2020/21 GT Planet World GT Challenge (Season Finished)

• Thread starter Raptor013
  • 212 comments
Well I managed to make it. I'm dobbing in @paoloevans .... when we were racing acording to playstation, you were playing GT7 👅.

The car felt realy greasy. I was sliding a lot more than I have ever done at Bathurst. At one stage I saw a possibility of catching @Kuraudo when he muffed it at the top of the Mountain....but sadly the next lap I did the same thing... and again a few more times! That and having difficulties getting the Aston to turn in at Forrest Elbow. Conrod Straight is no fun when the car keeps pulling to the left due to damage!

I saw when I pitted that I was soon to be lapped by @Kuraudo, but I knew that if I kept it together I should manage to keep ahead for the last 3 laps... sadly I didn't keep it together and went lawn mowing at the end of Conrod with him breathing down my neck. By some miracle I managed to keep in front (@Kuraudo no doubt put off by my car lurching irratically across the track). I knew the track well enough , I just couldn't put my car where I knew it should go. Congrats on the win @Raptor013 and thank you for hosting! Was a bit surprised by the friend requests of you both... I thought you were already on the list :crazy:
Hang on! The race was postponed until the 26th yeh? That's today?!

You mean I missed the race and I was available??!

Oh dear 🤦‍♂️

That sucks.

I don't want to repeat myself... but damn this track is hard AF. My qualification time was 1) awesome because the NSX fast in straight line 2) very bad because Raptor used only 4th gear. +0.7 sec? :eek::odd:
After the start my speed disappeared and I lost 3-4 seconds per lap. Oh, and there is that awesome spin too XD . I stayed out longer this time because the car was(?) more stable with the very bad tires. Strange. Maybe because with fresh tire sometimes there is too much grip and the car becomes too twitchy and oversteers easily.
@Invisigoth I saw you from far but you had a good speed and I could only annoy/scare you :D :D :D .
Was a bit surprised by the friend requests of you both... I thought you were already on the list :crazy:
Same here. After all these seasons I thought it too.

Results from Bathurst. Points are also updated. LeMans will be a showdown for the title.

Screenshot 2022-03-28 175056.png

Last edited:
Planning for next season. I've got 2 possible calendars for you guys to vote on.

Calendar 1
Interlagos
Nurburgring
Tokyo Expressway East (Night Wet Race)
Brands Hatch Indy
Brands Hatch Indy
Spa-Francorchamps
Blue Moon Bay Infield B

Calendar 2
Nurburgring
Goodwood
Le Mans
Red Bull Ring Short
Red Bull Ring Short (Wet)
Bathurst
Nurburgring Nordschleife

Both calendars include the GT4 Super Sprint format we introduced this season.

I take it you are expecting a 4 car series again? Not managed to rustle up more drivers?
There is another Aussie based driver. He's in the process of moving at the moment, so couldn't make Bathurst. He might be able to make Le Man's.

I'll also extend an invite to a group I joined on Facebook, they are based in Europe so the time zone will suit them.

Okay guys.

I'll post up an official calendar in the new thread, but the calendar looks like this for next season.

Round 1: Interlagos (23 laps) Afternoon 16:45
Round 2: Nurburgring (19 laps) Daytime 10:00
Round 3: Tokyo Expressway East Outer (14 laps) Twilight 18:00 (Wet)
Round 4: Brands Hatch Indy (25 laps) Afternoon 18:45
Round 5: Brands Hatch Indy (25 laps) Dusk 21:00
Round 6: Spa-Francorchamps (14 laps) Dawn 6:30
Round 7: Blue Moon Bay Infield B (34 laps) Sunset 17:00

If anyone has any suggestions they'd like to see for next season, I'll be happy to consider them.

Okay guys.

I'll post up an official calendar in the new thread, but the calendar looks like this for next season.

Round 1: Interlagos (23 laps) Afternoon 16:45
Round 2: Nurburgring (19 laps) Daytime 10:00
Round 3: Tokyo Expressway East Outer (14 laps) Twilight 18:00 (Wet)
Round 4: Brands Hatch Indy (25 laps) Afternoon 18:45
Round 5: Brands Hatch Indy (25 laps) Dusk 21:00
Round 6: Spa-Francorchamps (14 laps) Dawn 6:30
Round 7: Blue Moon Bay Infield B (34 laps) Sunset 17:00

If anyone has any suggestions they'd like to see for next season, I'll be happy to consider them.
Excellent. Look forward to this as always.

I'm very happy with the way the Championship is running. No changes needed in my opinion. Hope for a few more drivers with us to bulk up the grid but the racing is just as fun with the 4 of us 👍

erm.. I guess there has been a 2 hour shift... when I looked up 7:45pm UK time it was 4:45am! I'm not sure I will be awake then :\

Race Results from the season final at Le Mans.
Screenshot 2022-04-23 112636.png

A big shout out to you guys for continuing the support the series. A new thread will be going up at some point this weekend for the next season, which will also be held via GT Sport.

Points table is also updated on the first page.

Congratulations @Raptor013 ! It was a great and exciting season with a super showdown at the end :D ! I thought the Lancer will be struggling because it doesn't have top speed but omg, you were FAST!:bowdown:
I saw the time differences between you guys and the lap times... both of you were 6-7 seconds faster than me :D .

This Le Mans race was much tougher than I think. I had to change my brake balance from lap to lap, the car felt strange on the very long braking distances and I made some very stupid (overshooting) mistakes too.
My start was amazing (the VTEC kicked in?) but then came the rocket beetle and 1) I was on the wrong side after the Dunlop chicane 2) (again) almost killed @paoloevans :ill:. Thankfully my brakes were strong enough to stop before hitting the Ferrari. Deja vu from Autopolis :) .

Checked the replay. The Beetle wasn't the cleanest driver on the field. Jump from the start, two corner cuts/two hits to @paoloevans and then quit. A real gentleman.

@Raptor013 @paoloevans @Invisigoth thank you guys the season and the races :) .

Congratulations @Raptor013 ! It was a great and exciting season with a super showdown at the end :D ! I thought the Lancer will be struggling because it doesn't have top speed but omg, you were FAST!:bowdown:
I saw the time differences between you guys and the lap times... both of you were 6-7 seconds faster than me :D .

This Le Mans race was much tougher than I think. I had to change my brake balance from lap to lap, the car felt strange on the very long braking distances and I made some very stupid (overshooting) mistakes too.
My start was amazing (the VTEC kicked in?) but then came the rocket beetle and 1) I was on the wrong side after the Dunlop chicane 2) (again) almost killed @paoloevans :ill:. Thankfully my brakes were strong enough to stop before hitting the Ferrari. Deja vu from Autopolis :) .

Checked the replay. The Beetle wasn't the cleanest driver on the field. Jump from the start, two corner cuts/two hits to @paoloevans and then quit. A real gentleman.

@Raptor013 @paoloevans @Invisigoth thank you guys the season and the races :) .
Yeah, I was unsure of the Beetle driver after a coming together with them in Qualifying coming out of Arnage, I went to pass him after he appeared to have a moment and was getting up to speed and he either tried to pit maneuver me into the wall, or simply didn't check to see if it was clear to move back onto the racing line.

Going to need to check if there's a way to kick drivers out mid session if this is going to keep happening with open lobbies until we can re-build the entry list.

Firstly a big thank you to @Raptor013 for resurrecting the series and keeping it going over this last season. Nice one mate 👍

What can I say about the finale. Like @Kuraudo I thought the Evo would struggle against the 458 on the Le Mans circuit and when the qualy times were in I saw the +0.3 gap to @Raptor013 and started to feel slightly nervous.....

Then the race start. I got totally out of sorts. Maybe it was the pressure? 🤣😬
I jumped the start as I was to eager to get away then had some issues with a crazy Beetle and it wasn't until the second Mulsane chicane that I settled and saw the task ahead of me. @Kuraudo I didn't even realise we nearly had an incident 😳 🤪

At this point I was determined to haul in the Evo and was cursing myself for mistakingly missing the rescheduled Bathurst event!

Anyhow @Raptor013 you were SO FAST. Everytime I slightly closed under breaking you just left me standing again and after the stops your pace increased even more and I think the gap was around 5seconds until you slowed to carefully take the Ford Chicanes on the final lap. A Championship well deserved mate.

Looking forward to 1 more season on GT Sport. If/when we move to GT7 I may have to think about my entry as I'm REALLY struggling driving the 458 on the new game. I constantly loose the back end and then it "snaps back" at me and I end up in the wall. But hey that's a story for another day.

Thanks again to @Kuraudo and @Invisigoth for helping hold the group together. See you all soon!

Last edited:
Firstly a big thank you to @Raptor013 for resurrecting the series and keeping it going over this last season. Nice one mate 👍

What can I say about the finale. Like @Kuraudo I thought the Evo would struggle against the 458 on the Le Mans circuit and when the qualy times were in I saw the +0.3 gap to @Raptor013 and started to feel slightly nervous.....

Then the race start. I got totally out of sorts. Maybe it was the pressure? 🤣😬
I jumped the start as I was to eager to get away then had some issues with a crazy Beetle and it wasn't until the second Mulsane chicane that I settled and saw the task ahead of me. @Kuraudo I didn't even realise we nearly had an incident 😳 🤪

At this point I was determined to haul in the Evo and was cursing myself for mistakingly missing the rescheduled Bathurst event!

Anyhow @Raptor013 you were SO FAST. Everytime I slightly closed under breaking you just left me standing again and after the stops your pace increased even more and I think the gap was around 5seconds until you slowed to carefully take the Ford Chicanes on the final lap. A Championship well deserved mate.

Looking forward to 1 more season on GT Sport. If/when we move to GT7 I may have to think about my entry as I'm REALLY struggling driving the 458 on the new game. I constantly loose the back end and then it "snaps back" at me and I end up in the wall. But hey that's a story for another day.

Thanks again to @Kuraudo and @Invisigoth for helping hold the group together. See you all soon!
It wasn't so much the Ford Chicane for me on the last lap. Once I got through the Porsche Curves the pressure was off on my end (I nearly always mess them up on the final lap of a race). I simply cruised up to the line. But like I said earlier, I honestly thought the Ferrari would be all over me once the first corner jitters were over.

As for the pace. Lately I've been able to get into a rhythm which translates into late race raw speed. It started happening after GT7 launched and given the amount of driving I've been doing there, something seems to have clicked.

As for the Ferrari issues you're having in GT7. I'm happy to consider allowing tuning for when we make the move. That should allow for everyone to get their favorite cars out on track without worrying about them trying to murder them. Possibly set a minimum weight, maximum power and max PP number and see how that works.

It wasn't so much the Ford Chicane for me on the last lap. Once I got through the Porsche Curves the pressure was off on my end (I nearly always mess them up on the final lap of a race). I simply cruised up to the line. But like I said earlier, I honestly thought the Ferrari would be all over me once the first corner jitters were over.

As for the pace. Lately I've been able to get into a rhythm which translates into late race raw speed. It started happening after GT7 launched and given the amount of driving I've been doing there, something seems to have clicked.

As for the Ferrari issues you're having in GT7. I'm happy to consider allowing tuning for when we make the move. That should allow for everyone to get their favorite cars out on track without worrying about them trying to murder them. Possibly set a minimum weight, maximum power and max PP number and see how that works.

Yeh that sounds a reasonable idea mate. Any tunning advice welcome as I have no idea!

Yeh that sounds a reasonable idea mate. Any tunning advice welcome as I have no idea!
Nothing yet setup wise. In GT Sport with the Evo I was running 1.7 neg camber on the front, 1 neg on the rear. But I do that in 7 and the car is undriveable.

We can always run some test events in the lead up to give everyone a chance to get some setup work in.

Sorry for missing oout guys. I went to bed at 9 which for me is ridiculously early. Woke up at 3:30, went back to sleep and it was 5:30 when I opened my eyes again. I am not a morning person and the end of daylight savings coupled with the UK going the other direction by an hour just made it too hard to be conscious. I don't know how @Raptor013 manages it? :crazy:

Back