2019 VW Jetta Spied

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 52 comments

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey

2019-volkswagen-jetta-leak-03.jpg

More info: http://www.carscoops.com/2017/08/updated-vw-jetta-leaks-online-before.html

My opinion: I think it's substantially nicer looking then the current Jetta, on the outside at least. From the side view I get Ford Fusion vibes, but the rear heavily resembles the current Audi A4. Proportionally, it appears longer and wider. No information about the car has been released at this time.

More info: http://www.carscoops.com/2017/08/updated-vw-jetta-leaks-online-before.html

My opinion: I think it's substantially nicer looking then the current Jetta, on the outside at least. From the side view I get Ford Fusion vibes, but the rear heavily resembles the current Audi A4. Proportionally, it appears longer and wider. No information about the car has been released at this time.
Yes! Straight up, looks like a Ford. I am glad they've gone back to the squared look. A "proper" modern VW sedan.

Rear quarter looks very Ford-ish.

VW really is pushing the boat out to make their range even blander looking then it already was. Looks like a car from 2002!

I don't know what this looks most like: An Audi A4 or a Skoda Octavia...

100% Audi A4.
audi-a4-exterior-rear-view.jpg

Being a car designer at the VAG for mainstream models must be such an easy job. Just stretch and skew a few elements on CAD models and you're done! 👍

100% Audi A4.
audi-a4-exterior-rear-view.jpg

Being a car designer at the VAG for mainstream models must be such an easy job. Just stretch and skew a few elements on CAD models and you're done! 👍
Plus you're already just styling generic looking versions of stuff VAG made a decade ago.

When you want to walk into a dealer and buy a car by the foot.

"Yes, can I have 20 ft of Volkswagen please? Preferably in white."

It's a car destined to be sold to men in their sixties who wear beige slacks. Of course it's boring.

Probably in Europe, but here in the US they will be bought by either rental car companies or for 16 year old daddy's girls.

What is it with the Jetta and the A4 looking so similar from the rear? The outgoing model looks almost exactly like a B8 A4 and this one will apparently be a B9 clone.

What is it with the Jetta and the A4 looking so similar from the rear? The outgoing model looks almost exactly like a B8 A4 and this one will apparently be a B9 clone.

Same reason that Skodas look just like Audis with more creases and flat caps :)

It’s amazing to me how this Jetta seems so void of substance compared to previous iterations of itself. In my mind, the MKIV is still the peak of Jetta design and execution despite being one of the most mechanically untrustworthy models in the lineup. Whereas the MKVI was incredibly boring, this almost seems like they’re trying too hard to make it contemporary.

Long story short, VW North America has a lot to figure out to make the Jetta as relevant as it should be.

despite being one of the most mechanically untrustworthy models in the lineup. Whereas the MKVI was incredibly boring, this almost seems like they’re trying too hard to make it contemporary.

Volkswagen trade on the "well-built cus German" image but their reliability remains comparatively very poor.

It's a car destined to be sold to men in their sixties who wear beige slacks. Of course it's boring.
Funnily enough my younger brother's first car was almost a Jetta. They were having a huge clearance event and were selling them new for $15k all in... but after 15 minutes he left because nobody would talk to him. Like, he couldn't get two words out of anybody so he just said "**** this" and left.

Funnily enough my younger brother's first car was almost a Jetta. They were having a huge clearance event and were selling them new for $15k all in... but after 15 minutes he left because nobody would talk to him. Like, he couldn't get two words out of anybody so he just said "**** this" and left.

Jettas look to appeal to a different demographic in North America then they do in Europe, where the practicality of hatchbacks makes them more appealing. 👍

Spy pics of the Jetta under camouflage revealed:

2019-Volkswagen-Jetta-Prototype-front-three-quarter-04.jpg

2019-Volkswagen-Jetta-Prototype-front.jpg

2019-Volkswagen-Jetta-Prototype-side-02.jpg

2019-Volkswagen-Jetta-Prototype-rear.jpg

2019-Volkswagen-Jetta-interior-sketch.jpg

Still not impressed in the slightest. I am starting to see some Honda Civic in it when I look at it in some angles.

Not really spy pics when they were taken with permission. Inside VW's Arizona proving grounds no less.

"We were invited in to take these top secret spy pics". It seems as if VW were worried that otherwise people might not take any notice :D

Latest Posts

Back