2020 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 495 comments
The NFL will have the 2020 NFL Draft all virtual now. So all the War Room and all the social gathering will be done virtually with voice chats and stuff. The 2020 NFL Draft still will go on as planned on its original date for what I know.

That's probably how it should be done anyway. I never understood the fanfare around the draft and it was going to be super over the top this year with Vegas hosting it.

Houston Texans fans scratched heads over trading DeAndre Hopkins for David Johnson. Think they can do worse? Well... try THIS news. The Texans traded to get Brandin Cooks of the Los Angeles Rams. The trade comes with a 2nd Round pick. I actually like B. Cooks, so I think this is a fairly good pickup for the Texans. Some think this still enough to numb the sting of trading DeAndre Hopkins. Either way, the Texans are doing all they can so they don't make firing Bill O'Brien a no-brainer.

If Bill O'Brien gets fired, he's gonna be the first one to be blacklisted from every team after one stint. He's downgraded everything, even draft stock. If they don't win convincingly all the way to the Superbowl, Houston fans should either stop going to games or unify outside their office demanding a change.

A certain Dak Prescott may be in trouble for supposedly holding a party at his house defying the "Stay Home - Work Safe" and social distancing measures. The Dallas Cowboys QB could face some trouble if indeed he violated these terms.

QB Tavaris Jackson was killed in a car accident this past weekend. "T-Jack" used to play for Seattle, Minnesota, and Buffalo in his career. I offer my condolences to all who known and loved Tavaris Jackson. He died at the age of 36.

On a different [much lighter] note, I heard of a plan of how the 2020 NFL Draft will play out. The picks will be made by Commissioner Roger Goodell from the basement of his New York City house. There will be virtual displays and such by all of the teams represented in the NFL Draft. It will surely be interesting seeing how this 2020 NFL Draft goes.

Patriots have traded TE Rob Gronkowski and a 7th round pick to the Bucs for a 4th round pick.

Does that mean Gronk is coming out of retirement? Guess he wants to blow out his knee/elbow/shoulder/etc in the warm Florida sun instead of New England.

The future of NFL talent to grace the teams will be decided starting tonight with the 2020 NFL Draft. Incoming college talent will learn their fate to determine who all will join whatever teams. We all will see who each team will draft in the various rounds and with the various picks. Where will Joe Burrow go? What about Tua Tagovailoa? What about CeeDee Lamb? What about any other big name college talent? Remember that COVID-19/Coronavirus is still out there, so the NFL Draft will be all virtual for the first time ever. All to keep that social distancing working. If you'll be following the 2020 NFL Draft, feel free to share who your teams drafted.

So to get things going... Cincinnati... you're ON THE CLOCK!

Last edited:
I'm frankly surprised that the Lions didn't wind up Lioning their draft pick on paper. Now to see if this paper works in practice.

Guess I'll switch up my profile picture for the occasion.

Prediction: Joe Burrow blows out his knee first day of training camp.

I know very little about college football. But I think the Panthers have done a good job of filling some big team needs. Feeling a little bit better about their off-season now.

I reserved chatter of my Texans until the 2020 NFL Draft was complete. So how did we do? Here's who we drafted:

* Ross Blacklock (DT, TCU)
* Jonathan Greenard (OT, Florida)
* Charlie Heck (OT, North Carolina)
* John Reid (CB, Penn State)
* Isaiah Coulter (WR, Rhode Island)

We had no First Round draft pick. So the Texans had to make due with whomever else were available. I think this is the bulk of the Texans' draft picks.

The Houston Texans are also trying to sign DeShaun Watson to a decent deal. If we ship off Watson, the Texans are basically "just okay." We need this dude even when we stupidly shipped off DeAndre Hopkins.

Congratulations and welcome to all of the drafted talent from the 2020 NFL Draft. Welcome to the National Football League!

Panthers made a little bit of history today. Becoming the first team in the modern era to use all of their picks on defensive players.

According to reports, I heard QB Jameis Winston is expected to sign with... the New Orleans Saints. So he will stay in the NFC South, just moving out west to New Orleans.

The 2020 NFL Draft somehow had its biggest viewership ever for the NFL Draft. Some 60M or 65M viewers tuned into this uncommon all-virtual draft. A lot of people were mostly cooped up at home and wanted at least some real sports to get excited about. This all perhaps led to the big numbers drawn into this NFL Draft.

No actual action occurred, but at least the NFL Draft gave us something recent and relevant in sports to discuss. So there you go. Feel free to discuss how your favorite team(s) did in the 2020 NFL Draft and what you may be looking forward to for the next season.

The Houston Texans let go of S Tashaun Gipson recently. He was with the Jacksonville Jaguars before joining the Texans.

The Packers 1st round pick of QB Jordan Love is a head scratcher. And they moved up to get him.

He played really well with Utah State and his style is similar to Rodgers, but I think Rodgers still has two years on his contract. A couple of things I've read said the Matt LaFleur is getting irritated with Rodgers and that Love is there to put pressure on him. I can see it since Rodgers just does his own thing on the field and it's clearly not working for the Packers. My guess is Love will get some playing time this year and LaFleur will bench Rodgers to "teach him a lesson" or something like that.

With that said, I'm not sure Love is ready to be thrown into the NFL right away. While he did well with the Aggies, he also had a tendency to throw easy interceptions.

No! Say it ain't so! The Houston Texans lost a big weapon on defense as Johnathan Joseph goes from the Houston Texans to the Tennessee Titans. That means we have to face one of the Texans' most solid defenders ever twice now- and to our rivals no less! Maybe J-Jo going to the Titans is contributing to the fallout of the Texans' recent signings and decisions. I just still hope the Texans don't ship off Deshaun Watson or somebody next if these unusual moves continue.

No! Say it ain't so! The Houston Texans lost a big weapon on defense as Johnathan Joseph goes from the Houston Texans to the Tennessee Titans. That means we have to face one of the Texans' most solid defenders ever twice now- and to our rivals no less! Maybe J-Jo going to the Titans is contributing to the fallout of the Texans' recent signings and decisions. I just still hope the Texans don't ship off Deshaun Watson or somebody next if these unusual moves continue.
I feel your pain. The dynamic duo of Joseph and Leon Hall was something to watch in Cincy. It was rough watching Joseph leave.

One long-time player changed teams recently. Now, another. QB Andy Dalton reportedly was let go by the Cincinnati Bengals as Cincy is going all-in on Joe Burrow.

Elsewhere...

* I learned that Johnathan Joseph's signing to the Tennessee Titans is a one-year deal. On Twitter, I noted that I liked J-Jo and the job he's done with the Texans, but someone else suggested J-Jo hasn't been that good the past few seasons. Perhaps J. Joseph could be nearing the sunset of his career. In that case, it reminds me of all the service Andre Johnson did for the Texans before signing with Indianapolis. Johnathan Joseph is 36 years old currently with at least 10 years of NFL service.

* There is a report that WR Ted Ginn Jr. signed a one-year deal to play for the Chicago Bears. He is coming over from the New Orleans Saints to play up in Chi-Town.

That's all. Carry on...

When you find out Houston's plan, let me know. This is worse than the Browns 20 year QB machine in some ways because these moves were very intentional and specific AND high profile/solid players.

I made a NYG Rebuilding Clock since the last time we won the Super Bowl :lol:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...2&msg=NY+Giants+Rebuilding+Clock&font=cursive

Jerome

I wish Dalton the best wherever he ends up (as long as it's not New England :D). Got us to the playoffs 5 straight years. Unfortunately, just as every quarterback since 1990, couldn't deliver a postseason win. Great guy off the field as well.

Well, according to Peter King today on FOX Sports 1's "Speak for Yourself" today, Peter King suggested Andy Dalton would be the "perfect Patriot." He thinks the New England Patriots would probably be the best fit for him. We'll see where he ends up. That's even if he may somehow have to take a 2nd String or even 3rd String QB depth chart deal.

Love or loathe the New England Patriots, they still need a quarterback. They need SOMEBODY. That's even if Tim Tebow or even JaMarcus Russell were available. I even once heard something about if the Houston Texans' DeShaun Watson could join the Patriots if the Texans [stupidly] ship him off. I know one GTPlaneteer doesn't want me mentioning J. Russell, but still.

We don't want to think too far ahead, but I was imagining how games could be like this season post-pandemic. I am thinking a lot of games will play with no fans or little fans. Could you even imagine nearly empty grandstands for the Super Bowl? Or it is possible you could have an empty arena or something for the Super Bowl Halftime? For you wrestling fans, it could be a case like the most recent Wrestlemania- the biggest event by the league held with no fans watching and cheering their hearts out. I know on YouTube, I think I heard of one Korean group that performed a concert in an empty arena during the height of the COVID-19/Coronavirus spread. This 2020 NFL season is going to quite unique in how it is handled and executed. All I know is that many of us just want to see some sports again just to quell all the pandemic madness.

If there's no fans, there's no reason to have an on-site concert for halftime so they could just air something pre-recorded. I think that by the start of July we'll know how the season will look...if they are able to get to that point.

Back