2020 FIA Series Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Mar 16, 2020.

1. 05XR8

05XR8

You already know this, but with the current multiplier, the last race wasn't bad. I thought I'd be left for dead at Willow, but the Atenza was competitive. I was on for a fantastic result due to my tyre performance and fuel reserve.

However, yes, I've got tissues at the ready, just in case.

Pigems likes this.
  2. 05XR8

05XR8

One and done for Nations. :rolleyes:

As someone posted after the race, "Who was the idiot at the chicane?". That blue Slophy just ruined my first stint.
    I was on RS and planning to get around a Slophy conserving or on RMs. I got a run towards the chicane. I'm on the outside ahead, but giving room. I see another Slophy on the kerb inside before the chicane. Like seriously. It's Lap 2-3. The blue one knocks the other one unit me and was also a bit aggressive before that.

Just changed my strategy and drive around til the end. 11th to 16th.:tdown:

I didn't even mind all the Slophys. I just wanted to see what the Supra could do.
    EUa2OJXVAAACfTI.jpeg EUa-xeKVAAEOY-N.jpeg

The biggest shock was qualifying 2.6 seconds slower than Free Practice. I'd much rather have tyre and fuel wear on, to gauge real time performance.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    SmokeyMR2, Dezcom, barak181 and 3 others like this.
  3. Carrera1963

Carrera1963

That was fun (down in the very very minor leagues where I’m playing).

my target was 4th or 5th, ended up on the podium

Attached Files:

Groundfish, milehighmadd and Pigems like this.
  4. stpatty

stpatty

Is anyone not picking the Trophy today?

5. breeminator

breeminator

I'm not doing the race, but I've done some races against the AI with the same race settings, with the Trophy, Jag and McLaren, and I don't think the Trophy is as OP as many people think it is. I did faster total race times and faster fastest laps with the other two, but maybe I'd go even faster in the Trophy if I went back to that now.

watto79 and Pigems like this.
  6. DarkSideNet

DarkSideNet

WRX all day/night for me.

barak181, watto79 and Pigems like this.
  7. VulcanSpirit

VulcanSpirit

Tried the M4, Evo and 650S in practice (the latter at @breeminator's suggestion), and have entered the 17:00 with the latter. Even if I don't do well, I'm not joining the meta herd this time.

8. stpatty

stpatty

I gave the Evo a try. It was nice and manoeuvrable, but I couldn't handle how badly it died in 5th gear. The tyre wear didn't seem great either, though I didn't run it for very long. I tried the GT-R in a race when this combo was in the dailies a few weeks ago, large nope obviously. I had no idea what today's race was and was a bit disappointed when I came home today and saw it, so I'll just jump in the Renault and see what happens.

Pigems likes this.
  9. garix

garix

1st slot disconnected, what else....

Pigems likes this.
  10. Famine

Famine Administrator

I didn't bother with rounds three or four at all because of the server issues, which means that after being disconnected every time in round one I have very few points, and haven't had a chance to build my SR back up from Teslageddon.

Gr.4s at Nurburgring GP? Christ, I may as well put bulldog clips on my nads for all the fun that's going to be at SR A and with wonky connections.

11. noisetanks

noisetanks

My apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I am frequently confused by the 'pit tyre requirements' in the Nations Cup. Can someone please confirm to me whether I need to run both soft AND medium during the current race to avoid a penalty? Or whether I can run either exclusively? Many thanks in advance.

Pigems likes this.
  12. barak181

barak181

I have a slightly irrational hatred of the Slophy. I tried some practice laps in the WRX last night. We'll see.

Yes, you do have to use both. If you open the race details you'll see required tires under the Pit Info section:

Race Details.PNG

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2020
    RacingGrandpa and Pigems like this.
  13. noisetanks

noisetanks

Many thanks for the help, I thought that might be the case, but wanted to double-check

Pigems likes this.
  14. LVS_1986

LVS_1986

I tried Lex in first slot, Q 7, finished 13... Made one mistake, than got pushed off track and race was ended for me, only 3 others players drive something else, ferarri hyundai mercedes

Pigems likes this.
  15. adam46

adam46

I
    I'm going with the 650S to be different. I'm also expecting very little as I can't get under a 2:03.

I'm streaming it here if you want to see just how badly it goes:

16. stpatty

stpatty

My race was clearly bad, but at least I didn't do this:

Since I have the GT-R at Autopolis to look forward to tomorrow, I'll be back on Saturday

17. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

Streaming the FIA as always :)! If it's a boring race I'll pick some unusual cars... or maybe not unusual for me for later slots.

Landy1264, GlamFM, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  18. Famine

Famine Administrator

After the second Megane just barged him off the outside of a corner, he clearly had a sense of humour failure.

barak181 and Pigems like this.
  19. TeddyWestside

TeddyWestside

As someone who's never risen above B/S, I never understand how someone can reach A/A or above and drive like that.

Pigems and barak181 like this.
  20. 05XR8

05XR8

No doubt some players drive to build their rating, just so they can exact havok.

Pigems likes this.
  21. TeddyWestside

TeddyWestside

That's a 'special' kind of mentality for sure. If I was good enough to get that high a rating, I'd do my utmost to stay there. I freely admit to red mist sometimes if I've been truly bullied by some mad idiot, but never would I go on some crazy hunter killer mission like that.

05XR8, Pigems and barak181 like this.
  22. Famine

Famine Administrator

Well, that was divebombs for days, and people defending 14th place like it was a cure for COVID.

One nobber actually sent me a "wtf?" after the race... after he'd decided not to yield at Warsteiner and hit me off, or at the chicane and hit me off, then hit me off the inside of turn 2 because I wasn't actually there, then tried to brake check in turn 3, and then dive into me in turn 4 because I'd tapped the rear of his car when he brake checked, then hit me again in turn 6... all in row. That was after I'd spent the entire previous lap giving him racing room and picking my spots carefully.

I mean, it's a good question, but aimed the wrong way down the wand, asshat.

23. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Here you go, this will cover the entire season for you. :)

68874412-2896-46DD-8017-B27BD79243F4.jpeg

24. stpatty

stpatty

Here is a driver I lag punted on Sunday:

Untitled1.png
    He was the one I posted about who called me an unknown French name after the race. He took 2nd and 3rd off in the opening two laps.

Here is someone from the Nations race at Dragon Trail the other week:
    Untitled2.png

On the last lap he was in 4th, I was in 5th behind him. He went too deep into the hairpin at the top of the circuit and ran into 2nd and 3rd. As he got a poor exit I went to pass him on the right, he tried to push me off. At the start of the esses he divebombed and shoved me out the road, giving me an SR down arrow (he got a blue end of race rating to my red despite getting a penalty for ramming someone else off). This guy's done over 2300 races.

I'm sure it varies on an individual basis. Some are trolls and don't care. Some have short tempers. Some want to game the system for easy wins and have no regard for the consequences. Me, I don't see the point. It's not about undermining your own achievement/ability, it's about wasting your own time never mind everyone else's.

25. milehighmadd

milehighmadd

For anyone not watching now,10 people didnt even get a qualifying time because of fuel burning chaos going into final turn of outlap as time was expiring before getting a timed lap in. Everyone was fighting/ghosting to not be anywhere near the top of the slip stream. Qual time for P10 was 10 seconds off P1.

Attached Files:

YRS2703, Tidgney, Winnie847 and 6 others like this.
  26. 05XR8

05XR8

I mean, players can't be that obsessed with a win, can they?

27. milehighmadd

milehighmadd

Well... Gio won first slot with 360-something points and is still racing. Almost like he's trying to win every slot just so no one else can.

28. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

I’ve seen a fairly high number of start top five smash and vanish the last few months.

Pigems likes this.
  29. Famine

Famine Administrator

Ran a better race second time round, and got back to SR S, yay.

Bizarrely, after the race I got a message from a Croatian driver asking why I took T1 like that. Turns out he was talking about lap three when I got smashed from behind by a French driver, straight through the corner and sideways, into a couple of other cars.

Didn't really have a say in it, dude. Got a clean race bonus though so... eh.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  30. Marky264

Marky264

1st Race, Didn't realise I had to use both tyre compounds, Finished 1st but lovely 20 Second surprise penalty had me finish 9th in the end...

Next 3 Races. Disconnection Errors after or before Qualifying... GREAT. Beyonddddd frustrating.

Left It & Had a Beer came back for the Final Race of the evening. Managed to whack It on Pole with a lovely time of 2:03:999,

I was amazed with the standard of driving in my last race. Everyone in Top 5 gave each other space. We'd overtake each other. Wait and get each other back on next corner. Thrilling to drive right to the very end. Managed to get another Race Win tonight & Clean Race Bonus. Cheery would have been Fastest Lap in the Race but I got Pipped by the chap in 3rd on Lap 8! Nice bit of points for me before bed! :gtpflag:

EUeE2ezX0AEqOHP.jpeg EUeE2JUXYAg8vNq.jpeg