finishing 14th for 87 points. Not great, but at least the points are decent.
klYJgfa.jpg
OgKSjiD.jpg
ccnkoj9.jpg

Race pictures:
zjcwUMv.jpg
S4ZzFQz.jpg
Op9ZEFQ.jpg
odJI5kL.jpg

And a video of aforementioned yellow Ferrari going s️Binnala at turn 2:

Nations - GR Yaris spec race

oWJl9kO.jpg

Strategy: 6S-7S

Races 1 and 2 were wasted on trying to make the no-stop work, so I went for Race 3. For some reason, I just could not get anywhere close to my TT time of 1:34.4 in qualifying, having to settle for 15th. Not like it mattered, because I got spun out and the culprit somehow avoided a penalty.
aWDfjzS.jpg

The spin left me fighting the other backmarkers for the rest of the first stint. Me outbraking myself at turn 1 and losing multiple places certainly did not help matters, though it did give me a front row seat to three stooges making complete fools out of themselves:

Keep in mind that this was an A rank lobby.

2 laps later, I pitted for fresh tyres. I was looking at a decent result until I got slammed by the same red car that spun me out on lap 1. He had just left the pits to start lap 9 and intentionally turned into me at turn 1 to stop me from taking his place. AND I GOT THE SR DOWN FOR THAT.

Here is the montage of my 3 encounters with him, just to make it abundantly clear what sort of driver he is:

Needless to say, I was absolutely furious with his shoving antics (and I was even more furious after watching the replay and realising that he had spun me out without a penalty). The only reason I didn't ram him off the face of the earth was because the ensuring penalty and time loss would almost certainly cost me my target position of 13th.

I would end up finishing ahead of my target by just barely managing to steal 12th away from a no-stopper at the finish line for 97 points:
paPw7tf.jpg

AZee93H.jpg

I was happy with my points, despite the dirty driver. That being said, I still have an axe to grind with that damned red comet.

Race photos:
gVadXTd.jpg
SLBQbCB.jpg
UVIGacY.jpg
wggWl96.jpg

Last edited:
Rank 7 practice time worldwide and I had an absolute mare. First slot I qualified 4th in top split and got taken out at T1 which demoted me to last, ended up 15th or so. I went again in slot 3 and my wheel disconnected right in the middle of my qualifying lap so I had to start from the back. Not even halfway through the race I was up in P9 and it disconnected again to seal the deal... I parked the car in the pits after that and didn't bother to go again. 2100 DR in the bin... onto Maggiore West then. :indiff:

Okay. Well that went completely different to how I expected.

Midway through lap 6 I binned it in the most inconspicuous place, the straight with two kinks that starts after the downhill right. Damn and blast.

I just did the same thing practicing for this race... although my pace is much worse than yours. Idk if that helps.

19:20 Nations
Committed to my third and final slot after extracting more qualifying pace during @Tidgney's practice lobby. Got matched with @Lost Sheltie and set a 1:34.237 on my first tour; my best quali lap to date. Though I was not able to improve in the first two sectors and had to pull over near pit entry to let others through, this was good enough to start 9th, around eight tenths off the pole-sitting Frenchman.

Despite losing one place, the first lap went well until another British driver (the same green, red and white car from the last two lobbies) made a last-minute dive up the inside of Turn 4. This was just as I was in the process of taking the inside line, and I immediately thought there was no way he was going to make it work without punting me or any of the cars on my right. Suffice to say, he proceeded to shove me into the side of Lost Sheltie (who got a 1-second penalty for contact with a nearby Spaniard), costing me a lot of momentum. It didn't help either that while I was focused on looking after the tyres, several drivers were eager to attack and take a few more places away. Coupled with a track limits penalty (which looked more questionable in replays showing that I still had at least one tyre behind the blue line), and the downward spiral began anew.

Much of the race thereafter was spent fighting a group of Spaniards, a Union Jack car and a Norwegian entry near the back. Too much time was lost getting stuck behind these, but I eventually passed the Norwegian around the outside of Turn 1 and fought off his attempts to retake what was 16th. This became 14th in the space of two laps when another Frenchman and one of the Spaniards crashed heavily at Turn 6 in separate incidents. Caught up and passed the Union Jack Yaris just before the final lap, giving me eight more points to round off the day's work.

Interestingly, I don't think anyone pitted during that race.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201128195735.png

Loving the Yaris even more with its performance on Sport Softs; it bodes well for @El_Beardo's Showdown next Sunday. Despite the chaotic and at times desperate racing I witnessed throughout all three slots, I'm really happy with how the car drives and the lap times I was setting in practice and qualifying. Great to see @ionstriker and @Hasnain282 earlier, and glad that Lost Sheltie was able to salvage something decent after that penalty he received on Lap 1.

Not a mess, but a frustrating race. Probably the only guy to get a clean bonus in that race. Qualified one spot ahead of @afc5150 and a few ahead of @KosmoKazi. A fun race. Really felt the tire wear hindered some more on track action, as we could’ve run maybe a harder tire or a lower wear rate.

I say picture the old Indy Racing League at Texas, and that’s kinda what 10th-last was pretty much.

Ended up 12th in a race I was okay with. It was all about track position and overtaking while plentiful, was difficult to move up the grid.

@KosmoKazi, did you pit?

Last edited:
I'm calling this a one and done. Race was more stressful than fun for me. Like @Tidgney said on his stream, this round is more about tire management than racing.

I had a decent qualy time and started P10. Got a good start off the line and moved up to P7 or 8 in the first few turns. But then the first couple of laps turned into what I was afraid it would be lots of pushing and lunging. I didn't fight any of the lunges as I knew this race was going to be all about taking care of the tires and keeping the car stable. The last thing I wanted is to put myself in the gravel or a barrier being stupid when these people would probably eventually come back to me as the race went on.

After about L3 I was rather surprised when things settled down and the racing became very clean. I was in tight quarters several times and everyone around me gave space to each other. I pitted L6. It seemed that about half the field did a one-stop and the other half did a no-stop. And much like I expected from a mid-low B lobby, the people on a no-stop couldn't manage the tire wear. I overtook at least three people trying the no-stop after my pit stop. All in all, I ran much faster my second stint as traffic was much less congested and I was able to run my own race more. I did end up yielding a position L12 to a guy who overcut me and his fresher tires gave him better pace the last few laps.

At the end of it all, I crossed the line in P8 with 54 pts and CRB. I don't really need to do this combo again, I'm good. :cheers:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20201128153808.jpg

Last edited:
full

One go at this round is enough for me. The starts of these kind of races are just way too unpredictable for my liking. Feels like I could get taken out at any moment. I'm surprised I walked away with a CRB, because there was definitely contact between me and others. The big highlight of my race was witnessing a deliberate dive bomb on lap 6 at the sharp right-hand corner before the uphill section, giving me two positions. I also went with the no stop and saw a few people pit. The highest position I reached was 7th on lap 8, but I started falling back after that. I did my best to avoid battling with others to not kill my tires. Considering I went in with less than an hour of practice, I'm fine with 10th. Gained 9 DR too. :lol:

I have no idea about the Evo. Raced in a Daily maybe once or twice at Interlagos. The car was recently very good at DTG II Race C. WRX is just good everywhere.
The benefit of the WRX 6-speed, looks to aid in uphill acceleration. Other than that, the Evo is more sports car than the WRX. Sharp transitions with Evo steering, where the WRX has supreme suspension dampening. I'm determined to make the Evo a competitive choice.

En8qGQ6VgAAtlI7

Last edited:
2020/21 Exhibition Series - Season 2 - Round 1
Nations Cup
Race #1 - Toyota GR Yaris 1st Edition RZ “High Performance” ’20 (THAT'S A MOUTHFULL!)
Sardegna - Road Track - B

I love a good $#%&-box race! Though it was a bit disappointing to see that the new car in the game was only this new RZ Toyota, I really do like a good spec race, and Sardegna is one of my favorite tracks. I've had some decent results there in the past, too, in the FIA seasons.

Was on the verge of losing my "A" DR status, before this race, so was hoping for a solid result.

Ran in the first slot-- totally blew a flyer of a qualifying lap by dropping a wheel on the penultimate turn, on a really good lap, too... but with the 5:00 session times, that's all it takes. My A-Rating was clearly in jeopardy Started DFL in that one, and after being held up a bit by one guy that's caused a little trouble in the past, worked my way up to a solid 11th without a pit stop. Me, @HaydenFan69 , and @afc5150 finished in order, both of them bearing down on my as my tires were totally gone by the end. The 11th place meant I kept by A rating, thank goodness, though just barely. Was pretty happy with that result, but I knew I could do better, so I jumped in the next slot.

Assigned #20 in that lobby, I went out and put myself on pole with my first lap, 0.200 ahead of second place... then on my second lap, I was going to pad that by a significant amount, when the guy who was in 2nd qualifying position binned it (right where I did in the first race, ironically) and came back onto the track in front of me, causing contact. I ended up losing pole by 0.032 seconds... that clearly cost me the pole. I wanted it badly, too.

But was glad for a chance to do much better than the first race, and indeed I did end up 4th, after again no-stopping. Turns out, the pace at the front demands the pit stop, as I lost out to the three guys that pitted ahead of me. Though, in fairness, I had fallen to 4th before the stops, so maybe it's a wash. I was trying to save my tires, though, so in the end, I think the pit stop is the way to go from the top of the grid. (I'd say from the back of the grid, no-stop is fine- just avoid the dicey stuff and save your tires.)

All in all, a really fun race, and a great start to the new season, though I was so close to a podium again! It's been a while! The 1000 or so DR gave me a nice cushion above the A rating line again, so that was a nice relief as well.

8142578501491393024_0.jpg

Toyota GR Yaris 1st Edition RZ “High Performance” ’20
Qualified: 2nd
Race Finish: 4th (139 pts)
Door #20 (about 1000 DR)

Last edited:
I was excited about this Nations race because of the Yaris. A short explanation: In late 1999, i purchased my first new car, a 2000 Toyota Echo, which was what Yaris was called in the US. I was also playing Gran Turismo 2, my first GT game. I loved that I could drive real cars, and especially my car. It was called the Vitz in Gran Turismo, the Japanese name for it. Anyway I drove that car for 14 years, and kept playing Gran Turismo. Now we've come full circle.
Anyway, I like Sardegna B as well, so I had a good feeling. Qualified 4th, trying to do a no-stop and was falling off badly by lap 9. Called an audible, got some new tires, came back to finish 6th. Kicking myself for not running a 1-stop, pitting lap 7 or so, but it was a fun nostalgic race.

Last edited:
What a disgusting garbage exhibition of racing. And now that I covered my performance, the other drivers weren't great either.

Had a solid lobby with @05XR8 and @ShiftingGears as well as other familiar faces. Thought I left plenty of room in qualifying, but ended up right on the tail of a guy coming down the hill. Pass them, screw up the turn to start up the hill, they pass me back, but they to take the whole rest of the lap on the outside. Despite my best efforts I ended up nudging them wide. Ugh, thus begins the hate.

I get an ok start at p11, drop to p12, but just trying to settle in, where. I get nuked by someone from way back who misses the braking point. Down to p18 with dead tires. I crawl back a bit and get in some racing, but a couple of small mistakes put me back with my qualifying 'buddy' who proceeds to nudge me or push me wide to get by every chance they get. Then fail to take the final turn and stop in the middle of the track, causing me to scramble for evasive action. That about sums it up. I make my own mistake and hit the wall coming down the hill. Pretty much just give up and 🤬 about to finish the laps till the race finishes, a solid DFL.

What a hateful car. And lobby. Hope you guys get a better experience. I like the track but that combo is just ugly.:yuck:
Not a fan of this car....'Nuff said.

Don't like the car, don't like the track (those tiny half-curbs are a crime!), gonna call taking 7th from 6th with 6 on my door a success considering I ran wide into the gravel and dirtied up my tires (falling from 4th to 8th) in the middle of the race. Gained 500 or so DR in the process. Bring on Maggiore and the rally cars.

Last edited:
I've put way too many miles into this Yaris over the week... it's paid off though after finishing 2nd in the third slot top split. My best race I've had to date after botching qualifying in the first slot top split felt I should have got pole then 2nd slot qualifying on pole but had a rough time with a dirty driver. It's a shame cause I've been qualifying well all week with 33.5xx

Decided to go again and qualified on pole again with 1:33.9xx bit slower but good enough. Started to run away with this one 2+ second gap by lap 6 when I decided to pit instead of saving the tires, came out in 8th place and had to claw my way back into the race passing up a handful of aliens on my way back up to 2nd before coming across the finish line. Awesome race :cheers:
PS_App_20201129_012906.jpeg

Last edited:
Not a mess, but a frustrating race. Probably the only guy to get a clean bonus in that race. Qualified one spot ahead of @afc5150 and a few ahead of @KosmoKazi. A fun race. Really felt the tire wear hindered some more on track action, as we could’ve run maybe a harder tire or a lower wear rate.

I say picture the old Indy Racing League at Texas, and that’s kinda what 10th-last was pretty much.

Ended up 12th in a race I was okay with. It was all about track position and overtaking while plentiful, was difficult to move up the grid.

@KosmoKazi, did you pit?
I did not pit. But as I mentioned above I think it was a mistake to repeat that strategy from the front, especially as I had the pace to podium if I had just had fresh tires.

and sorry about the contact in the opening lap or two... it was mayhem back there until I could get clear of that one guy! At least we avoided penalties. But I didn’t see you on my side there, glad it didn’t compromise your race.

I qualified 6th, which was better than I expected. The 5 minutes seemed really short as I was only able to get the one flying lap in.

The good starting spot was short lived as the driver who started last dive bombed the field in T1 and I was the lucky recipient of being in last place. Slowly started working my way back, pit after lap 6 and ended up 11th for 40 points.

One and done for me! :)

Back