2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Road Test Review: Top of the Charts

Discussion in 'Cars in General' started by GTPNewsWire, Sep 23, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

unit-one likes this.
  2. kjeldsen

kjeldsen

Beaten by a KIA in the Moose test..

3. 05XR8

05XR8

Seeing these in the road, it's like a Ford in the front and Lexus from the rear doors to the tailights. Not liking this gen of "styling".

4. MikeV27

MikeV27

It looks a lot better than the others but these types of cars are all so bland. No character whatsoever.

Also seems a tad pricey, once you include hst and all the other fun stuff this thing will be close to or above 50k. Not a whole lot of car for that kind of money imo.

5. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

It's true, there's a lot of Ford to the front end. But overall, I'd say the character is more Toyota. It's certainly more visually interesting to me than the last generation.

Yeah, the XLE is probably the sweet spot of the range, saving a solid $7k — or half that with the XSE package ticked. There's little that's missing there, and it's what I've recommended to my mom, who's seriously considering one of these as her next car in about 18 months.

That said, this whole class is getting pricey. While most of them start under $30k, getting a decent amount of kit bumps them past that. It's shocking to me that the CX-5 comes in at $47k with the diesel. :eek:

dice1998 likes this.
  6. 05XR8

05XR8

I'd say the C-HR hit the mark with the Toyota edgy styling(even though it it's been out for a few years).
    This RAV4 is almost trying to show the family resemblance to the Tundra. Also, the bonnet is crazy long(especially in that blueprint blue). Does this come with a Skyactiv engine? :sly:

With all that said)(just having a lighthearted play), the interior does look good though.

7. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

I have one of these arriving in November as my next company car, Dynamic trim (XSE is the closest in NA), Hybrid AWD.

SlipZtrEm and dice1998 like this.