2020 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,582 comments
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH YES!

My goodness im still not over what happened today, the sport's most popular driver is actually a Cup Champion now! :cheers:

GettyImages-1284635629.jpg

Conspiracy theorists have no place in motorsports IMO.

With the joke the playoffs/finale always are, conspiracy theories are about the only thing that keep the postseason interesting.

What is a fact though is that Brad’s crew cost us a great finish to that race. He was fast enough to keep up with Chase but he couldn’t recover the 3 seconds he lost on the final pit stop.

Last edited:

A surprising departure. He obviously has something lined up, but who knows what. It looks like Preece is coming back to the 37 after all. About the only other full-time Cup ride available is the 2nd Spire car (with Lajoie heavily rumoured to be taking the other). Maybe Spire is actually taking this “effort” thing seriously and somehow convinced JHN to go over there.

I don’t have any guesses for who will go to the 38. Ty Dillon has to end up somewhere I guess but I figured that would be for RCR in Xfinity

Last edited:
Has NASCAR tested the new Gen 7 Cup car on dirt yet? Dirt cars rely on big, bulky tire for added grip in addition to the suspension. I have a feeling this Bristol Cup race could become an engineering nightmare in 2022.

Has NASCAR tested the new Gen 7 Cup car on dirt yet? Dirt cars rely on big, bulky tire for added grip in addition to the suspension. I have a feeling this Bristol Cup race could become an engineering nightmare in 2022.

I don't think they have, which I guess gives credence to the theory it's just a one-and-done deal as a way for NASCAR to run the cars on dirt one last time while they are still somewhat suited for it.

I don't think they have, which I guess gives credence to the theory it's just a one-and-done deal as a way for NASCAR to run the cars on dirt one last time while they are still somewhat suited for it.
Yeah, it still feels very strongly of a PR move that's taking advantage of a transitional year. If/when it ends up being a clown show, then they'll use that as the reason why it's dropped, otherwise they'll say it's a cost-saving measure so the teams don't have to build a whole car specifically for that one race.

They’re going to come to Pocono. Depending on the COVID situation I may go to the race. My NASCAR knowledge is below zero but would like to experience it at least once.
Race day at Texas is enjoyable, so even if it's just a one-time thing I'd recommend trying it.

On the schedule, if they are going to keep racing on dirt, why drop Eldora to add another?

News tidbits for 2021:

AJ Allmendinger will drive full-time for Kaulig in the Xfinity series. Big fish in a small pond?

Driver's names will be on the windshields in the Cup series.

Last edited:
News tidbits for 2021:

AJ Allmendinger will drive full-time for Kaulig in the Xfinity series. Big fish in a small pond?

Driver's names will be on the windshields in the Cup series.

I'm wondering how this will affect his IMSA broadcasting duties? Because there surely will be some weekends where IMSA and Xfinity are running at the same time. I thought he did a pretty good job broadcasting for IMSA.

I'm wondering how this will affect his IMSA broadcasting duties? Because there surely will be some weekends where IMSA and Xfinity are running at the same time. I thought he did a pretty good job broadcasting for IMSA.

It really shouldn’t have too much of an impact since Xfinity usually races on Saturday while the WeatherTech series tends to run Sundays more often than not.

It really shouldn’t have too much of an impact since Xfinity usually races on Saturday while the WeatherTech series tends to run Sundays more often than not.

And NBC can always put Brian Till in as the third IMSA commentator when there's a scheduling conflict for AJ.

Back