2021 Chevrolet Tahoe/Suburban

United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA
The next-generation Chevrolet Tahoe/ Suburban has officially been unveiled today:

upload_2019-12-10_21-25-14.png

upload_2019-12-10_21-25-22.png

upload_2019-12-10_21-25-34.png

upload_2019-12-10_21-25-48.png

upload_2019-12-10_21-25-55.png

76717525_10157673365372296_8677614463857197056_o.jpg

ss7hw5ad2sd9co7kbhgh.jpg

upload_2019-12-10_21-26-9.png

I'm not a fan. It's as if they took the existing Tahoe/Suburban and just copied and pasted the new Silverado's ugly looking front-end onto it. I can tell GM really took a lot of influence from the Ford Expedition. The interior is an improvement though.

On a side note, I could see the 2020s being a dire time for GM. From axing all sedans except for the Cadillac CT4 and CT5, killing the Camaro, and introducing a plethora of rather unattractive and bland SUV/CUVs like the Blazer, Trailblazer, Silverado, and this one, it seems things are really going downhill. This new approach is not only going to lure away new buyers but is a slap in the face to GM customers who've bought sedans for generations. No SUV/CUV produced by GM at the moment, whether it be a luxury or non-luxury vehicle, has anything that its foreign competitors don't do better.

Putting the controversial exterior aside, the interior has improved somehow over the years.

By the way, where the hell did that old column shifter go?

I'm not so sure about that Z71 but I'm excited to see these in person. I'm also happy that it finally receives an independent rear suspension as well as more legroom in the third row. I'm also happy that the column shifter is gone for the Tahoe/Suburban. This will also help the Yukon/Escalade too, I bet.

I'm also curious to see how many buyers will opt for that Duramax over the tried-and-true 5.3 and 6.2.

When the Suburban and Tahoe from two and more generations ago had an ancient four speed tranny, this one has a ten speed tranny.

Last edited:
The Z71 is like a bro-dozer wet dream. Also, I'm sure the Carolinas are salivating at the prospect of being able to squat the back of it.

Black one out and watch their checkbooks fly to the nearest dealer of their own accord.

What I don't understand is why they don't change the body even more to distance it from the Chevy and GMC models? The guy says that they finally gave it its own interior, so why not give the side profile a bit of its own uniqueness as well? I know the answer is tooling/designing costs, but I know that them looking like their siblings with only a new front and rear is not a new complaint.

What I don't understand is why they don't change the body even more to distance it from the Chevy and GMC models? The guy says that they finally gave it its own interior, so why not give the side profile a bit of its own uniqueness as well? I know the answer is tooling/designing costs, but I know that them looking like their siblings with only a new front and rear is not a new complaint.
If it's not because of cost cutting reasons, then it's probably because of the platform it uses so they had to make it look similar to its cheaper Chevy and GMC counterparts in the exterior department.

Chevy's design language is just awful imo. The Yukon will probably look like the Sierra if this Tahoe is anything to go by, still not a fan.

The Escalade isn't looking too pretty either.

The bespoke interior in the Escalade actually looks worse than the Tahoe/Suburban...

The headlights look like they are straight from a Range Rover. Make that grille a 3rd the size and it could easily be one.

Im definitely one of the only people who actually likes this new design language. I think the trucks look fantastic, the new Blazer is definitely one of the better looking small suv's on the road, the interiors are incredible, Im glad the column shifter is gone in the suv's, that white Suburban in the OP looks stunning IMO, and Im in love with that red Tahoe. very interested to see what the GMC versions will look like. Having had the opportunity to drive some of the new GM trucks at work, I have to say the interiors feel way ahead of the new Fords, but not quite where the Ram trucks are.

I hate how the touchscreen in the Denali has trim around the bottom and right, but not the top or left. It looks like the whole thing is slightly off center because of that and it really bugs me. :irked:

I haven't been sold on this newer sort of styling up front on Chevrolet trucks. I thought the newer Blazer had very nice styling up front, even if it looks too Camaro-ish. However, this trickle-down in styling from the Silverado doesn't look very good on the next Suburban and Tahoe models. The side and rear profiles look great, meanwhile. Overall, I'd give the new styling either a B+ or an A-.

Amongst the premiums siblings of the Expedition or Suburban, I don't know which one looks worse. The Navigator or this.

image.php

The version with the mesh grille isn't as bad, but the headlights still look way too small. They showed off the interior as well, I wonder why Cadillac kept a physical shifter when both Chevy and GMC went with the push buttons?
hbeugbrzhuuefnvt68ol.jpg

Back