• Sunday May 17 | Darlington 400
  • Wednesday May 20 | Darlington 310
  • Sunday May 24 | Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte
  • Wednesday May 27 | Charlotte 310
  • Sunday May 31 | Martinsville
  • Wednesday June 3 | Bristol
  • Sunday June 7 | Atlanta
  • Sunday June 14 | Miami
The proposed schedule so far. Looks like no live pit stops for the first few races back at least. Don’t know what that means, if it’s competition cautions at the end of every fuel window or what. The Coke 600 will be a looooong race.
Is it wrong that I was hoping for the Roval to be part of this? Also, does this mean Darlington gets two races?

Matt Kenseth's gonna have his work cut out for him. Getting into a Cup car for the first time since 2018, with a completely different aero & power package, and will be going straight into the race dry? It's gonna be intense.

Matt Kenseth's gonna have his work cut out for him. Getting into a Cup car for the first time since 2018, with a completely different aero & power package, and will be going straight into the race dry? It's gonna be intense.
Newman is also back and Chastain won't be racing. I'm wondering if Timmy Hill gets something in the next few days.

Also, I've completely forgotten that Truex and Hemric still race, because neither of them have participated in the virtual series. (Wallace won't be back until the actual races start I imagine).

I find it a bit odd they wouldn't have at least ONE practice before everything gets going. Seems like a recipe for disaster. I'm going to go ahead and assume there will be a competition caution in race 1.

All I know is I'm glad they'll be back racing soon and the fact they're hitting Darlington TWICE for the first time in years! :dopey: (maybe 3 times if they run the Southern 500 in the fall as well?)

I'm curious what this means: "Elimination of aero ducts at superspeedway tracks."

It's talking about these things, I don't know what they really do though so I have no clue what eliminating them will accomplish.

D0lvJUnUYAAoiTP.jpg

It's talking about these things, I don't know what they really do though so I have no clue what eliminating them will accomplish.

D0lvJUnUYAAoiTP.jpg
If I was going to guess, those ducts go to either the engine or brakes. Most likely the engine if they plan on getting rid of them.

Going by what was in the 2018 season thread, in short they redirect air to increase the wake off the cars which would increase the drafting pocket size. They were first introduced in Xfinity at Indy in 2017, then were in the Cup All-Star package, which then got spread around the calendar afterwards.

Later: On the schedule, normally mid week races would be dumb, but with everything as it is it's a perfect chance to try it.

Last edited:
Better late than never, Martin Truex is entered in tonight’s Replacements race in Street Stocks at 2008 Phoenix, so maybe he’s finally getting on the iRacing bandwagon just to race at Wilkesboro.

Harvick also made his debut with the Replacements before trying the Sunday races

EDIT: Apparently he’s been in Florida this whole time and didn’t want to go back home to NC till he knew he and Sherry were healthy and safe to travel, so now he’s home. He’s always had a sim rig, but that’s why he’s been notably absent from the iRacing so far.

Last edited:
Well, I was bummed that this could be the first year I missed attending a race at Chicagoland since the first race in 2001, but now Nascar won't be coming here at all this year.

ESPN.com: NASCAR pulls Chicagoland, Richmond, Sonoma from 2020 race calendar.
https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/...hicagoland-richmond-sonoma-2020-race-calendar
What!

*Actually read the article this time.*

...Ok, Sonoma is a no brainer, Chicago is a stretch right now, but...unless Richmond is being considered for a future back to back plan, they'd be stupid to pass it up. You'll go to Miami but not Richmond?

Regardless, why not state the tracks that actually missed their weekends if they are so dead set on 36 races, like Texas and Dover.

What!

*Actually read the article this time.*

...Ok, Sonoma is a no brainer, Chicago is a stretch right now, but...unless Richmond is being considered for a future back to back plan, they'd be stupid to pass it up. You'll go to Miami but not Richmond?

Regardless, why not state the tracks that actually missed their weekends if they are so dead set on 36 races, like Texas and Dover.

They’re still going to Richmond in the fall, they just cancelled the spring race. And they’re still going to Martinsville twice, so it’s not a VA thing so who knows.

I’m also very surprised about Dover keeping both dates as well, since it’s further away from Charlotte than Richmond and also will probably end up having it’s dates fairly close together on the calendar.

They’re still going to Richmond in the fall, they just cancelled the spring race. And they’re still going to Martinsville twice, so it’s not a VA thing so who knows.

I’m also very surprised about Dover keeping both dates as well, since it’s further away from Charlotte than Richmond and also will probably end up having it’s dates fairly close together on the calendar.
As someone that lives between Charlotte and Martinsville, Martinsville is MUCH closer to their shops in the Mooresville/Charlotte/Concord area than Richmond is. Even though both tracks are in the same state, the drive times are about two hours vs about five hours, one way.

I'm betting Dover couldn't lose its date because of it being one of the few remaining independently owned tracks, along with Pocono and Indy. ISC and SMI own all the rest of the tracks.

As someone that lives between Charlotte and Martinsville, Martinsville is MUCH closer to their shops in the Mooresville/Charlotte/Concord area than Richmond is. Even though both tracks are in the same state, the drive times are about two hours vs about five hours, one way.

I'm betting Dover couldn't lose its date because of it being one of the few remaining independently owned tracks, along with Pocono and Indy. ISC and SMI own all the rest of the tracks.

I forgot about Dover being independent still, that does explain it.

This race...I'm so conflicted. I'm glad this happened, but knowing how tracks have to be now...no, I can't. I can't say it.:(

It’s raceday!

The OP has been updated with the new modified race schedule that has been released so far, and will continue to be updated as new races are announced.

NASCAR. Is. Back. Or the social media tag: #NASCARisBack . Glad seeing NASCAR return. While I haven't been as active or religiously following NASCAR, I still am a motorsports enthusiast. So I will be sure to check in to watch NASCAR and its insanity get back to work in the real world (as opposed to the iRacing NASCAR challenges) on The Track Too Tough to Tame- Darlington.

Enjoy the action, GTPlaneteers!

Back