2020 Major League Soccer Season & American Soccer Discussion

• Thread starter Eva
  • 34 comments
We have a champion of MLS soccer for 2020! This past weekend, the Columbus Crew soundly beat the Seattle Sounders 3-0. Columbus becomes the 7th ever team in MLS history to win multiple titles. All congratulations to the Crew on an amazing 2020 season.

There was talk that the NWSL may get a new team. I think I heard Sacramento could join the NWSL in 2022 or so. Soccer/Football has really grown within the past 25 or so years. We're far from being a true power (at the US Men's National Team) in soccer, but at least the interest and the desire to play soccer in the USA is of great abundance.

Even though this thread is the *2020* season of American soccer/football, I'm here to say that Major League Soccer is BACK for 2021! My Houston Dynamo FC will host the San Jose Quakes. Also tonight, Minnesota United will play at Seattle Sounders FC. Many more games will be played on Saturday.

The NWSL already was underway for some time in 2021, but it's now time for the MLS to have its soccer fun. So enjoy the 2021 season!

My Houston Dynamo FC won 2-1 hosting the San José Quakes this past Friday night. I didn't see the actual game, but according to Facebook comments, this is a game the Dynamo could have easily lost. We still managed to hold on for the win. It would have been a shutout had it not been for a Quakes goal deeper into the 2nd half. Houston Dynamo FC needs a better 2021 performance to avert some of the woes of the 2020 season.

On the NWSL side, my Houston Dash have yet to play. They were supposed to play against Reign FC recently, but that game was postponed.

Last edited:
Back