2021 FIA Series Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 9,031 comments
I can't decide who to pick this season, have used Toyota at the start for 1 season and Alfa for about 5 or 6 then Honda last season, I feel I have unfinished business in the Honda but feel there just so many choices. I have thought about The WRX's or even RCZ but that's just playing it safe, need more of a challenge.

I spend a week debating with myself what manufacture to pick, tested different brands, made test runs in the all. I was first going to sign with Chevrolet, then I changed my mind to McLaren.
In the end I signed for the brand I have run all my active seasons for. Knowing the car is not the best but it's a car I love to drive.
PS_App_20210225_034627.jpeg
PS_App_20210225_034621.jpeg

So... question. In both Manufacturer's and Nations.... for each round, you get the points scored on your LAST attempt, right? If you go for 2 slots, you will end up with points for #2, even if it was lower than #1.

(again, for both Manu and Nations?)

So... question. In both Manufacturer's and Nations.... for each round, you get the points scored on your LAST attempt, right? If you go for 2 slots, you will end up with points for #2, even if it was lower than #1.

(again, for both Manu and Nations?)
Correct.

Ran the T.50S in a Custom Race, at Sardegna. It actually didn't kill me. Acceleration out of the final turn is full throttle with full lock. Nice suspension. I'll do an RS, first stint, Lobby run, to gauge tyre wear.

I'm excited for the GR.4 races.

So bye bye BMW it didn't last past round 1 of my randomisation process.

Me 'O.k. time to choose a new manufacturer for this season.'
Randomiser 'O.k. I expect you will want a challenge.'
Me 'Sure, every car is challenging in their own way, so...'
Randomiser 'Renault!'
Me 'Yeah that would be a challenge.'
Randomiser 'No, I'm giving you Renault.'
Me 'O.K. then.'

8071032184731894812_0.jpg

So yes this season will be interesting. Probably the reverse of last season and I'll do better in Gr4, but will still look to do well in Gr3. I do enjoy the RS01 but with the tyre wear it is going to take all my skill to finish well, so wish me luck as I will need it. Not really driven the Trophy but did a quick run around DTS (as it is the first Gr4 event) and it felt good.

Did some slight adjustments to my livery especially for the manufacturers.

My randomiser picked Dodge so I’ve gone with them for this mini-season, did a practice race round Interlagos with the GT3 and it seemed OK.

However the tyre wear and fuel usage is going to make it an interesting round first up.
I only got the softs to last 6 laps.
Oh and if you thought the pit loss at RBR was big, Interlagos is MAHOOOOOSIVE. Strategy going to play a big part

No strategy at Interlagos, 2 stops - any other option doesn't make sense...
Yes, but how do you split it up and in which order? I would recon either M/H/S or H/M/S if you can get just a few laps with hards, got to test it out. Think I'll use that testing to decide which car I get too. Going Aston, but not decided which one, they both have good and bad points might just go with the fastest at this track.

Anyone know anything about these cars? I don’t think I’ve used them more than once or twice before? :lol:

View attachment 994245
View attachment 994246
The Gr3 citroen basically runs on air and never needs fuel. And they can nibble the tires just like any other MR. Other than that I didnt find them too crazy. As someone who struggles with MR cars I found them fairly easy to handle.

As I might only make 1 or 2 races as a goof in Manu I'm still going to run with VW. I am usually pretty solid with it at Interlagos and it seems pretty good on tires. Not worried or looking at any other combos really as no idea if I will make it to any of them.

Excited for the totally random crapshoot Nations combos. I know I will probably struggle and crash, but I'm cool with that this time as I already know I suck at everything but round 6.

Let's have us a fun season:cheers:

The Z4 ain't bad and the V8 is spicy.

As for the Citroen, they can be pests to other players. I think MCA(?) used to use those in FIA. Might be a similar named player in my region that used the Citroen. Always came good in tyre wear races. Ran really long stints.

Edit: Ran one initial lap at DTS. I don't think anyone will ever convince me, there is a car smoother than the RC F. There just isn't one.
IMG_20210226_160941.jpg

- Mustang suspension is still too stiff. Better dampening and it'll be just as good as the RC F. However, lift the throttle, point that nose. Best FR for that.

- RC F is smooth as butter.

- F-Type relies on its power and speed. Doesn't handle as good as the Mustang.

- M4 shows it lacks the power, but rear rotation is a throttle blip away. Fun car to drive.

- 650S. No excuses about my rookie status with this car. Not sure which gears to select, but it's nice through the COD. Smooth, but that time is about right, in my hands.

- Thought the NSX would be ahead of the F-Type. Felt like slight understeer. I did try to use the inertia on corner exits, but guess it didn't work.

The two cars at the bottom, show how much I use MRs to all other drivetrains. I'll do my best to improve.

Last edited:
Yes, but how do you split it up and in which order? I would recon either M/H/S or H/M/S if you can get just a few laps with hards, got to test it out. Think I'll use that testing to decide which car I get too. Going Aston, but not decided which one, they both have good and bad points might just go with the fastest at this track.
I found that the mediums were overall the most comfortable tyre to be on so I will be aiming to try and do the majority of my laps on them.
Softs didn’t really want to do anything past lap 5 (although my only effort on them so far was under a high fuel load).
Hards did 8 laps until I really felt the wear however, as you would expect, the lap times were too slow.

With the massive pit loss though I think most of my time will be spent on the H and M.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else thinks from their trials!

Will be doing the Yaris race after I donate blood tomorrow so I’m hoping it’s a good one!

The Z4 ain't bad and the V8 is spicy.

As for the Citroen, they can be pests to other players. I think MCA(?) used to use those in FIA. Might be a similar named player in my region that used the Citroen. Always came good in tyre wear races. Ran really long stints.

Edit: Ran one initial lap at DTS. I don't think anyone will ever convince me, there is a car smoother than the RC F. There just isn't one.
View attachment 994260

- Mustang suspension is still too stiff. Better dampening and it'll be just as good as the RC F. However, lift the throttle, point that nose. Best FR for that.

- RC F is smooth as butter.

- F-Type relies on its power and speed. Doesn't handle as good as the Mustang.

- M4 shows it lacks the power, but rear rotation is a throttle blip away. Fun car to drive.

- 650S. No excuses about my rookie status with this car. Not sure which gears to select, but it's nice through the COD. Smooth, but that time is about right, in my hands.

- Thought the NSX would be ahead of the F-Type. Felt like slight understeer. I did try to use the inertia on corner exits, but guess it didn't work.

The two cars at the bottom, show how much I use MRs to all other drivetrains. I'll do my best to improve.

My Gr.4 times there are as follows:
Lexus 1:47.2
Aston 1:46.9
Sciroc 1:46.7
Megane 1:46.6
Chev 1:46.6
Mustang 1:46.6
Viper 1:46.4
Jag 1:46.3

I just can't get the right feel for the Lexus for some reason

Gr.4 RC F is probably my most used car. MUstang is up there too. I find both easy to drive.

As for the 650S GT3, I've been doing good using my alt(B/S), in Race B. A couple A/S races(starting last and moved up a few spots both races), it ain't fast on its own, but its a smooth car. In a B/S room, I qualified - still at the back(13/16; finished 8th), but it's a well behaved car. Now, if PD would be so kind to do this http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/12/26/2018-goodbyes-mclaren-650s-gt3.html, I'd like to see how the new car differs to the old one.

Back