2020 Super GT SeriesTouring Cars 

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 118 comments
I'm completely over the moon! My favorite team do it again! Yamamoto put in the work and it paid off big time. Last few laps were so tense, and just when you think it's done... What a heart stopping moment!

I'll miss the iconic Raybrig sponsorship that has lived on since the JGTC days, but I look forward to what new look the team will take on next year. But what a way to close the partnership!

When you try your best but you don't succeeeeed
050B7F53-91BB-478B-ACAB-AD6F08EFFD4E.jpeg

Hopefully Nissan figures out what has hindered their performance this season in GT500. Some flashes of brilliance (start of this race being one) followed by disappointment. Cars had basically zero pace. Can't say the same for GT300 though, thankfully.

Make that three big name races/championships Toyota has lost at the very end of it. If I were Ryo Hirakawa, I would've thrown my helmet through the back window just to top it off.

Make that three big name races/championships Toyota has lost at the very end of it. If I were Ryo Hirakawa, I would've thrown my helmet through the back window just to top it off.

You know I had trouble pinpointing the third one but then your last sentence bought it all back :lol:

DailySportsCar is doing a 4 part series highlighting the evolution of the GT500 class. Part 1 focuses on Honda, parts 2 and 3 will focus on Nissan and Toyota/Lexus with a 4th part showing the other cars that have taken part.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/12/27/hondas-history-in-gt500-in-pictures.html

I was thinking about posting it but I was on the line with AT&T for about 5 hours today to activate two frickin’ Apple Watch lines...

Anyway, I never liked the new NSX, the HSV looks way better but the old NSX-GT is simply superb, especially after the facelift, and of course the GT2 one looks fantastic, too.

This reminds me that I have to look around for GT500 AC, AMS or rF2 mods - GT500 cars are conspicuously absent from most titles... I guess I could pull out GT5 or GT6 (don’t have a PS4 or PS5) but I would need to play a lot in either to get enough credits to buy one of these beauties...

Last edited:
Really is cool to take a trip down memory lane and see where Gran Turismo increased my knowledge of Super GT. Classic machines in the 90s era.

Some silly season news has already begun thanks to Autosport Japan:

20201230_130708.jpg

The one that cathces my eye the most however is the last batch of news:

"While multiple teams will see a livery change, with the probable return of a historic livery (possibly sponsor)

Return of a historic livery you say...?

Some silly season news has already begun thanks to Autosport Japan:

View attachment 981717

The one that cathces my eye the most however is the last batch of news:

"While multiple teams will see a livery change, with the probable return of a historic livery (possibly sponsor)

Return of a historic livery you say...?
I'd love to see one of the TOM's Supras in the Castrol livery. Watching all of 2020 the new Supra GT500 have really grown on me for their looks.

Last edited:
I'd love to see one of the TOM's Supras in the Castrol livery. Watching all of 2020 the new Supra GT500 have really grown on me for their looks.

Speaking of Castrol-liveried Supras here’s the third installment of the DSC series about the GT500 cars dealing with Toyota:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/01/01/toyotas-history-in-gt500-in-pictures.html

Also, as good measure, here’s the final part about all the others:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/...ternational-marques-in-gt500-in-pictures.html

For me the HKS Merc was the absolute highlight in this list. One make I really missed was Mazda. Was there really no GT500 Mazda in any form at all?

Anyway, I’d love to have a similar set of posts about the GT300 category, gonna ping DSC about it for sure :)

ErvObDGVQAcWO2f

New colors for the Real team, the Astemo NSX.

Also Kunimitsu is teasing their new colors on the 18th.

Back