• 118 comments
Wakos-Lexus-Super-GT-2020-Livery.jpg

ESYjIsuXcAE0rhz

Calsonic-2020-Livery-Nissan-Super-GT.jpg

ESu7LMbUEAAxZat

ERB_6RhU4AA-8hJ

Testing livery:
ERSWn1JVAAEi_gk

Note that Red Bull doesn't appear on the #37 TOM'S Toyota anymore. There have been rumours that due to their close partnership with Honda in F1, Red Bull will be a title sponsor of a Honda team, most likely Mugen.

For those unaware: the official Super GT YouTube channel have been uploading full races from years past, all in Japanese except for last year and so far only back to 2011.

The races streamed on the former Nismo TV (now known as The Race) channel are still available.

In another series of releases from the official Super GT YouTube channel, they are doing season reviews of all previous seasons from the very beginning of the JGTC. So far they have reached 1998 with 1999 due imminently.

The videos are between 10 and 15 minutes long and have no commentary over them so it's just pure racing car sound and visuals to enjoy.

Sorry for the double post.

Edit, 27/4: I see a video of the '94 review has been posted, now with added Sam Collins English commentary.

Last edited:
Raybrig really blew 1998.

I would say Honda in general blew 1998. Pole position at all of the races and won five of seven championship rounds and the All Star round. They were fairly dominant. They just didn't have the reliability. The story of the series might have been quite different if they had won though and managed to do the same as Toyota had managed the year before, won in their third season.

So Twin Ring Motegi, Twin Ring Suzuka, and Quadruplet Ring Fuji. Well at least we won't have to wait 6 weeks between races and forget about the series.

Tom's racing team has set up a crowdfunding page to help with the restoration of the 1998 Castrol Supra #36 on the makuake.com site.

Great idea. I wonder if more teams will take this lead?

Good race, particularly in GT300.

Should the Subaru team maybe move away from their WRC engines? Having them constantly blow up is very bad marketing...

Back