2020/21 GT Planet World GT Challenge (Season Finished)

• Thread starter Raptor013
  • 212 comments
Banking good points at every event is a must. The opening 2 rounds we've been very closely matched with it being either strategy or luck determining the outcome.

This last round even without the mistake I didn't have the pace to truly threaten for the win.

Sardegna will be a title defining moment, because if I can't close the points gap then you'll be able to cruise to the title.

Banking good points at every event is a must. The opening 2 rounds we've been very closely matched with it being either strategy or luck determining the outcome.

This last round even without the mistake I didn't have the pace to truly threaten for the win.

Sardegna will be a title defining moment, because if I can't close the points gap then you'll be able to cruise to the title.
Yeh it could be interesting. I'm pretty sure you and the Evo will have the edge at Bathurst (I tend to struggle there in the 458)

I haven't driven Sardegna much at all (especially in the Gr.4 458) so it's all unknown at the moment 😀 Very exciting!!

Last edited:
@Invisigoth I believe you were in the pits. I could see the tyre marker on the timing screen next to your name when @paoloevans went past you. As for when I caught you, I saw you down the back straight the lap before I past you. Kind of figured you didn't know I was catching given the lines you took through the sweepers before the pits hairpin. (You didn't hold me up so no worries there).
Yeh, I almost pitted on the first lap... I couldn't see the distance markers clearly. I think my times were fairly constantly around the 1:41 mark. My lines were less about following the racing line and more about "AAArgle! Slow down! Turn ya bastard turn! <screeeeech>.

Last edited:
Hi guys :)

Congratulations and thank you for everyone :D . It was a very tough race from start to finish.
@Invisigoth you scared the sh@t out of me in the first corner XD . It was awesome XD ! But of course no problem mate :D :cheers: . This is racing + I had no chance against the two flying leaders :D . The breaking point of the first corner is hard to judge.
The NSX was nice here too - in the first half of the qualification and the first few laps in the race I had a couple of purple first sectors. In the first S combination it was amazingly fast if I got the first corner right.

@Raptor013 yeah, I only had a few wall touches but the "chicane of super bumpy curbs" didn't kill me - which is a great surprise for me :) . I tried to catch up but you and @paoloevans were way too fast :) .

@Invisigoth you scared the sh@t out of me in the first corner XD . It was awesome XD ! But of course no problem mate :D :cheers: . This is racing + I had no chance against the two flying leaders :D .
For some reason my brakes just didn't seem to work on the first corner. This is an issue I used to have with the dailies but it stopped happening if I did a warm up first. I think it's only with the rolling starts. I had hoped qualy would count as warm up ... apparently GTS says NO!

You ghosted and I drove through you and into the wall. This put me in front, but I thought I was being terribly rude, so I slowed to a crawl and waited for you to re-gain position.

For some reason my brakes just didn't seem to work on the first corner. This is an issue I used to have with the dailies but it stopped happening if I did a warm up first. I think it's only with the rolling starts. I had hoped qualy would count as warm up ... apparently GTS says NO!

You ghosted and I drove through you and into the wall. This put me in front, but I thought I was being terribly rude, so I slowed to a crawl and waited for you to re-gain position.
Do you have that issue at every track or s it a Tokyo only issue?

Do you have that issue at every track or s it a Tokyo only issue?
No, It was all tracks. I remember Herbie and I making a bee line strait into the wall at Suzuka, the bug just would not turn in. It didn't start till after one of the updates many moons ago.

No sweat mate :D . The cold tire is a thing in GTS and most of the times it can be very tricky when comes the first corner :) . You weren't rude :) . Next time don't le me pass ;) . Let me chase you ;) .

No sweat mate :D . The cold tire is a thing in GTS and most of the times it can be very tricky when comes the first corner :) . You weren't rude :) . Next time don't le me pass ;) . Let me chase you ;) .
Yeh, I think they call that "poor sportsmanship" 😛. Yes, the cold tyre thing is a thing, but it's more than that. I didn't get that when I pitted and the tyres were cold. It just seems to be a thing for me. During the dailies the time you get for "warmup" isn't enough time to get any actual heat in the tyres, and any heat you did manage would dissipate before the race actually started.
Do you still have that issue?
Not sure. I haven't done a daily race for over two years.

Did anyone see the "state of play" GT7 video?

I am getting so pumped for this game 😁
The dynamic time and weather seem to be the standout features for me. Still no sign of the 488 though 😔

@Raptor013 are there any thoughts of a Season 7 on GT7?

Hope everyone is well.

Last edited:
Did anyone see the "state of play" GT7 video?

I am getting so pumped for this game 😁
The dynamic time and weather seem to be the standout features for me. Still no sign of the 488 though 😔

@Raptor013 are there any thoughts of a Season 7 on GT7?

Hope everyone is well.
For sure. Although there will be no rush in making the move. Once everyone has GT7 and we know if both the 4 and 5 versions will be able to play together, then a GT7 season will be worked on.

No chance at the moment. The price gougers that have them are asking nearly a 100% mark-up.

Now with regards to this weekends racing. The race settings are a little bit different to our normal format. As mentioned in the opening post the tyre and fuel settings will be at x1 and we will be using the Super Soft compound.

Both races will use the Grid Start like we used at Autopolis with the second race of the day being a reverse grid from the finishing results of the first race.

Neither race will have a mandatory pit stop, however the pit lane will be open should you require it.

There will be at least a 5 minute break between races so everyone can get drinks, etc before the second race.

We will also be joined by a new driver (from another league I race in) who based on his speed and experience I have provisionally placed in the Amateur Class who will be using the Nissan GT-R wearing #18.

No chance at the moment. The price gougers that have them are asking nearly a 100% mark-up.

Now with regards to this weekends racing. The race settings are a little bit different to our normal format. As mentioned in the opening post the tyre and fuel settings will be at x1 and we will be using the Super Soft compound.

Both races will use the Grid Start like we used at Autopolis with the second race of the day being a reverse grid from the finishing results of the first race.

Neither race will have a mandatory pit stop, however the pit lane will be open should you require it.

There will be at least a 5 minute break between races so everyone can get drinks, etc before the second race.

We will also be joined by a new driver (from another league I race in) who based on his speed and experience I have provisionally placed in the Amateur Class who will be using the Nissan GT-R wearing #18.
Excellent. Can't wait and welcome to the new driver 👍

Last edited:
Race Results from both races from the Super Sprint.

Points Tables have also been updated. And if my math is correct, we already have all our Championship Winners Crowned.

Screenshot 2022-02-15 190426.png

@Raptor013 I make there to be 54pts still available so it's not over yet mate!

Each round I'm never 100% sure I can make it until 1 or 2 days before so if I do miss the last 2 rounds then it could be yours 😃 Maybe a 2nd place at Bathurst could seal it for me but I would need to double check

Last edited:
@Raptor013 unfortunately mate I will have to miss the Bathurst race this Friday.

I've been invited to my friends for the weekend and we'll be well into watching the WEC Sebring race when our GTWC race takes place.

Have a good one all. I'll keep tabs on the results.

Latest Posts

Back