2020/21 GT Planet World GT Challenge (Season Finished)

• Thread starter Raptor013
  • 212 comments
Sorry guys that I was a non starter... my head was filled with thoughts of truss rods and neck jig and work bench table tops. I forgot all bout the event, despite watching a doco about Mantra Racing. Now that there has been current posts I should remember next week. :embarrassed:

It was again a very hard race. I still think this track is harder than the 'Ring. The only big difference is the lenght of the tracks. I had an awesome 360 spin, I hit the walls every lap at least once and my tires were dead after lap 6 so I had to pit two times :S . Only the acceleration and top speed of the NSX saved my ass from getting a lap from @Raptor013. Did you get the fastest lap on the last lap?

Is it just for me, or the GT Sport crashes now with the not too long replays too? I wanted to watch my spin but the game said nope and crashed...

@paoloevans @Invisigoth see you guys next week ;) . @Invisigoth please be a gentleman and don't give me a lap!

Got the fastest lap on lap 15. Haven't looked at the replay myself. But it looks like you were having a decent time of it with the guest drivers.

So I was playing around with the livery editor in GT7 tonight. This is a new take on my current seasons car combined with my car from the 2021 FIA races.

E902E03E-166D-4443-BBD5-EE7AE5694D71.jpeg
0FDA2AA4-7D50-4ABD-A777-8864BDA86C18.jpeg

3743573E-DC77-442B-801A-3CDB233FC7CF.jpeg

Out of interest aside from @paoloevans do any of you guys have GT7 yet? As I’m starting to plan out a new season.

Awesome :D !
@Invisigoth same here. The HUF vs Euro is in the horrific state + my PS4 wants to fly away most of the times when I start a AAA game. I smell a console doctor...
Just don't let the smoke escape!
It's a lot more tamed compared with the Merc I ran last season surely.
I've seen some Baby Metal... I had to seek out some Dethklok before my teeth started to rot!

Ye gads! I nearly forgot the race is tomorrow again! Was thinking about what I was doing later in the morning and then I remembered!

Edit: Just did some time trials. Best I could muster was 2:09.... accoring to my track stats I was able to manage a 2:07 in the merc. I can see that all over I'm hemorrhaging time, but big time loss at the chase with not enough of the car on the track, and not enough punch outta Forrest. Punch outta Hells and into Mountain strait.. your milage may vary.

Last edited:
@Raptor013 @Kuraudo @Invisigoth

Ok lads so I am at my mums Saturday for Mothers Day weekend and there's a high chance I won't be back for the race. Very sorry as I never usually miss events but this could make 2 schedules in a row 🤦‍♂️

Please don't wait for me if I am not there by the time qualy starts.

I should be all good to make the Le Mans season finale as things stand though!

Take care all,

Paul.

Well I managed to make it. I'm dobbing in @paoloevans .... when we were racing acording to playstation, you were playing GT7 👅.

The car felt realy greasy. I was sliding a lot more than I have ever done at Bathurst. At one stage I saw a possibility of catching @Kuraudo when he muffed it at the top of the Mountain....but sadly the next lap I did the same thing... and again a few more times! That and having difficulties getting the Aston to turn in at Forrest Elbow. Conrod Straight is no fun when the car keeps pulling to the left due to damage!

I saw when I pitted that I was soon to be lapped by @Kuraudo, but I knew that if I kept it together I should manage to keep ahead for the last 3 laps... sadly I didn't keep it together and went lawn mowing at the end of Conrod with him breathing down my neck. By some miracle I managed to keep in front (@Kuraudo no doubt put off by my car lurching irratically across the track). I knew the track well enough , I just couldn't put my car where I knew it should go. Congrats on the win @Raptor013 and thank you for hosting! Was a bit surprised by the friend requests of you both... I thought you were already on the list :crazy:

All good mate. Thought it might help you to find us given you were having issues finding the lobby.
Well the first lobby ID you gave didn't work, after I accepted the friend request, you were showing on my friends list but not according to GTS. The second lobby ID worked. Usually I select "show friends only" for lobbies, and @paoloevans is ususally there so it shows up. Maybe that is why I assumed you were already on my list.

Well the first lobby ID you gave didn't work, after I accepted the friend request, you were showing on my friends list but not according to GTS. The second lobby ID worked. Usually I select "show friends only" for lobbies, and @paoloevans is ususally there so it shows up. Maybe that is why I assumed you were already on my list.
All good, it's strange that you couldn't find the first lobby. A pity too as we would've had a full 16 car grid given the amount of guest drivers that turned up. But thats racing sometimes.

Back