2021/2022 World Rally Championship

• Thread starter Rossell2
  • 79 comments
I'm in awe of Tanak's pace. I'm not sure he can hold Kalle off for the whole of Sunday, but it sure is impressive to watch.
I think he can if he doesn't crash. Kalle knows Tänäk is risking everything and Kalle wants the WRC title more than the Rally Finland win.

I really hope Tänäk makes it and wins, he truly deserves it.

Lappi rolling his car thrice and still making it through the Power Stage with the time he did was pretty epic.

Really appreciate the calmness of Kalle accepting the second place when Tänäk drove all the stages 110% from the word go. That's something Loeb and Ogier are so good at, making the best of every situation and playing it smart.

Lappi rolling his car thrice and still making it through the Power Stage with the time he did was pretty epic.

Really appreciate the calmness of Kalle accepting the second place when Tänäk drove all the stages 110% from the word go. That's something Loeb and Ogier are so good at, making the best of every situation and playing it smart.
Lappi's, erm..... Remodelling of his Yaris, minus windscreen, rear wing, roof and functional cooling system.

1659903631983.png

It was great to see Tanak win again, you could tell that it was sheer bloody mindness on his part. I love it when his like this. Let's hope he can get the car more to his liking soon, we have been robbed since he switched to Hyundai. IMO he should switch to Ford next year, the champ is wasted where he is, subdued for too long now.

Last edited:
Well, like the Toyota boss Jari-Matti Latvala said you can't complete a perfect season in rally and it's only a matter of time before you make a mistake.

It's incredible how small a mistake can cause a spectacular crash. If the car would have turned just a little bit more he would have missed the rut and just driven on some grass.

This is a very punishing rally. Takamotos car also broke so this is not going to be the best week for Toyota.

Neuville seems to got this if he doesn't crash or puncture a tire. This is a very difficult rally I have to say. Not looking forward driving this in a sim. 😅

Entertaining rally, but compared to others this season nothing special. Hyundai looked good this time, I hope they can challenge in Greece as well. Ford... it's getting pretty desperate.

Rumors swirling in Estonian and Finnish media of Tänak moving to M-Sport next year.

And for sure this adds fuel to the fire:

"TÄNAK: MONCET SHOULDN’T LEAD HYUNDAI"

There was speculation that Tänak is being an asshole so Hyundai would release him from his contract... M-sport need a good driver, but I'm not sure if the negativity Tänak brings is worth it for the team.

I would loove Drive to Survive: Rally Edition. So many untold stories!

I feel that it would be great for Tanak and MSport if they reunited. Ott is very demanding but straight to the point, they have a good car that is going to ruin atm. Ott would fully exploit it and push/lead the team.

Kalle Rovanpera is the 2022 WRC champion. Incredible effort from the youngster, winning the title at 22. For some context, Sebastien Loeb took the first of his 9(!) at age 30.

He's done it with 2 rounds to spare, with wins at Sweden, Croatia, Portugal, Kenya, Estonia and New Zealand. Very impressive 👏

Kalle Rovanpera is the 2022 WRC champion. Incredible effort from the youngster, winning the title at 22. For some context, Sebastien Loeb took the first of his 9(!) at age 30.

He's done it with 2 rounds to spare, with wins at Sweden, Croatia, Portugal, Kenya, Estonia and New Zealand. Very impressive 👏

He's been phenomenal this year. Congratulations to the new champion!

Back