2019 Nissan Altima

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 39 comments
Clearly not AWD for any particular performance advantage apart from improved performance in low traction scenarios to bolster driver confidence. Makes sense given that it's an Altima and not a GT-R.

Clearly not AWD for any particular performance advantage apart from improved performance in low traction scenarios to bolster driver confidence. Makes sense given that it's an Altima and not a GT-R.
Exactly. It's 100% FWD until a tire slips then it sends a small percentage to the rear.

Wait a minute, they're only offering AWD on the less powerful model and not the higher trim model? *facepalm*
I mean, I like the styling of it and I'm sure people will buy it, but that line of reasoning makes no sense to me.
I'm thinking, entry and mid models in most passenger cars, sell the most. I haven't checked Altima sales numbers, but maybe that gets more on the road.

I'm thinking, entry and mid models in most passenger cars, sell the most. I haven't checked Altima sales numbers, but maybe that gets more on the road.
I guess your right, I still just find it odd due to how often I've seen AWD options for higher trim versions of sedans for years. I assumed that sales for the higher level models were good enough to justify the option I guess. Well, if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.

I guess your right, I still just find it odd due to how often I've seen AWD options for higher trim versions of sedans for years. I assumed that sales for the higher level models were good enough to justify the option I guess. Well, if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.
Wouldn't say you're wrong. Mine, was just a thought. Maybe an awd performance version, comes after good sales numbers. I don't know.

I'm trying to remember when Subaru were offering awd in those GL-10s(?). They had the base hatch and I know one of my cousins had an awd 3-door. Wasn't just the higher end models. Now it's all models.
Audi had separate(FF/AWD) models for the 4000 and look how many they have for the A4 now. This could be Nissan keeping the Altima line up simple. Just a thought.

According to Automotive News via The Drive, the Altima will be killed in 2025. In 2026, an EV sedan may launch

News of Altima's planned demise comes from Automotive News, as part of the outlet's ongoing survey of future product pipelines based on intel from suppliers and other sources. Nissan is expected to end production of the Altima in 2025 with no direct replacement on the horizon. The Altima will follow in the footsteps of the Nissan Maxima in this regard, which will itself end production this year. Automotive News also says Nissan will launch a new unnamed electric sedan in 2026, but there's no indication it will carry on the Altima nameplate.

What the heck am I going to rent if they stop making Altimas?

Also, not sure if any of you have noticed, but Altimas have a fuel range of around 650 miles of highway driving. It’s really quite impressive. If you can hold your pee for 6 hours you can cover multiple states in a single stint.

The EV replacement will have like a 300 mile range. Pathetic. EV cars as rentals is going to be a complete disaster and I’m not looking forward to it.

Back