2019 IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 1,414 comments
Albuquerque locks it up going into the chicane and goes thru the gravel! He loses the lead! #31 to the front!

For some random reason I took a peak at Mustang Sampling's website and noticed they made a statement about their Action Express championship. For the most part it's the usual stuff, but a part towards the end caught my eye as it seems they aren't necessarily done with IMSA.

http://mustangsampling.com/mustang-sampling-says-thanks-to-fans/

One of the guys from Porsche talked about it on IMSA radio (I think it was one of the drivers, can't remember for sure).

Also, #5 in the pits with a puncture.
Looks to be a broken brake rotor on the left front and they're DNF

Dang it!!! I was hoping Katherine was going to be able to hold the Lamborghinis off to win the manufacturer's championship. All of the #57 drivers did so well for so many hours to keep it going this long.

Fancy 'Fireworks' gif that I totally didn't steal from Jayski.gif

Dane Cameron and Juan Pablo Montoya
are the
2019 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Series
DPi Champions!

For some random reason I took a peak at Mustang Sampling's website and noticed they made a statement about their Action Express sponsorship. For the most part it's the usual stuff, but a part towards the end caught my eye as it seems they aren't necessarily done with IMSA.

http://mustangsampling.com/mustang-sampling-says-thanks-to-fans/

A couple parts about Action Express and Mustang Sampling from the Torque Show I had recorded the other day. Yes I watched the Porsche race at the same time.
Sounds like they will be back.
The whole episode.

What a race that was. Intense from the beginning to the end.

Congrats to all winners and especially to Risi. I hope they will consider doing a full season next year to fill the GTLM grid.

Gonna miss the C7.R and Ford, those are legendary cars!

Last edited:
Like a pissed off paper shredder?

Kinda sorta, it really caught me off guard because I really didn't know it was coming and before I knew it the car was coming down the hill into turn 10a. So I guess I wasn't prepared. But that was really due to my own unforgivable error of leaving my race ticket back in the hotel in Atlanta and not realizing it until I was 3/4of the way to the track so I had to double back and get it. By the time I made it back to the track I had no time for the grid walk and I had barely got over the hill to where I usually sit at turn 10b, then here comes the C8R. So I was a little scatter brained, very angry at myself.

Neat illusion there with the fin, how it looks transparent. It seems as though I can see the other (right side) end panel of the wing through the fin when it's actually a reflection off the silver color of the left end panel.

I'm sure you had a great time and thanks for sharing your photos.

Shame about Magnussen, but yeah it looks like GM wanted somebody fresher to start with the C8R.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/magnussen-unsure-on-2020-plans/
It’s understood the 46-year-old has been pursing other opportunities, with the goal of remaining in the WeatherTech Championship paddock next year.

“I can’t really talk about what’s going on,” Magnussen told Sportscar365.

“The only thing I can say at the moment is that I’m unsure of what I’ll be doing next year. But hopefully in a very short timeframe I’ll know more of what I’ll do and where I’ll be.”

Latest Posts

Back