2020 Super GT SeriesTouring Cars 

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 118 comments
I'm just seeing it as first race problems. The Huracans and a couple Porsches with tyre(set up?) dramas.

I thought the GB Supra was crazy slow. We'll see if it gets tuned up as the "year" progresses.

One very interesting titbit was the brief about new MC regs. A GT300 MIRA? Hmm...

I thought the GB Supra was crazy slow. We'll see if it gets tuned up as the "year" progresses.

You mean the Supra that led the GT300 field for the entire race? Or are we talking about a different car?

Have to say, the ZENT Supra looks dropdead gorgeous!

I'm just seeing it as first race problems. The Huracans and a couple Porsches with tyre(set up?) dramas.

One very interesting titbit was the brief about new MC regs. A GT300 MIRA? Hmm...

The Supra was visibly slower on the main straight than the Nissan GT-R and AMG GT3 it eventually passed. It must have been a lot better in the corners than those two.

It would be interesting to know the weight limit for JAF GT300 spec cars. I wonder if it's still 1100 kg? That coupled with a power limit of circa 450bhp would make sense for that.

You mean the Supra that led the GT300 field for the entire race? Or are we talking about a different car?

Have to say, the ZENT Supra looks dropdead gorgeous!
Yes. It was clearly and also mentioned by both commentators, to be lacking in straight line speed. Cornering was where it made up time.

Again, we'll see if it gets tuned up during the next races. Fuji races dominate the calendar. Excluding bad weather, we'll have a reference of this first race.

Sad to see both ARTA cars fall out to pretty much identical incidents. What happened to the Modulo Honda? That car got swamped hard. I thought it was breaking down at first. Was rooting for the Kunimitsu car to catch the lead, but second's a good result. Good win for Nissan in an otherwise difficult season.

Just caught up on the race. Wasn't happy to see the GT-R's at the back, but they had good race pace. Especially the blue car that made it's way up to 5th before the pit stops. Unfortunately they lost all those spots towards the end. Pretty much ended up where they started. Bad luck for Jann getting his nose pinched, ending his race.

It's going to be a tight championship right down to the wire. It's been a great season.

Personally I'm rooting for the Nismo GT-R but I don't think they stand a chance at Fuji with all of the success ballast removed. It'll be a Toyota white wash again I think. In which case I hope Ryo Hirakawa can clinch it. GT300 is going to be interesting too. I hope JP can get it.

Really though, I won't be upset whoever wins. They're all great drivers and teams and I'm just happy they've managed to run a season with all that's going on in the world and that I've gotten to watch.

Thats a crying shame so see the Raybrig brand axed :(. Will be odd seeing a Kunimitsu NSX in anything other than Raybrig colours really, but at least they finally got their title in those iconic purple colours in 2018. Still 2020 to decide of course...

Last edited:
The end of an era. :ouch: No more Raybrig after the last race this season.

https://www.motorsport.com/supergt/news/kunimitsu-raybrig-sponsorship-deal-end/4916063/

full

Awful news. I'm gonna miss that iconic livery :(

Back